00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MicPix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola?

978 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-06 21:46:35

There's this sweet romance for viola here on NG. It's a lovely slow ballad in C# minor, has a crazy dissonant development section. It's super emotional and would sound cool on real instruments! If anyone want's to take a crack at it, I'll provide the sheet music. Thanks for reading.

I've been a member WAY too long... but now I write classical music! Check me out! k thx bye ;)

BBS Signature

Soundchris does but he's not on NG anymore.

I can do orchestra mockup if you want.

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-06 22:37:17

wait i think @jessieyun0404 play strings, not sure if violin or cello.

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-06 23:13:40

At 12/6/17 10:35 PM, I0TA wrote: Soundchris does but he's not on NG anymore.

I can do orchestra mockup if you want.

Thanks I0TA. However, this isn't an orchestra just a viola and piano. The intracacies of string playing like finger noise and the scraping/attack of the bow can't be simulated all that well. All things that make the viola it's own character.

I've been a member WAY too long... but now I write classical music! Check me out! k thx bye ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-07 02:04:37

At 12/6/17 10:37 PM, I0TA wrote: wait i think @jessieyun0404 play strings, not sure if violin or cello.

Sorry! I play volin.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-07 08:02:17

@Xtrullor plays the violin as well, if I remember correctly. There should be an entire list, in my forum signature (click the image), of who plays what.

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-07 10:33:25

Awesome! Troisnyx, I forget that your the Newgrounds champion of music sometimes. Jessie, thatnks for responding. So, I'll set up a sheet music page for anyone interested and post that here soon. I could rearrange it for violin too.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-07 10:55:28

Okay, so here's the page! I'll add part scores and create a meaningful violin transcription. Will upload that audio here on Newgrounds as well.

Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola?

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone Here Play Violin or Viola? 2017-12-07 11:49:03

At 12/7/17 10:55 AM, Tyguy80s wrote: Okay, so here's the page! I'll add part scores and create a meaningful violin transcription. Will upload that audio here on Newgrounds as well.

Done. I'll stop trolling now and just wait for this thread to evolve on it's own. Thanks for reading,

BBS Signature