00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ride with us and see where we go!

3,982 Views | 24 Replies
Respond to this Topic

We’re hosting a Wick Editor Game Jam! Wick is free, open-source, web-based and works a lot like Flash. The Wick team has been making lots of updates and improvements in response to jam participants so be sure to read through the thread to see what’s up.

@Ant0on is hosting a Fan Art Contest with $175 in prize money!

Nine days remain to fund Tales of Alethrion - Season Two. ToA is a monumental animated web series and it would be great to see it continue with more episodes on NG! Also here's a @GroundsPatrol interview with Mikkel from ToA:

On the topic of Podcasts, @ACoupleOfCrickets interviewed @ninjamuffin99 this week!

June 10th is the deadline for our Monthly Writing Contest, with a theme of “Create an Original NG character.”

June 17th is the deadline for the Art Inspired Music Contest and also the beginning of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch.

It’s really appreciated when people get involved in Newgrounds in any way possible; whether it’s organizing an event, participating in an event or even just showing up to cheer on the participants!

The Internet has a way of fragmenting communities over time and I’ve always appreciated how much NG brings people together with a common interest in what goes on here. We’ve been seeing great successes from the community recently, such as @DarqV landing Mao Mao as a new series on Cartoon Network and @aalong64’s involvement with Tuca and Bertie on Netflix.

If you’ve seen the intro for Amphibia, an upcoming series on the Disney Channel, it was animated by @SandraDRivas, @Jaxxy, @Kreid, @PaulterVoorde, @blitzwuff, @IvanAlmighty, @HappyHarry @Miccool and other NG legends via @JakeGanz and @TomaMoto’s Studio Yotta!

I also learned recently that @EdSkudder is the showrunner for Unikitty on Cartoon Network. NG folks are everywhere!

There’s more to come, too, with Gato Robato (@Miroko and @josephbourgeois were on the four person team) coming out TOMORROW on Steam and Switch.

If you enjoy Newgrounds and what it stands for, please consider becoming a Supporter! It’s just $3 a month or $25 for the year, comes with a bunch of perks and helps the site TREMENDOUSLY.

I haven’t been pushing the supporter upgrade very hard this year because it makes me self-conscious but I know that’s a mistake. Some visitors read every news post and got the message long ago but most visitors only read one or two news posts per year, which is why it’s important to beat people over the head with reminders that paying supporters are vital to Newgrounds. I’ve had a long standing goal of 10,000 active supporters (and beyond), which would unleash the site’s potential as something that doesn’t depend on cramming ads everywhere. Anything between here and there is great, though; I’d love to see us his 3,000 active supporters in the near future. It would help a lot if you were one of them!

And even if you don’t have the money to financially support NG, you can still help a lot by doing the things I talked about above such as organizing, participating or just cheering people on.

We’d love for NG to be your primary platform as an artist but even if it’s not, you can help keep the party going by sharing your work here. I think a lot of people have hitched their wagons to various platforms over the years and have been consistently disappointed, so instead of hitching your wagon, how about you ride alongside us? No matter what else is happening in your life, ride with us and we’ll ride with you. We'll find out what's over the horizon together!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 12:15:51

GO NEWGROUNDS GO!

Is my cheering up to snuff?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 12:31:33

Aw, that's inspiring! I love how many of these people get around, even though I haven't seen anything from pretty much any of them (@aalong64 is the exception). It just shows how many talented people are out there (and on here) and I love how many of them still appreciate NG. To take an expression from the last paragraph, even if you get off the ride at some point, buying some fuel every once in a while shows you care. Or just checking our travel plan and remembering the good times. I don't know, I'm not really the one whose opinion matters on this, but I just really like the spirit of NG and I hope we ride together for quite a while longer.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

newgrounds good

It's always cool as shit when some NG person does something big in the INDUSTRY, whether it's helping out on some CN show, or something like have a successful indie game. It's like seeing one of your high school friends get famous or something like that. Very inspiring.

Ride together die together

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 13:11:39

Here's to another 100 more years!

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 13:34:26

+1 to the Tales of Alethrion kickstarter! I can vouch that Mikkel is an awesome guy to support. And busy. Makes me want to pursue my own grind even more.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 14:10:15

Thanks for the shout-out, Tom! And thank you and Ivan for Pico Day!!

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 15:23:12

Your last line was gorgeous. You get em' Tom, let's ride this together <3

Click the Squid -> 🦑

The future is getting brighter, let's keep it going fellas and gals (and everyone in-between).

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 18:04:19

iu_30274_1414829.jpg

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 19:23:14

At 5/29/19 11:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: On the topic of Podcasts, @ACoupleOfCrickets interviewed @ninjamuffin99 this week!

Wow thank you so much, Tom. This really means a ton to me.

And this:

We’d love for NG to be your primary platform as an artist but even if it’s not, you can help keep the party going by sharing your work here. I think a lot of people have hitched their wagons to various platforms over the years and have been consistently disappointed, so instead of hitching your wagon, how about you ride alongside us? No matter what else is happening in your life, ride with us and we’ll ride with you. We'll find out what's over the horizon together!

Is just beautiful. You bet my primary platform is Newgrounds, and with good reason. Best community on the internet by far!

I hope everyone keeps up the lovely work they've been doing. Long live NG

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 19:35:22

Newgrounds fosters creativity like no other place.

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 21:17:17

The title had me thinking this was gonna be the public release of the car livestream

Nope, still for supporters only

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-29 22:46:51

Newgrounds is the site that means the most to me on the internet. This gets more and more true as time goes on. The spirit of community and just generally a sincere love for animation, games, creativity and entertainment on here is truly inspiring.

In an ocean of different platforms which come and go, NG stays following its roots, being this unique creative corner of the internet, and as I just came back to upload a thing after some time, this was an inspiring read to find!

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 01:11:50

At 5/29/19 07:23 PM, GoodL wrote:
At 5/29/19 11:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: On the topic of Podcasts, @ACoupleOfCrickets interviewed @ninjamuffin99 this week!
Wow thank you so much, Tom. This really means a ton to me.

Didn't even notice this when i was readin WE OUT THERE

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 07:07:14

Sorry Tom I can't be a supporter at the moment, after losing my jobs things are pretty tough financially. I was a supporter before as you can see but cannot renew at the moment. I feel bad about that since Newgrounds has given a lot to me, but when I'm on my feet again with a job I will do another yearly subscription.

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 07:48:37

Thanks for mentioning my little contest, TomFulp!

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 08:08:37

At 5/30/19 07:07 AM, Eggy wrote: Sorry Tom I can't be a supporter at the moment, after losing my jobs things are pretty tough financially. I was a supporter before as you can see but cannot renew at the moment. I feel bad about that since Newgrounds has given a lot to me, but when I'm on my feet again with a job I will do another yearly subscription.

No worries, I would never want anyone to pay for supporter if it causes them difficulty! Just you being present on the site has always been a positive contribution.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 10:55:20

Ride on what your hot bod?

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 12:10:47

For some reason this title has me singing that one song from Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Come with me and you'll be

In a world of pure imagination

Take a look and you'll see

Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin

Traveling in the world of my creation

What we'll see will defy explanation

If you want to view paradise

Simply look around and view it

Anything you want to, do it

Wanna change the world?

There's nothing to it

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-30 22:15:50

At 5/29/19 11:57 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Thats quite the pedigree.. Always been so proud of the Artist I've met on this site, and being part of this legendary site, if only fleeting is still one of my most cherished moments.

As for your last statement. All I could hear was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdIf8BJME8

So much stuff going on right now, and so much inspirational writing both in that main post and the comments that follow! So awesome. Proud to have been riding with y'all for a while now and...

At 5/29/19 01:11 PM, Yomuchan wrote: Here's to another 100 more years!

...cheers to this!

Bout to go listen to that interview now. Wonder what the legendary nm99 sounds like IRL...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-05-31 10:13:24

Got my supporter upgrade on these 30 days for the first time in ages. Baby steps, amirite? We'll take this ride.

BBS Signature

Response to Ride with us and see where we go! 2019-06-01 03:00:46

I have been riding with NewGrounds since 2003. Way before I made my first account. Lets keep it going.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature