00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thedemonsareus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Player Not Working

28,604 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-01-10 15:42:16

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I have tried to play games using the Newgrounds player for a few weeks and it just doesn't work. I have tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, Every time I go to "click here to open in Newground Player" It never opens. I have reinstalled the player several times and there is no fix. I have attempted to look in the forum but either no one has this issue, or the conversation is so buried that I can't find it. There are a lot of games and flash animations that I want to view but I can't because the player is broken. If anyone has a fix, then please help me out. Help Me Obi-New-Grounds you're my only hope.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-01-10 20:29:16

The Newgrounds Player is still under development, you can read a bit about the background here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1447335

I think most animations should work, and games should eventually work.

In the mean time you should still be able to use the regular flash player in your browser to play those games.

What operating system are you using? Have you tried it on another computer? That'll narrow down if it's an issue in your setup or a bug in the player.

At 1/10/20 03:42 PM, Rayden413 wrote: I'm not sure if I missed something, but I have tried to play games using the Newgrounds player for a few weeks and it just doesn't work. I have tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, Every time I go to "click here to open in Newground Player" It never opens. I have reinstalled the player several times and there is no fix. I have attempted to look in the forum but either no one has this issue, or the conversation is so buried that I can't find it. There are a lot of games and flash animations that I want to view but I can't because the player is broken. If anyone has a fix, then please help me out. Help Me Obi-New-Grounds you're my only hope.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-01-10 22:14:10

I use Windows 10. While I can activate the player, the information isn't going from the site to the player. It was once, back when the player was first being implemented. It has worked for me in the past, and I've done nothing to change it with the exception of my browser getting the "FlashDED.exe" update. In case you aren't aware, Flash is dead. Chrome and Firefox do not support it anymore and therefore I cannot run any flash animations on my browser. As far as using other computers, No. I am not privileged enough to own multiple computers.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-12-29 16:57:42

At 1/10/20 10:14 PM, Rayden413 wrote: I use Windows 10. While I can activate the player, the information isn't going from the site to the player. It was once, back when the player was first being implemented. It has worked for me in the past, and I've done nothing to change it with the exception of my browser getting the "FlashDED.exe" update. In case you aren't aware, Flash is dead. Chrome and Firefox do not support it anymore and therefore I cannot run any flash animations on my browser. As far as using other computers, No. I am not privileged enough to own multiple computers.

Yeah, I use Windows 10, too!

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 04:46:55

Is there a video tutorial on how to fix it? it keeps telling me i need flash. im confused i thought newgrounds player was gna work when flash was gone but i keep getting "you need flash" error images. it was working fine 2 days ago before flash was dead.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 12:10:21

At 1/12/21 04:46 AM, LoveLustMurder wrote: Is there a video tutorial on how to fix it? it keeps telling me i need flash. im confused i thought newgrounds player was gna work when flash was gone but i keep getting "you need flash" error images. it was working fine 2 days ago before flash was dead.

yeah same here

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-13 15:58:44

I just want the chinaman soundboard to work again. I enjoyed pranking people with that.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-14 02:59:18

At 1/12/21 04:46 AM, LoveLustMurder wrote: Is there a video tutorial on how to fix it? it keeps telling me i need flash. im confused i thought newgrounds player was gna work when flash was gone but i keep getting "you need flash" error images. it was working fine 2 days ago before flash was dead.

Video, no. But Sonu's got some solutions.

https://sonucais.newgrounds.com/news/post/1137244

Not really mine solution would be Palemoon Portable with a download of an older version of FP 32. This SHOULD work on all Flash sites and not just NG.

http://andkon.com/arcade/faq.php

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-24 19:15:39

For me (I recently tried) it just has a flash logo and that's it, nothing loads still :(

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-24 22:58:42

At 1/24/21 07:15 PM, SamuelJW wrote: For me (I recently tried) it just has a flash logo and that's it, nothing loads still :(

Same. The application launches but it doesn't seem to have received any specific target information for an swf.

I don't like that they told us to download and install this when it's not working. That's unprofessional.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

At 1/24/21 10:58 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 1/24/21 07:15 PM, SamuelJW wrote: For me (I recently tried) it just has a flash logo and that's it, nothing loads still :(
Same. The application launches but it doesn't seem to have received any specific target information for an swf.

I don't like that they told us to download and install this when it's not working. That's unprofessional.

same story here

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-25 01:35:20

At 1/25/21 01:26 AM, kelakewey wrote:

same story here

Good thing they're working on it and the workout around has been posted many of times.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-25 15:42:30

At 1/25/21 01:35 AM, Fro wrote:

same story here
Good thing they're working on it and the workout around has been posted many of times.

What's the Workaround? I think we're all dying to know.

At 1/25/21 03:42 PM, FlavafulFlavor wrote:
At 1/25/21 01:35 AM, Fro wrote:

same story here
What's the Workaround? I think we're all dying to know.

It's linked in every thread on this forum asking. Its been asked a lot.

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1462717

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-31 08:07:31

At 1/10/20 08:29 PM, OmarShehata wrote: The Newgrounds Player is still under development, you can read a bit about the background here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1447335

In the mean time you should still be able to use the regular flash player in your browser to play those games.

What operating system are you using? Have you tried it on another computer? That'll narrow down if it's an issue in your setup or a bug in the player.

At 1/10/20 03:42 PM, Rayden413 wrote: I'm not sure if I missed something, but I have tried to play games using the Newgrounds player for a few weeks and it just doesn't work. I have tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, Every time I go to "click here to open in Newground Player" It never opens. I have reinstalled the player several times and there is no fix. I have attempted to look in the forum but either no one has this issue, or the conversation is so buried that I can't find it. There are a lot of games and flash animations that I want to view but I can't because the player is broken. If anyone has a fix, then please help me out. Help Me Obi-New-Grounds you're my only hope.

is there a way to download flash games?

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-09 17:04:29

Me too

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-11 22:11:29

At 3/9/21 05:04 PM, JohnNguyen1873652 wrote:
Me too

Check the guide, which was linked in the pinned Tom's post....

https://sonucais.newgrounds.com/news/post/1137244

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-11 22:14:13

At 1/31/21 08:07 AM, The-Orange-Diamond wrote:
At 1/10/20 08:29 PM, OmarShehata wrote: The Newgrounds Player is still under development, you can read a bit about the background here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1447335

is there a way to download flash games?

That would be Flashpoint. NG doesn't seem to link directly to SWF files now. Though Flashpoint is now archiving all types of browser games and everything else their userbase wants, which is kinda ridiculous.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-11 22:56:24

At 1/10/20 03:42 PM, Rayden413

same here i cant play anything on it

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-12 16:34:22

I know what's causing this. It's Windows updates that prevents Flash from working.

Good thing I enjoyed playing Flash games on Newgrounds while I could!

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-13 01:02:30

SONUCAIS IS USELESS AGAINST MY PROBLEMiu_256618_8664866.pngiu_256619_8664866.png

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-03-17 01:22:31

For me itll let me open the program thing, but it'll either be completely blank or not have the buttons I need to click to start actually playing the game. newground games that dont require me to open up the newgrounds player work just fine but the whole reason I started using newgrounds was to play the games I spesifically cant play on here

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-04-05 06:36:48

Well too bad you gotta use ruffle. ruffle.rs to download. To enable ruffle in ng open your profile and press account settings. Scroll down until you see use newgrounds player thingy and use ruffle emulation if possible buttons. Disable use ng player and enable use ruffle emulation if its disabled for you. Never forget! Ruffle doesnt support every game!

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-05-29 12:19:13

I use Windows 10 and the Newgrounds player doesn't show anything. It just shows white. I've waited and it is still just white. also keep the reply chain going

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-07-07 01:40:59

I tried to post a game made in Flash with AS3. when published it only shows a white screen. Is New Grounds player not up to the task? or have I done something wrong?