00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Turd of the week

539 Views | 12 Replies

Turd of the week 2017-11-15 22:11:59

Anone else kinda miss that? I actually think some of my favorite movies happened to be Turd of the Week from many moons ago.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-15 22:15:41

I won't lie, I've gotten a kick outta quite a few TOTW flashes.
Sometimes they were garbage, but sometimes they were perfect garbage, if that makes sense.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-15 22:25:02

At 11/15/17 10:15 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I won't lie, I've gotten a kick outta quite a few TOTW flashes.
Sometimes they were garbage, but sometimes they were perfect garbage, if that makes sense.

They try so hard to be a turd that they're not actually a turd.

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 00:03:24

I always felt like Stamper nailed it completely when he talked about why the staff got rid of it.

Turd of the week

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 00:45:33

Some of the more hilarious flashes I've seen were turds of the week. It was always nice going in with low expectations and knowing it would be half-arsed terrible production. Anything that made you laugh was a bonus. Just hope that anyone who ever got that trophy wasn't taking it too seriously.

Also it would've been funny if I got turd of the week for my cartoon which addresses a very faecal matter...

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 01:38:46

Fun fact: Xiao Xiao 6 is one of the highest-rated "turds of the week"

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 02:38:29

At 11/16/17 12:03 AM, ZJ wrote: I always felt like Stamper nailed it completely when he talked about why the staff got rid of it.

I dunno man with the crap we've been getting on the front page I think we need this as an alternitive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 09:33:15

At 11/16/17 01:38 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Fun fact: Xiao Xiao 6 is one of the highest-rated "turds of the week"

Deep cut there.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 10:10:02 (edited 2017-11-16 10:10:51)

At 11/15/17 10:11 PM, Wegra wrote: Anone else kinda miss that? I actually think some of my favorite movies happened to be Turd of the Week from many moons ago.

TOTW was suppose to be a flash that was so bad it was good in some sense.

However, in the hayday of newgrounds when TOTW was made public and people TRIED to get it, it was a huge pain to deal with on the portal side and review side.

There are literally wiki's on how people got TOTW, most of which was either switching files after it has passed or voting on own submissions. (Not going to public name the groups, but we all know who they were)

And every week, (at least for the review mod stand point), we had to deal with the usual .....
"zomg, how did this pass"
"blam this shit"
"you dick, this isn't same flash"

Only been a few genuine turds that were funny comparatively, but how it is now is perfect.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 23:15:25

It was amusing at first when people actually legit got it. However when those spam groups began fighting over it and purposely up voting everything else while down voting their stuff just to get this award the humor went down the toilet.

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 23:16:46

At 11/16/17 11:15 PM, LittleWashu wrote: It was amusing at first when people actually legit got it. However when those spam groups began fighting over it and purposely up voting everything else while down voting their stuff just to get this award the humor went down the toilet.

Playing Devils Advocate but honestly the stuff I see these day aint much better than the usual turd of the week movie

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 23:21:11

At 11/16/17 11:16 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 11/16/17 11:15 PM, LittleWashu wrote: It was amusing at first when people actually legit got it. However when those spam groups began fighting over it and purposely up voting everything else while down voting their stuff just to get this award the humor went down the toilet.
Playing Devils Advocate but honestly the stuff I see these day aint much better than the usual turd of the week movie

while you have a point unlike back then we don't have spam groups massvoting things to get Turd of week or people purposely getting shit flagged so they are out of the running.

To be honest though thanks to the 1 vote per account on a flash rule, as well as unpublishing as opposed to old whistle system it is much harder to actually abuse the system to get Turd of the week.

Response to Turd of the week 2017-11-16 23:25:22

At 11/16/17 11:21 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 11/16/17 11:16 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 11/16/17 11:15 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
To be honest though thanks to the 1 vote per account on a flash rule, as well as unpublishing as opposed to old whistle system it is much harder to actually abuse the system to get Turd of the week.

Hmmm I suppose thats a good point. I guess that was kind of for the best huh?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature