00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Pages & Updates!

38,685 Views | 234 Replies
Respond to this Topic

At 4/22/18 11:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/22/18 10:48 PM, vixiltynz wrote: You should get rid of the banners on the profiles. They are way too big and it's extremely obvious to anyone that the style was copied from twitter.
I agree with you, I am not a fan of the banners. It reminds me to much of Twitter. NewGrounds should stay classic and different from others websites.

Yes, it's standardised practice by now, but people like personalising their userpages, and the banners are a big opportunity to do so. Especially on a website that praises itself on the creativity of its users, it's a cool extra.

PS: @TomFulp, if you're looking for a way to collapse the menu, the free space the NG tank left next to the name (RIP) could be filled by a simple "toggle collapse" button.

BBS Signature

At 4/23/18 07:25 PM, test-object wrote: Stuff

Finally, here's a mockup for a more readable search bar, based on @Luis remarks here.
It mostly just adds a little padding, inner shadow and a lighter font.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 00:09:24

Woah.. been busy moving out of the place I've occupied for 8 years, and finally plop down at a computer and look at this.. looks great! Gotta get my computer set up soon, and get my profile all updated. Shii I mean, I should even make a new post or something lolz :( Gettin married in like 5 weeks, kinda a crazy time.

I'll always support you, Newgrounds. Thanks for everything, forever and always.

Karl

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 05:35:06

this site looks terrible now. it has no personality whatsoever and it's just a halfhearted attempt to replicate what twitter and facebook do. you guys even brought in the crappy emoji-react thing and brought back the userpage headers--except made them 10x more intrusive.

i figured you guys would hop on the mobile site bandwagon, but i figured given the previous redesigns that it'd at least look halfway decent. this is absolute garbage.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 07:34:43

At 4/24/18 12:09 AM, BlueHippo wrote: Woah.. been busy moving out of the place I've occupied for 8 years, and finally plop down at a computer and look at this.. looks great! Gotta get my computer set up soon, and get my profile all updated. Shii I mean, I should even make a new post or something lolz :( Gettin married in like 5 weeks, kinda a crazy time.

I'll always support you, Newgrounds. Thanks for everything, forever and always.

Karl

Congrats! You can make your wedding photo your user page header.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 07:42:19

At 4/23/18 05:24 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Oh, Tom, another question: why doesn't front-paged content count as trophies on our profiles? As in, the "Featured Movies" section. Only daily picks are listed.

That is something we need to address. More trophies are always better!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 10:22:51

I know this is knitpicking but the only issue I have is the header is a bit too big. Mainly just the height. When I load my page I'm only seeing my giant header and half my profile. Seems more like the header should be complimenting the profile up the top rather then be the focus on first load? and they have to scroll down, but maybe people with different monitors see it differently? Ill include a screenshot of what I see.

Just my small thing. Rest is great.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 15:03:45

At 4/22/18 06:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/22/18 03:30 PM, Druidtton wrote: I miss the old days when it would take 5-10 years to release a new layout and or chat :')
Always proud to have grown up along with newgrounds.
The updates are much quicker these days. Having grown up on NewGrounds, I know exactly what you mean.

I recall it taking about a couple of years and the chat also took years, but I still like posting more than a chat room.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 16:32:04

At 4/23/18 07:25 PM, test-object wrote:
At 4/22/18 11:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/22/18 10:48 PM, vixiltynz wrote: You should get rid of the banners on the profiles. They are way too big and it's extremely obvious to anyone that the style was copied from twitter.
I agree with you, I am not a fan of the banners. It reminds me to much of Twitter. NewGrounds should stay classic and different from others websites.
Yes, it's standardised practice by now, but people like personalising their userpages, and the banners are a big opportunity to do so. Especially on a website that praises itself on the creativity of its users, it's a cool extra.

PS: @TomFulp, if you're looking for a way to collapse the menu, the free space the NG tank left next to the name (RIP) could be filled by a simple "toggle collapse" button.

That'd actually make content pages accessible from Userpages too, wouldn't be intruding on the banners at all. It's nice having the content pages visible from FP/portals and keeps them view-able to newcomers, but this would be cool to have in the userpages if nowhere else.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-24 19:16:30

At 4/24/18 03:03 PM, rnaster wrote:
At 4/22/18 06:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/22/18 03:30 PM, Druidtton wrote: I miss the old days when it would take 5-10 years to release a new layout and or chat :')
The updates are much quicker these days. Having grown up on NewGrounds, I know exactly what you mean.
I recall it taking about a couple of years and the chat also took years, but I still like posting more than a chat room.

The chat system can be great for some, but there should be an update and way to advertise it to all.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-25 03:50:50

The numbers in the PM and Interaction icons are way too small - white numbers in a red field just doesn't have any good contrast either. Point size for the number should be as large as the text in the nav bar.

Speaking of the nav bar, could that font be any more boring? Is there a bold option at least?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

At 4/24/18 10:22 AM, Eggy wrote: but maybe people with different monitors see it differently?

I do see a bit further down, but I agree, bit much... though maybe it's not only the size but also the close-up image type that really makes it seem so big. Looking at my own page I don't get (as much) the same impression.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-25 16:28:43

At 4/25/18 03:50 AM, VicariousE wrote: The numbers in the PM and Interaction icons are way too small - white numbers in a red field just doesn't have any good contrast either. Point size for the number should be as large as the text in the nav bar.

Yes, the numbers could be larger and stand out more.

Speaking of the nav bar, could that font be any more boring? Is there a bold option at least?

Having different options could work out well. We will have to see if they add them.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-25 18:22:07

I have a suggestion for the new NG logo; I think the Tank should be next to it like the previous one.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-26 03:42:56

At 4/25/18 06:22 PM, FlowJoe wrote: I have a suggestion for the new NG logo; I think the Tank should be next to it like the previous one.

It could really use the Tank symbol next to it. NewGrounds does not feel the same without it.

BBS Signature

At 4/25/18 06:22 PM, FlowJoe wrote: I have a suggestion for the new NG logo; I think the Tank should be next to it like the previous one.

Would like that too. Can live without it but... twas so iconic!!! Gave the place a lot of personality too.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-26 14:19:32

This is all great, I love NG since it was space invaders navbar. What I just always felt bummed about was that when NG did the sweep to delete anything that included nudity and so on (which I understood as NG went mainstream), I just never understood why we had to lose the history of trophies. Why it couldn't have left the trophies just linked to something like "Removed page" or something. I asked this looong time ago in PM and you said at that time you guys were looking into it but eventually it was just left behind. It was a bummer, it sort of made one lose a little bit of that drive one had to make content. Today Im just a lurker around these parts, barely have time to open Paint let alone create anything flash based.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-26 18:52:23

At 4/26/18 07:01 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Would like that too. Can live without it but... twas so iconic!!! Gave the place a lot of personality too.

It would look great, but we can live without it, yes. They should fix the stats page, before fixing this issue.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-29 06:11:40

Love it!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-30 06:40:34

I hate this. New bar up top looks plain and uninspired. Same with the logo. Doesn't looks Newgroundsy at all. Even the tank guy is gone. You also removed all textures from the section headers and backgrounds on pages.

Did you just throw the excellent layout everyone loved in the trash for the sake of a few people on their Ipads? You could at least offer an option to switch back.

Where's the option to blam this?

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-05-01 19:24:56

There was a block list button that you could press when viewing a news post and the comments on your User page. Where did that go with the new update?

@PsychoGoldfish

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-05-12 03:42:59

nice I can change the text on my page to green, really not a fan of the orange color

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-05-13 22:47:41

At 5/12/18 03:42 AM, Dangerous-D wrote: nice I can change the text on my page to green, really not a fan of the orange color

The option to change color is amazing. If only it happened years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-07-16 14:01:32

At 7/16/18 01:37 PM, Quisty wrote: I think I just discovered an update to the layout of the "FRIENDS" page, or I am losing it...

You are correct! It's in the new layout now and loads a lot faster for people with lots of friends. It's also more user friendly in general and you can now set your "online" status to always "offline" via your account options page.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2021-11-16 18:42:13

New Games, from Macross, Police, and Crime/Gangs/Cowboy/Noir. New videos about Girl Sluts and Dorky Dudes too. Please.