00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PancracioChoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2019 Final Round

7,870 Views | 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 02:08:42

Haha, yes! I actually got top three! Congrats to Vociferous for taking first place; well deserved. Thank you to all the other participants for making this contest challenging as hell, and thank you to the judges for their hard work. I’ll see y’all in the next one!

Sincerely, Wolfgang Miakoda.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 03:05:44

Congrats to the winners, you steam a good ham.. also i had fun.

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 03:06:14

Congrats to TOP3 Authors!

And biiiiiiig thanks to all judges. I understand that it was truly hard work to do this:)

@TaintedLogic You did great job!

This is my signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 04:51:22

Congratulations to the winners! :)

...and AAaAaAAAAaaaAAaA 5th place!? That is honestly amazing. :D

Looking forward to what's next. ^_^

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 06:22:19

Wow! I had never experted to get the 7th place! Congrats everyone!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 06:40:29

Heck yeah! Top 3!

Good work to you all, I have no doubt that this was a tough contest to judge. Much appreciated for your work, and I plan on hitting you people up for reviews as well.

Will definitely have to listen and follow the other guys here, and I'm super honored to be a 3rd place competitor in this compo. This means a lot to me. Still wish I had more time to pull off something a little cleaner and epic, but I'm impressed with how this has gone so far.

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 06:41:49 (edited 2019-08-29 06:42:56)

never gonna be proud of myself haha

actually being in top 10 is really nice, the whole contest was a great journey and big bunch of recieved experience

thank you all for such a great time, thanks for the judges who did absolutely great job here, huge congrats to the winners and all participants as well, everyone did a great job here

hope to see you next year!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-30 07:26:17 (edited 2019-08-30 07:31:22)

Oh, I'm late! For some reason I did not get any notification and I didn't bother to check this thread yesterday as the official rules claimed today would be the end of the competition.

However, what would be a winner without a proper speech? First off, I'm super happy that I could fulfill one of my goals. I kept myself away from contests since many years and winning the first competition I participated on after such a long time makes me feel very proud!

Also congratulations to rank two and three, you did deserve the places just as well!

But also hats up for everyone who made it into the finals. You guys all are talented and truly good competitors. Seeing it from the technical perspective, you all did a very good job with the mixing and mastering! You guys can make it far and please don't give up and keep doing what you are good at, music! And never forget to take critism. From my experience it is one of the most important aspects for a musician. You only can improve, if you know what you have to improve and understand it.

If you ever need advice and tips, feel free to PM me with your track and I will leave you a fair review on it that might help you further! :)

A big thanks for the judges and their spare time they took to review every single of our tracks. I appreciate your time being taken for that!

Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-30 15:40:32

LMAO all stars lost to Newbies. KARMA

Congrats to both winners and losers (sniff), this was another great NGUAC

thanks @TaintedLogic for hosting this

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-31 23:28:24

Hey everyone! I apologize for this being a little late, but I want to congratulate everyone who participated in the Final Round and a HUGE congrats to the top 3! I enjoyed listening to everyone's music, and like TL, appreciate those who passed along here, from the spectators to those knocked out midway to the 21 finalists.

I enjoyed listening to everyone's pieces, and during the KO round I found I was being a bit... "predictable", I guess. I passed through every category at least once, and I posted my spreadsheet, so people knew what I was looking for, right? Well, I decided to change my judging routine this round - 5 categories instead of 4, 2 max per category instead of 2.5, 0.4 increments instead of 0.5... but most importantly, I piled everyone's finals songs into a temporary playlist (which has been self-destructed by this point), played the songs from my phone, turned off the screen, and blindly judged everyone's entries. Needless to say, things were harder for me this round, but a few users ended up getting a 10 or close even still.

Honestly, I want to thank everyone. The music I've listened to over the past couple of months has been diverse all around - some were amazing, others not too much. Many of you guys have amazing music production skills, and even if you didn't place in the top 10 or even make it to the finals, I encourage many of you to continue your skills, and perhaps come back next year. Who knows, I'm still debating on coming back to the competitor chair as I was last year or being a judge again.

Anyways, here is the scorebook, which has the finals scoring from me. Feel free to DM me if you want a further breakdown of your score!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-rh44wGEfeZaMBNpOhq06ct8zL0eD3B7YyFNxT1qloU/edit?usp=sharing

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature