00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weird genres you like making

890 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Weird genres you like making 2018-11-09 07:16:10

All of these weird genres of music always make me wonder about something:
Do you like making any weird genres of music? If so, what are they?

I don't just mean just like combining genres for a new genres. I also mean a genre that does not fit in with most of the other genres out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-09 18:37:02

Anything that resembles Ar tonelico music, which is kinda like a way-out-there blend of world, rock, orchestral and several things in between.

Coming up within the next month is going to be a crossfade of the things several friends and I have done, which will go along those lines.

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-10 08:13:36

Big Room

I'm pretty much the only person on Newgrounds who writes big room. (I get a lot of hate on those songs)

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-10 11:44:40

At 11/9/18 06:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Anything that resembles Ar tonelico music, which is kinda like a way-out-there blend of world, rock, orchestral and several things in between.

Coming up within the next month is going to be a crossfade of the things several friends and I have done, which will go along those lines.

Don't forget that the vocal style is heavily reminiscent of a Bulgarian women's choir, complete with weird time signatures and everything. That soundtrack is really out there.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-10 12:32:51

At 11/10/18 08:13 AM, Zophar wrote: Big Room

I'm pretty much the only person on Newgrounds who writes big room. (I get a lot of hate on those songs)

There used to be a someone who did write big room on NG, so I doubt very much you're the only one on record, but it's not often that we see it here.

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-10 12:34:43

At 11/10/18 11:44 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 11/9/18 06:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Anything that resembles Ar tonelico music, which is kinda like a way-out-there blend of world, rock, orchestral and several things in between.

Don't forget that the vocal style is heavily reminiscent of a Bulgarian women's choir, complete with weird time signatures and everything. That soundtrack is really out there.

Yes -- funnily enough, I got told that by a fair few doujin friends a few months ago. I'd probably go Enya and still think it fits. ^_^'

I wouldn't be surprised if there was room for math rock-type stuff within the OST or fan works, to be honest, I imagine it'd fit right in.

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-10 14:01:01

At 11/10/18 12:32 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 11/10/18 08:13 AM, Zophar wrote: Big Room

There used to be a someone who did write big room on NG, so I doubt very much you're the only one on record, but it's not often that we see it here.

Yeah you're right. But here a lot of people are into progressive house and dubstep.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

At 11/10/18 02:01 PM, Zophar wrote: a lot of people are into progressive house and dubstep.

Based on the experience I have, I find it a bit difficult to get into progressive house right away. It takes the right idea for me to get into it very well. I love making it regardless.

BBS Signature

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-11 16:11:02

Genre is a social construct. I make fusion of genres.

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-12 05:55:22

I do this Lofi/Breakbeat/Acid sound nowadays, I'm starting to bring my music back over the NG and it's an absolute bitch trying to figure out what genre to label my stuff as lol

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Weird genres you like making 2018-11-12 19:26:27

Psytrance. its weird but i like it.

Floating in space

BBS Signature