00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2019 Final Round

7,871 Views | 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 18:00:25 (edited 2019-08-25 18:01:01)

SIX (6) HOURS LEFT!

@Dude2312 @EverReverb @Fire-Gold @JRTH @MisledSatellite @SirQuebi @Spadezer @Xehao

Note: If you reply to this post, please take the extra few seconds to scroll down and delete the taglist. Thanks!

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 18:32:31

Prepping the finishing touches. Work has been crazy! I'll upload it before it's due!

3rd Place of the February NAC 2019!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 20:37:53

Here is my submission for the NGUAC 2019 Final Round. Wishing everybody good luck.

3rd Place of the February NAC 2019!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 20:51:36

At 8/25/19 06:00 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: SIX (6) HOURS LEFT!

Here's my submission. Tried something completely out of the box - and I absolutely loved working tirelessly on this. Since this is the final round, I thought I owe it to the judges to make something worth listening all the way through for.

Good luck to everyone in the competition! It's been a blast.

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 22:56:49

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:00:53

ONE HOUR LEFT!

@EverReverb @Fire-Gold @MisledSatellite @SirQuebi @Spadezer

Note: If you reply to this post, please take the extra few seconds to scroll down and delete the taglist. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:13:20

I'm putting my money on @Spadezer

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:32:55 (edited 2019-08-25 23:38:59)

Here's my submission:

Finally got it done, though to be honest I wasn't too worried about not making it in time. For the purposes of clarity, yes the same song was used as my NGADM submission, but I started the project after the final round of NGUAC had begun, with the intention of making one piece for both competitions, so as to not kill myself with work and stress.

Good luck to everybody!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:43:12

Alright made it

Just about pulled a @johnfn too with the timing. I'm not one to be this close to the deadline.

p.s. good luck to the other finalists beating this mess

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:45:50

At 8/25/19 11:43 PM, Spadezer wrote: Just about pulled a @johnfn too with the timing. I'm not one to be this close to the deadline.

At least you didn't pull a @LunacyEcho. That dude is literally first on, last off with these competitions.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:53:21

At 8/25/19 11:43 PM, Spadezer wrote: Alright made it

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/879809

You have 17 whole minutes before the deadline! You could be writing more melodies I mean cmon!

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-25 23:55:33 (edited 2019-08-25 23:55:45)

At 8/25/19 11:53 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 8/25/19 11:43 PM, Spadezer wrote: Alright made it

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/879809
You have 17 whole minutes before the deadline! You could be writing more melodies I mean cmon!

Got to leave that extra room in case the website or my computer accidentally hiccups

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-26 00:05:56 (edited 2019-08-26 00:06:49)

Okay! The midnight hour has come and passed (at least here on the east coast of the U.S.).

Unfortunately, that means that @EverReverb, @Fire-Gold, and @MisledSatellite have all been disqualified.

You three may still submit, but your tracks will be subject to the late penalty as outlined in the rules. Also, for transparency's sake, @Sylux03 previously notified me that he could not participate in the round.

The remaining competitors will be judged collectively over the next few days, regardless of their group of origin. Results should come out sometime on Wednesday, August 28th. Congrats on coming this far, everyone!

Judges! You know what to do. @Bosa @Cheshyre @EndKMusic @Everratic @Jacob @Midimachine @Samulis @SplatterDash

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-26 20:42:04

sorry the work..

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-26 21:08:07

At 8/26/19 08:42 PM, Fire-Gold wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/879931
sorry the work..

Okay. We will accept your submission, but it will be subject to the "late tax" as per the rules. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-27 06:38:34

I want to keep the hype train going!

.... We should start a conga line

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 10:14:12 (edited 2019-08-28 10:15:01)

Can't wait to see results :))

This is my signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 14:20:46

Okay! The judges are almost done, but we’re waiting for @EndKMusic to come back from his new pilates class and report his scores. Pilates is kinda a spiritual thing for him, so he likes going to his class before finishing the judging. He was supposed to be back a couple of hours ago, but I’m sure that’s not something to be worried about or anything. I’ll keep you posted! 

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 14:53:58 (edited 2019-08-28 14:54:10)

Sorry!

Actually, whole pilates crew's now listening to submissions while doing the exercises. No worrays, we'll be done by the time cooldown starts.

^_-

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 18:09:52

Hmmm….so, I just got off the phone with @EndKMusic, and he seems convinced that his pilates class revealed a host of health problems he has that urgently need to be addressed. Luckily, the pilates studio comes with an attached medical clinic, and EndK seems to be in recovery. I’ve asked @Jacob and @Cheshyre to do some research into the clinic’s approach, however, just to get an idea of how long it will take EndK to get back to judging. Thanks for your patience, everyone! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 19:34:04

While we wait for EndK, I will say on my side that the scores are pretty high from where I'm looking.

iu_51408_6873099.jpg

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 21:06:11

After looking into this pilates organization, the judges have come across some very concerning Yelp reviews that accuse the studio of using pilates as a lure to manipulate people into buying various other expensive health products and services (which they also sell) that they don’t need. Also, their branding is a little weird (see below). 

Obviously, we were a little skeptical once @EndKMusic started asking the other judges for thousands of euros to cover his “urgent” “treatment” costs, but quite frankly we just want him to be able to finish judging. So, we’ve broadened our approaches to getting EndK back in order to get the results out as soon as possible. @midimachine and @Bosa have organized a bake sale to try to raise the money that EndK (and the pilates people) want. @Everratic and @SplatterDash have sued the pilates studio over their sketchy and manipulative business practices. Lastly, @Samulis and myself have simply tried to calm our nerves and foster some mindfulness by going to the studio and doing some pilates. Hopefully one of these methods works, and we’re all able to finish judging soon. 

iu_51431_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 21:31:22

At 8/28/19 09:06 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: After looking into this pilates organization, the judges have come across some very concerning Yelp reviews that accuse the studio of using pilates as a lure to manipulate people into buying various other expensive health products and services (which they also sell) that they don’t need. Also, their branding is a little weird (see below). 

Obviously, we were a little skeptical once @EndKMusic started asking the other judges for thousands of euros to cover his “urgent” “treatment” costs, but quite frankly we just want him to be able to finish judging. So, we’ve broadened our approaches to getting EndK back in order to get the results out as soon as possible. @midimachine and @Bosa have organized a bake sale to try to raise the money that EndK (and the pilates people) want. @Everratic and @SplatterDash have sued the pilates studio over their sketchy and manipulative business practices. Lastly, @Samulis and myself have simply tried to calm our nerves and foster some mindfulness by going to the studio and doing some pilates. Hopefully one of these methods works, and we’re all able to finish judging soon. 

Is........

Is that the parrot the @Ectisity took?

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 21:47:16

At 8/28/19 09:31 PM, Spadezer wrote:
At 8/28/19 09:06 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: After looking into this pilates organization, the judges have come across some very concerning Yelp reviews that accuse the studio of using pilates as a lure to manipulate people into buying various other expensive health products and services (which they also sell) that they don’t need. Also, their branding is a little weird (see below). 

Is........
Is that the parrot the @Ectisity took?

He's on to us guys, burn the evidence!!!

Just a random idiot

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 22:07:39 (edited 2019-08-28 22:07:49)

At 8/28/19 09:47 PM, Ectisity wrote:
At 8/28/19 09:31 PM, Spadezer wrote:

Obviously, we were a little skeptical once EndKMusic started asking the other judges for thousands of euros to cover his “urgent” “treatment” costs, but quite frankly we just want him to be able to finish judging. So, we’ve broadened our approaches to getting EndK back in order to get the results out as soon as possible. midimachine and Bosa have organized a bake sale to try to raise the money that EndK (and the pilates people) want. Everratic and SplatterDash have sued the pilates studio over their sketchy and manipulative business practices. Lastly, Samulis and myself have simply tried to calm our nerves and foster some mindfulness by going to the studio and doing some pilates. Hopefully one of these methods works, and we’re all able to finish judging soon. 
Is........
Is that the parrot the Ectisity took?

wait wha- wAIT NO WE ARE NOT BURNING THE PARROT!

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 22:41:31 (edited 2019-08-28 22:41:57)

Is........
Is that the parrot the Ectisity took?
wait wha- wAIT NO WE ARE NOT BURNING THE PARROT!

Are you really going to blow this entire operation because of the life of a pesky bird? Looks like we have a traitor within our proud familia.... Giovanni, get my gun.

Just a random idiot

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 23:39:33

Welp, good news, everyone! We’ve run the phony pilates studio out of business and all of our judges are finishing up. In the end, all it took to dismantle their greedy tactics was to have them face a customer whose health and vibrancy was too great for them to criticize into submission - namely, @Samulis. EndK is still recovering from his emotionally taxing ordeal, but regardless the results should be out shortly. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 23:47:20

Yup, I decided to cut the B.S. involved in making another thread for the final results. You can find the top 3...right here!

THE WINNERS:

1st Place: @VociferousMusic

2nd Place: @WolfgangMiakoda

3rd Place: @Spadezer

4th – 20th, in that order: @Dude2312, @MrKoolTrix, @Depard, @Runanova, @DrayxMusic, @8bitheroes, @Saruz, @JRTH, @Aenter, @TetsugakuMusic, @Dag0, @Shadowghost, @SirQuebi, @Disorderlys, @DJFrankMusic, @EmoshiLorenzo, @Xehao, @Fire-Gold

Congratulations to all of you on some truly inspiring work throughout the competition. It’s always such a pleasure to listen to all these tracks.

IF YOU’RE IN THE TOP THREE: @NekoMika will make sure the winning submissions are featured prominently on the site’s front page at her discretion. @Decky was also generous enough to make custom forum signatures for the top 3. Both of these individuals deserve your unending gratitude. If you’re in the top 3, please PM me your email address ASAP so that I can send you your forum sig when it’s ready. Please be patient, though. Making the forum sigs might take a couple of weeks.

And...that’s all, folks! Huge thanks as always to the judges, @Bosa, @Cheshyre, @EndKMusic, @Everratic, @Jacob, @Midimachine, @Samulis, @SplatterDash, and myself. These judges were chosen to score your tracks in part because they’re amazing musicians themselves, so go check out their content! Special shout-out to @Samulis for judging all 3 rounds despite originally signing on as a backup judge. :)

I’d also like to thank every single individual who auditioned, participated, or even followed the contest in any way. The competitors are the ones who truly make the NGUAC what it is.

Hope you’ll all join us again next year! Until then, see you around the Grounds. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-28 23:47:41 (edited 2019-08-28 23:49:30)

Specific scores:

iu_51488_4268414.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Final Round 2019-08-29 00:47:05

I liked to participate, congratulations to all, and thank you all for the support ( ˘ ³˘)♥