00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Epic Art Winners & Pico Day

7,007 Views | 32 Replies
Respond to this Topic

@matt-likes-swords and @Phyrnna have selected the winners for the Epic Battle Fantasy Art and Music Contest!

This contest was a celebration of the 10 Year Anniversary of Epic Battle Fantasy on Newgrounds and the Epic Battle Fantasy 5 release on Steam. The winners below will each receive a (Windows only) Steam key for EBF5, EBF4, Bullet Heaven 2 and the EBF5 soundtrack.

Top 10 Art

Top 5 Music

Thank you everyone who participated! Also be sure to check out the Epic Battle Fantasy Collab that @ronjaw organized as a surprise.

If you see Detective Pikachu this weekend, listen for @sonicmega as the Train PA System welcoming you to Ryme City and the Roundhouse Arena match result announcer!

Pico Day winners are up next; be sure to check out the Pico Day Art entries.

We were visited by the Hand Drawn Documentary crew this weekend and they interviewed some artists who were in town for Pico Day. Be sure to check our what they’re up to and follow @HandDrawnFilm on Twitter!

The Pico Day party this year was organized by @IvanAlmighty and hosted at PhilaMOCA. Ivan built a whole bunch of stuff for the event, including these NG-themed soda machines! Picture courtesy @Luis. Thank you everyone who came out for Pico Day, more pics are on the way!

iu_26158_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 12:23:13

Pico Day was great, met so many awesome people and coming in early was well worth it. I also had no idea those soda machines were built for the event, because holy shit were they cool. I wonder if there's an alternate universe out there where NG soda machines are all over the place :o

Anyhow, thank you so much Ivan for doing this and Tom for keeping this ship going for so many years. I'm looking forward to Pico Day 2020!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 13:14:32

Congratz all

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 13:27:03

Big thanks to everyone who participated in the competition and the collab!

I'll have some dinner and give out the prizes soon after.

BBS Signature

The Pico Day party this year was organized by @IvanAlmighty and hosted at PhilaMOCA. Ivan built a whole bunch of stuff for the event, including these NG-themed soda machines! Picture courtesy @Luis. Thank you everyone who came out for Pico Day, more pics are on the way!

I've got a boatload of event pics to sort through, would you like us to send you the good ones, and where?

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 14:55:22

At 5/13/19 02:25 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
I've got a boatload of event pics to sort through, would you like us to send you the good ones, and where?

Man we should get a whole album going, I'm gonna develop the cameras soon and make a news post about it all. You can email a drive link to ivanallmytea@gmail.com!

Also just to double check, besides you-know-who, Logan/Bianca need tags right?

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:04:00

Oh Boi. I won. I feel like cheating. This was just so fun to make! Thank you epicly much!

Lots of my favourites in the top spots, congratulations to you all!

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:10:40

At 5/13/19 02:55 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote:
Man we should get a whole album going, I'm gonna develop the cameras soon and make a news post about it all. You can email a drive link to ivanallmytea@gmail.com!

Bill Z took a lot of great pictures, I think my favorite is this one of @TomaMoto!

iu_26201_1.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:12:38

At 5/13/19 03:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Bill Z took a lot of great pictures, I think my favorite is this one of @TomaMoto!

Or maybe it's this one Bill Z snapped of @Luis:

iu_26203_1.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:15:40

Disney keeps doing live action reboots so how about a gritty Tank Men reboot staring @Krinkels and me?

I love this picture <3

iu_26206_3847739.jpg

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:22:10

At 5/13/19 03:15 PM, deathink wrote: Disney keeps doing live action reboots so how about a gritty Tank Men reboot staring @Krinkels and me?

I love this picture

I need to position myself closer to the camera when I'm posing with @Krinkels. (Bill Z pic again)

iu_26207_1.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 15:53:58

At 5/13/19 03:12 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/13/19 03:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Or maybe it's this one Bill Z snapped of @Luis:

Luis overlooking his kingdom

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 16:05:50

Congratulations to all the winners! Even though my remix didn't make it to the top of charts I am still glad that I took part in the competition, as if I didn't, I wouldn't hear all these amazing tracks from other contestants! Once again, congrats and keep up the good work everyone!

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 16:48:57

I hope to god I can go next year.

Good stuff tho

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 18:56:54

At 5/13/19 02:55 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote:

It's Bianca-doodles and SirLenward, i think logan has them

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 20:18:55

If you don't mind me asking, how long is the voting period for the Pico day entries for?

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 20:54:00

Congrats to all the winners of the music area of the EBF competition! I listened to the winners and they all sound really good :D

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 21:56:20

Thank you so much for the steam keys! I'm blaming Matt for my lack of sleep the next few days xD

Congratz to all winners! Pico day was great; tuned in to the stream for a bit and got to see actual faces of NG users.

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 22:57:57

HECK YEAH, NEWGROUNDS FLAVOR MACHINE!

Follow me on Newgrounds.com

Support me on Patreon

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 23:04:06

At 5/13/19 03:15 PM, deathink wrote: Disney keeps doing live action reboots so how about a gritty Tank Men reboot staring @Krinkels and me?

I love this picture

For this, I'd take acting lessons

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-13 23:13:13

godamn those soda machines look sick

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 00:50:25

Congrats to all the winners! That are some great entries.

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 06:21:36

Congrats to the winners! Some inspiring artistry there.

Always a blast with Pico Day too, though do envy all y'all who actually get to experience all of this IRL. Custom juice machines and everything. Looks like a pretty awesome time.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 06:23:45

At 5/13/19 08:18 PM, BigMike0050175 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how long is the voting period for the Pico day entries for?

I'd think staff, or a selected panel of judges, are the ones who pick the winners there. For us regular mortals the voting period's infinite. :) Nothing mentioned about that in the first Pico Day post this year but that's the usual order.

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 10:21:21

Well congrats to Epic Art Winners. I would say wow to the Dad n Me drink machine (a vendor or smoother?), I bet the flavoured drinks are tasty.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 12:43:35

At 5/13/19 11:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: @matt-likes-swords and @Phyrnna have selected the winners for the Epic Battle Fantasy Art and Music Contest!

This contest was a celebration of the 10 Year Anniversary of Epic Battle Fantasy on Newgrounds and the Epic Battle Fantasy 5 release on Steam. The winners below will each receive a (Windows only) Steam key for EBF5, EBF4, Bullet Heaven 2 and the EBF5 soundtrack.

Top 10 Art

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/marckello/ebf-obligatory-beach-scene
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/scepterdpinoy/epic-battle-fantasy-traveler
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/alh71509/treasure-hunt
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jessicakaka/moving-on-to-another-adventure
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sheebs/lancee
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/lesserpanda/pope-natalie
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kossza/anna-mighty-oak
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/invx-reisr/just-another-epic-battle-fantasy-fanart-i-guess
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hanna-diana-magic/epic-battle-fantasy-fanart
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/stargazer401/heaven-s-gate-of-babylon

Top 5 Music

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/860824
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/860389
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/860809
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/860673
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/859497

Thank you everyone who participated! Also be sure to check out the Epic Battle Fantasy Collab that @ronjaw organized as a surprise.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/730654

If you see Detective Pikachu this weekend, listen for @sonicmega as the Train PA System welcoming you to Ryme City and the Roundhouse Arena match result announcer!

This excites me way more than it should

Pico Day winners are up next; be sure to check out the Pico Day Art entries.

We were visited by the Hand Drawn Documentary crew this weekend and they interviewed some artists who were in town for Pico Day. Be sure to check our what they’re up to and follow @HandDrawnFilm on Twitter!

Those are awesome!

Congrats to all winners. Come have some fried chicken!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 13:21:43

At 5/14/19 06:23 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I'd think staff, or a selected panel of judges, are the ones who pick the winners there. For us regular mortals the voting period's infinite. :) Nothing mentioned about that in the first Pico Day post this year but that's the usual order.

I could be wrong, but I believe Tom said in another thread we might be seeing the Pico Day results by this Friday! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I know which ones I'd pick, let's see how much overlap there is :)

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 14:11:52

At 5/14/19 01:21 PM, GoodL wrote: I could be wrong, but I believe Tom said in another thread we might be seeing the Pico Day results by this Friday! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I know which ones I'd pick, let's see how much overlap there is :)

Nice! Looking forward to it if it is so. Seems unusually fast.

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 15:55:46

Fun day at pico day. Thanks for arranging it / inviting me. Most of the photos I got are on my twitter, pull as many as you need Ivan.

L

first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Epic Art Winners & Pico Day 2019-05-14 19:46:47

Great party overall. Loved seeing all of those NG faces in person again. Hoping we do it again next year!

Thanks again to @IvanAlmighty for all that he did for this year's Pico Day. The personalized NG dog tanks were a fantastic touch.

iu_26477_1658435.jpg

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature