00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Pages & Updates!

38,530 Views | 234 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-19 23:34:49

At 4/19/18 07:57 PM, rincewindxv wrote: Nice update, really digging the new look. One issue I'm having though is that since the site updated everything gets pushed down the page and the distance increases each time the window is expanded or reduced (see included image.) Not sure if this is a bug on my computer, my browser (Internet Explorer; it is all that I know,) or the site itself. If someone could give me some advice on what the issue is and how to deal with it I'd be extremely grateful.

For the love of God, please try another browser - Chrome or FireFox are both free and both run on Windows and Macs. Unless you are running on a business or school computer where you can't change the browser, these two are safe and easy to install. Internet Exploder is notorious for not fully supporting the nuances of HTML5, CSS3 and even some javascript functionality. You can have multiple browsers on your machine, so it's not like you'd lose IE. In fact, if you install either one of those other browsers, they will import all your favorites and links and (most) cookies so you won't have to start from scratch.

Try a different browser and see the difference - you won't be disappointed!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-19 23:56:21

Super bummed I didn't make it into the DBZ collab, but whatever.

Big ups for the NG update. @TomFulp, will the sidebars of the userpages have the wall art like other sections of the site? It looks really barren. If you've already answered this, feel free to ignore my post.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-19 23:56:35

At 4/19/18 11:34 PM, byteslinger wrote:
At 4/19/18 07:57 PM, rincewindxv wrote: Nice update, really digging the new look. One issue I'm having though is that since the site updated everything gets pushed down the page and the distance increases each time the window is expanded or reduced (see included image.) Not sure if this is a bug on my computer, my browser (Internet Explorer; it is all that I know,) or the site itself. If someone could give me some advice on what the issue is and how to deal with it I'd be extremely grateful.
For the love of God, please try another browser - Chrome or FireFox are both free and both run on Windows and Macs. Unless you are running on a business or school computer where you can't change the browser, these two are safe and easy to install. Internet Exploder is notorious for not fully supporting the nuances of HTML5, CSS3 and even some javascript functionality. You can have multiple browsers on your machine, so it's not like you'd lose IE. In fact, if you install either one of those other browsers, they will import all your favorites and links and (most) cookies so you won't have to start from scratch.

Try a different browser and see the difference - you won't be disappointed!

I do have Firefox on my computer but my antivirus program doesn't seem to work on it properly. Every time I use it my computer ends up having to deal with three or more different malware attacks and since I don't know how to fix the problem I just stick to what I know. The situation isn't ideal but it is at least tolerable. I don't use Chrome because Google owns enough of my soul as it is and I don't want to give them a majority share in it.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 00:33:38

Newgrounds looks splendid now!

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 00:33:54

I love it.

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 00:43:57

At 4/19/18 10:44 PM, MarlinTrix wrote: Jesus I hate it. I'm sorry I think it the front page and the userpage would be fine for mobile but the userpage was fucking PERFECT the way it was (or even more specifically the way it was like last year).

Dear God please put it back.

Can you change it back or can we find a compromise? The tiny black bar and no skeumorphism in the front ehhh

Having an option to go back to the old design is a good idea, that I mentioned already. I am still waiting to here the answer.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 01:12:35

FUCKING HYYYYYPPPPEEE

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 06:42:29

Love the new look!

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 07:11:07

At 4/19/18 11:56 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: Super bummed I didn't make it into the DBZ collab, but whatever.

Big ups for the NG update. @TomFulp, will the sidebars of the userpages have the wall art like other sections of the site? It looks really barren. If you've already answered this, feel free to ignore my post.

For now I’ll say user page skins have been an ongoing possibility but they are lower priority than a bunch of other updates.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 08:40:55

How come the notifications don't show the most recent activity first in the new notification feed? I keep having to go to the old layout to find out recent activity, i have this long ass friend request feed always on top and i cant minimize or hide it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 08:42:59

At 4/20/18 08:40 AM, Luis wrote: How come the notifications don't show the most recent activity first in the new notification feed? I keep having to go to the old layout to find out recent activity, i have this long ass friend request feed always on top and i cant minimize or hide it.

This way encourages you to make a decision on each one but we probably could do this better... If each request was chronological, people could still visit their friends page to view all pending requests in one place... Making note.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 11:34:19

This is many many Many cool

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 11:56:44

God, I have no idea what I'm doing now. Also, @TomFulp, seems I can't accept friend requests from my feed, either. Weird.

Also can't tell what my audio award is -- no rollover text. That's kind of annoying, since I didn't even know I had an audio award LOL.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 12:01:40

i prefere the old user pages

JoeVington

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 12:24:42

I really love the "react" icons-thing!

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 12:48:58

I find that the default/light-orange link text is the only one that has the proper contrast between clicked and un-clicked links.

The rest of the colors just look too similar.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 14:26:09

Excellent job on this update, everything looks slick. Keep up the great work; I'd love to see the same theme applied to all pages of the site (like this one)!

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 15:47:05

At 4/20/18 02:26 PM, GMR516 wrote: Excellent job on this update, everything looks slick. Keep up the great work; I'd love to see the same theme applied to all pages of the site (like this one)!

It will!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 16:19:24

At 4/19/18 01:02 PM, Tyler wrote: Im wondering if theres a way we could do something like... embed videos into unity or something and run them from a nice menu. Obviously not "unity" but just as an external example.

Yeah I miss those too! Everything was so simple with Flash (and still is)... though HTML5 seems like the one way you can do similar things now, just requires a little more work.

At 4/19/18 02:41 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote: it's gonna suck to have to make all those cool collabs/movies into mp4 when browser support drops in 2020

Hopefully a solution's come up before then, like a custom plugin to keep support, or functionality built into the site like a Flash Player via JS... considering how much awesome stuff there's still out there I really hope some knowledgeable people come up with something that works! I know a few projects like that are in the works , but so far there doesn't seem to be one that has it all figured...

At 4/19/18 02:36 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote: Once of the minor advantages to the cool new Userpages, P-Bot's newspost is relevant again! Much like my 2009 Calender, the old things come around to relevancy again.

For a moment there I thought new profiles were getting an initial P-Bot post on them to highlight some of the site features; introduce users to what they could do! XD Would've been cool, but probably pretty messy with all unused profiles spouting the same message... an introductory PM would be awesome though.

At 4/19/18 08:57 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: It's awesome! A huge step in the right direction. If only other sites listened as much as you guys do.

As long as they don't start we can start stealing more and more of their userbase though; become better and better and better and live on forever and ever and ever. ;)

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 18:54:40

Great job boys, some slick stuff you got here.
I feel like this is a great step forward, proud of you.

Well it's certainly going to take some getting used to... but with that said, I've still found the site very easy on the eyes and the new scheme looks polished. Haven't struggled to find anything. As a whole it's good, it's a pretty drastic change from the design I've gotten used to over the years but the internet has changed since Newgrounds was at its height in the 2000s. Already growing to like it.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-20 19:53:11

Lookin' pretty good. Got a few things missing here and there, and a few kinks, obviously, but all in good time.

Can't wait to watch the new collab.

[INSERT SMARMY TEXT HERE]

It's looking a lot more user-friendly and more inviting to potential newcomers. Awesome job, @PsychoGoldfish and Tom!

EDIT: A small graphical edit I did notice was to make the Upload buttons follow the same personalized color schemes. I do understand that the "rainbow" colors are still relevant on the front page (for now?), but looking at the very muted, seemingly random colors when clicking the upload button, made me think this could be a cool direction to head towards. Just a thought.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 02:49:48

I see we can upload banners again

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 03:59:45

Oh no! Where did all my art scouts go? :c I can't find scouts on user's art pages anymore!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 04:02:26

At 4/20/18 04:19 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/19/18 08:57 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: It's awesome! A huge step in the right direction. If only other sites listened as much as you guys do.
As long as they don't start we can start stealing more and more of their userbase though; become better and better and better and live on forever and ever and ever. ;)

Which website would you like to start with first? Are you talking about YouTube or Twitter?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

One more thing I noticed: medals on medals page/profile don't seem to match for me. Is the total earned on the main page maybe a count with deleted ones included somehow...? Or is this the real count, and the other one lacking? The first count (by the trophy info) shows 8,201, yet in the medals section it's 7,748.

If that really does account for deleted ones as well that'd be awesome though, it'd be great to have them listed even if they don't count for points, just a bit confusing with two different numbers and no differentiation thereof!

Another thing that's bugging me a bit: in the 'from your favorites' feed there's no direct link to a newspost. Responding directly via the feed's a cool finesse, but sometimes you want to link to it, save it for later or just open it up and see it in its own context. Maybe the title could link to the post? Or the username link in these cases be a direct post link instead of one just to that users profile?

Also having the response box pop-up over the message in the feed makes it hard to respond as you're reading.

At 4/21/18 03:59 AM, Cymbourine wrote: Oh no! Where did all my art scouts go? :c I can't find scouts on user's art pages anymore!

They definitely still exist but don't seem to be listed right now. Hopefully that's coming back too...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 04:09:48

At 4/21/18 04:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which website would you like to start with first? Are you talking about YouTube or Twitter?

That post was referring to Soundcloud, but any one place is a good place to fetch some more users from. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 04:18:01

Awesome updates

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to New User Pages & Updates! 2018-04-21 06:55:23

At 4/21/18 03:59 AM, Cymbourine wrote: Oh no! Where did all my art scouts go? :c I can't find scouts on user's art pages anymore!

This is something we gotta get back in there.

BBS Signature