00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cementtt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctors Discussing Trump

538 Views | 10 Replies

Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-11 20:11:45

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of doctor's comment on Trump's mental state. Many have contributed to an apparent book that's set to come out about it.
... Am I the only one who thinks that this violated the Goldwater Rule or the APA code of Ethics?

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-12 00:48:55

Yeah, it's not a good idea to break the Gildwater rule, if for anything else because it'll bit Democrats in the ass later when they take office again. On the other hand, he should definitely be evaluated so that we can get an on-the-record assurance that he doesn't have dementia (or anything else, for that matter). He does act like a psycho in public, making questions on his mental health valid.

Hey, get a neutral doctor's report saying his mental health isn't compromised and I'll join in and defend him with y'all, but until then the public has every right to think however they want 'bout him. But yeah, the Goldwater rule should still be respected.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-12 10:48:46

At 1/12/18 12:48 AM, Gario wrote: Yeah, it's not a good idea to break the Gildwater rule, if for anything else because it'll bit Democrats in the ass later when they take office again. On the other hand, he should definitely be evaluated so that we can get an on-the-record assurance that he doesn't have dementia (or anything else, for that matter). He does act like a psycho in public, making questions on his mental health valid.

Hey, get a neutral doctor's report saying his mental health isn't compromised and I'll join in and defend him with y'all, but until then the public has every right to think however they want 'bout him. But yeah, the Goldwater rule should still be respected.

I have no issue with that at all. In fact, given the strain of the job, I think each president should undergo a psychiatric evaluation each year they're in the presidency.

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-12 13:08:07

I think the only reason those doctors are exempt from this is because it doesnt take a medical professional to realize he's completely out of it.

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-13 00:07:39

At 1/12/18 01:08 PM, FunkyBeat wrote: I think the only reason those doctors are exempt from this is because it doesnt take a medical professional to realize he's completely out of it.

The thing is, doctors shouldn't be coming into politics making assertions about a particular public figure, if they haven't examined him personally. It's fine for you and me to speculate, but that's what OP is saying.

We've already pointed out ethics and journalists don't go together though, so I won't be surprised if they moon over this bs like it's the living end. As usual, it's just the left attempting to character assassinate. First it was Russian "collusion," and then it was bigotry, and now it's "oh, well all of the above didn't work, so now we think he's nuts." So, he's a codgery old bastard. How long ago were people wanting to elect Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton, when Bernie is old af and Clinton was collapsing, shaking, had to have special glasses, etc.

But this thread is about doctors discussing Trump, not Trump, and I don't have much else to say other than thinking this is in general a bunch of sensationalist crap.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-14 23:33:20

For the most part they should keep to the Goldwater Rule, but they also have the responsibility to speak up if they think someone is a danger to themselves or others. The fact is they are not saying anything that isn't obvious. Anyone can tell the guy is a narcissist, petty and vindictive, a habitual liar, who forgets things he said the previous day by contradicting (and in some cases incriminating) himself. People like that are unstable; and no one knows what they are capable of doing because they are predictable unpredictable. People want a strong, stable, leader, not some one who wants to act tough while having Twitter meltdowns, and inflaming delicate situations, while expecting to get their way like some third world dictator. Trump is unstable, unhinged, and that's not by design. He's no Ronald Reagan, who scared the shit out of the Russians - though he did suffer dementia later in his presidency. Trump is a clear exception.

I think it's very important to test the mental stability of any candidate that runs for president, especially if they clearly exhibit text book mental disorders.

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-15 11:13:48

At 1/12/18 10:48 AM, StCyril wrote: I have no issue with that at all. In fact, given the strain of the job, I think each president should undergo a psychiatric evaluation each year they're in the presidency.

I agree, we already require him to undergo a physical each year and have the results publicly disclosed. However I'd be more of a fan of a president undergoing neurological diagnosis. Since that's really what we're talking about with Trump these days for the most part, whether he has a degenerative neurological disease (dimensia, or alzheimers). Psychology is different and there are also differences in clinical approaches to such things. I think a neurologist would be much more useful then a psychiatrist (and given different approaches and methodology, I'd think we might want to have a panel of psychiatrists).

The Goldwater Rule did tend to be a good idea, as does the ethics governing psychiatry and medicine....but those things also evolved from changing criteria and circumstance. Trump is an unprecedented and unorthodox President, he is also our oldest ever elected and I think even his most ardent supporters would have to allow some of his behavior to be erratic, and some of his judgements questionable. We the people are owed that someone with as much power as Trump possesses as POTUS is fit enough to wield it.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-15 11:50:51

At 1/11/18 08:11 PM, StCyril wrote: Recently, I've been seeing a lot of doctor's comment on Trump's mental state. Many have contributed to an apparent book that's set to come out about it.
... Am I the only one who thinks that this violated the Goldwater Rule or the APA code of Ethics?

its the violation against propaganda

im so horny but thats ok my will is good

BBS Signature

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-15 12:40:34 (edited 2018-01-15 12:42:08)

Interesting. Apparently, one of the doctors that diagnosed Trump as a narcissist also claimed the same about Obama. While Obama does have some narcissism there is no comparison between him and Trump's. Trump is his own brand's name.

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-15 12:47:44

At 1/15/18 12:40 PM, EdyKel wrote: Interesting. Apparently, one of the doctors that diagnosed Trump as a narcissist also claimed the same about Obama. While Obama does have some narcissism there is no comparison between him and Trump's. Trump is his own brand's name.

made in america

im so horny but thats ok my will is good

BBS Signature

Response to Doctors Discussing Trump 2018-01-18 14:59:49

At 1/17/18 03:33 PM, Sause wrote:
I repeat, trying to figure other people out is maddening. Don’t do that to yourself.

Especially a man like Trump, playing people is a negotiation tactic. These doctors are being very unprofessional.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."