00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Silverstone2300 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Crowdfunding for elfen lied

725 Views | 18 Replies

Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:03:37

Hi guys, I wanted to make a elfen lied season 2 but I don't have the money to hire animators, music and voice actors for it. My goal was 10k.

Is anyone here willing to help pay for startup costs? I already have one artist in mind who might help me out. Anyone else willing to pitch in?

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:07:21

Elfen Lied was kinda meh, tbh. I've seen it, and it's not something I'd ever re-watch. Also, it had a crapload of unnecessary nudity and the romance between the two cousins made me really hecking uncomfortable. Why would that even need a second season?

"I'm not dabbing on my haters, I'm hiding my tears."

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:14:21

At 6/1/18 05:07 PM, Dancing-Ducki wrote: Elfen Lied was kinda meh, tbh. I've seen it, and it's not something I'd ever re-watch. Also, it had a crapload of unnecessary nudity and the romance between the two cousins made me really hecking uncomfortable. Why would that even need a second season?

My version has no nudity, no incest..... It's different from the original

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:16:27

I just researched it and its seems alright but its old though

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:16:32

At 6/1/18 05:09 PM, Sause wrote:
At 6/1/18 05:03 PM, Ever-After wrote: Hi guys, I wanted to make a elfen lied season 2 but I don't have the money to hire animators, music and voice actors for it. My goal was 10k.

Is anyone here willing to help pay for startup costs?
Sketchy and suspicious

I can show you pictures of what I have so far

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:24:47

At 6/1/18 05:16 PM, Kieran wrote: I just researched it and its seems alright but its old though

Okay, looks like I don't have any supporters..... :/ 5 dollars would be a great. Less doesn't matter

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:30:17

I haven't watched it in a long time, but it wasn't the series completely finished (where it's ending correlated with the manga's ending)? Also how would you be able to obtain the rights to create a season 2?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:39:33

At 6/1/18 05:30 PM, Oddlem wrote: I haven't watched it in a long time, but it wasn't the series completely finished (where it's ending correlated with the manga's ending)? Also how would you be able to obtain the rights to create a season 2?

It's a fan fiction creation. You know how people make animated spoofs of they're favorite cartoons? That's what I'm doing. Instead of 24 minutes I'm making it 16 minutes per mini episode. I'm trying to raise at least 10k because I need to hire animators, musicians and voice actors. I haven't even got the scipts in line yet....

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 17:45:55

At 6/1/18 05:14 PM, Ever-After wrote:

I would like to find this.

"I'm not dabbing on my haters, I'm hiding my tears."

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 18:02:38

Elfen Lied?

About what?!

I'll be here all night, folks

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 18:13:55

At 6/1/18 06:11 PM, Zymbot wrote: Isn't that, like, copyright protected?

I wanted to make something like this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yasKh7A0VyA&t=43s

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-01 18:24:38

Just read the manga.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-02 04:07:00

You'd have better luck making a Kick-Starter for this than asking on the hecking NG forums.

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-02 05:49:03

At 6/1/18 05:14 PM, Ever-After wrote:

Of course there's no incest, the little sister was positively beside herself.

At 6/1/18 05:30 PM, Oddlem wrote: I haven't watched it in a long time, but it wasn't the series completely finished (where it's ending correlated with the manga's ending)? Also how would you be able to obtain the rights to create a season 2?

No it didn't, you would know if you had read the manga.

With that said, the thread is pretty pointless.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-04 16:36:41

At 6/3/18 02:39 AM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: You should get a job, again

Yeah, that sounds great. I mean, I can be treated like an adult and I can wear more of what I want....

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-06 05:37:11

ok i will make elfen lied 2

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-06 18:09:03

At 6/6/18 05:37 AM, SpeedoSausage wrote: ok i will make elfen lied 2

I'm looking forward to this.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Crowdfunding for elfen lied 2018-06-06 19:26:10

Okay, we all know this thread was disingenuous. That wasn't really the reason you wanted a bunch of money, but nice try!

This is just online begging but you wanted a facade of legitimacy. And I'm not saying you wouldn't have tried to make something -- you probably would have tried -- but you probably would have given up or at the very least not given people their money's worth knowing how desperate for cash you are.

And it's not that I can't sympathize with you as times are tough and you gotta do what you can, but at the same time I'm gonna call 'em when I see 'em. I don't know why you quit your job that was so difficult to procure in the first place, but hopefully if you get another job you'll stick with it longer.

It's difficult for lots of people to find work these days, not just you. Yes there are literally hundreds or even sometimes thousands of people applying for just one single job, the vast majority of which will never even have their resumes looked over, let alone a chance for an interview, and of those who get interviews, most will not be awarded a job as there are more people looking for jobs than jobs available, and yes that is a real problem.

You somehow got a job, and it wasn't necessarily the best, but in these days you gotta be happy with what you can get and work from there. Next time do not give up so fast, if by chance you get another job. Yes even if it's shitty. Sometimes you gotta work through the shitty jobs before you can get the good jobs.

Only quit if they are breaking the law, abusing you, or similar. Simply it's not the ideal job or you don't like your hours or it's too hard are not good reasons to quit these days.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here