00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I was unjustly arrested!

1,570 Views | 34 Replies

I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 16:13:44

So I'm doing just awful right now. I was smoking weed like any other day with my friend, and, you know, hustin' a bit on the side. But right, on my way home I witnessed a car accident. I sat and watched it because it was pretty cool (lol some guy arguing with another. both of them looked like they were gonna deck the other.) Lo and behold the cops eventually show up. I try to walk away but I get heralded over by the fucking pig cop. So he starts questioning me, then suddenly accuses me of smelling like weed, They search me, finding the quarter pound of harmless marijuana in my back pocket.

How can they arrest me for doing nothing wrong? This is just cruelty. I answered all their questions and was a perfectly innocent bystander. I am going to sue the shit out of them for wrongful imprisonment.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 17:24:44

I feel like your civil rights were violated.

You should fight this.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 18:24:48

Good to have ya back buddy.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 18:27:03

Sounds like the cop was in a lawful interaction with you (potential witness to the car wreck), and then lawfully searched you (probable cause from the smell). You can try to hire a lawyer, but my guess is the fine will be far less than court costs and lawyer fees, plus lost pay if you have to miss work.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 22:53:20

Good for you kid, want a pat in the back?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-24 22:59:34

If you don't want to be arrested, don't do illegal drugs in the first place. Sooner or later in the span of a persons life, they get busted. Move to Colorado bro. Or some other pot head legal state.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 09:01:40

I feel your right to carry a quarter pound of marijuana was unlawfully violated, you should definitely pursue a course of action to throw that fascist cop in jail.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 09:26:06 (edited 2017-10-25 09:26:20)

At 10/24/17 10:59 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: If you don't want to be arrested, don't do illegal drugs in the first place.

This, though I don't think weed should be illegal. Seems to just make it more profitable for the real criminals. I will say when I smoked pot, I gradually got really freaking stupid, and now that I've quit, my memory is still a little ... off. Never really helped me any. Made me depressed and apathetic all the time, and I started behaving like a junkie.

I'd say the cop was well within his rights to arrest OP. Sorry bud. But am hoping nothing more comes of it. Be more careful!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 17:38:07

At 10/25/17 09:26 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/24/17 10:59 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
This, though I don't think weed should be illegal. Seems to just make it more profitable for the real criminals. I will say when I smoked pot, I gradually got really freaking stupid, and now that I've quit, my memory is still a little ... off. Never really helped me any. Made me depressed and apathetic all the time, and I started behaving like a junkie.

I'd say the cop was well within his rights to arrest OP. Sorry bud. But am hoping nothing more comes of it. Be more careful!

IMO weed is fine. But you need to prepare the fact you might get caught. OP Complaining about is seems silly to me.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 18:12:57

At 10/24/17 04:13 PM, Spedmallet wrote: How can they arrest me for doing nothing wrong? This is just cruelty. I answered all their questions and was a perfectly innocent bystander. I am going to sue the shit out of them for wrongful imprisonment.

There's always a way!

I was unjustly arrested!

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 22:10:11

Let’s review this, shall we?

A cop responding to a car crash with two people fighting while you gawk instead of leaving.

You had a quarter pound of marijuana in your back pocket, way beyond personal use for anyone, even for Snoop Dogg.

Then he smells marijuana on you, and uses probable cause to find said weed on your person arresting you.

You bitch, piss and moan expecting sympathy from us for your stupidity, when you should’ve know better.

You really have nothing to stand on here, it’s your own damn fault for not obeying the law and ignorance is no excuse, and is often a detriment considering that you KNOW better than this. The cop was in the right in all this, and trying to fight him in court is wasting your time and money.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-25 22:31:21

2nd sentence has "smoking weed" in it... I'm dying laughing.

I missed this.

I'm here on a limited engagement. Enjoy it while you can...

I'm here on a second limited engagement. Enjoy it while you can...

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-30 23:38:56

At 10/24/17 04:28 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Both guys in the accident would've went their separate ways too if someone had said that.
The cars would've completely understood it was just a prank and fixed themselves.

oh no you're right, there is no such thing as having more than one cop at any time and place, and towing trucks do not exist.

At 10/24/17 10:59 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: If you don't want to be arrested, don't do illegal drugs in the first place. Sooner or later in the span of a persons life, they get busted. Move to Colorado bro. Or some other pot head legal state.

oh gimmie a break lad weed is legal in a lot of places and the laws against them are draconian

At 10/25/17 10:10 PM, orangebomb wrote: You had a quarter pound of marijuana in your back pocket, way beyond personal use for anyone, even for Snoop Dogg.

It's for my job, I sell it to help pay my child support.

Then he smells marijuana on you, and uses probable cause to find said weed on your person arresting you.

He had no right to sniff me or search me. It is a violation of my civil rights

The cop was in the right in all this, and trying to fight him in court is wasting your time and money.

no he wasn't retard he's a glorified gang member looking to extort money for his crime syndicate at the expense of my rights.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 00:02:43

At 10/25/17 10:29 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: Smoking weed is a victimless crime...

Just about, apart from their poor stomachs afterwards

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 00:23:41

At 10/30/17 11:38 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
You had a quarter pound of marijuana in your back pocket, way beyond personal use for anyone, even for Snoop Dogg.
It's for my job, I sell it to help pay my child support.

Perhaps you should go legit and get a real job, then. Regardless of whether you think weed should be legal or not, selling it on the streets is a bad idea, though I doubt that you care.

He had no right to sniff me or search me. It is a violation of my civil rights

What part of PROBABLE CAUSE do you not understand? Oh, and don’t use that civil rights defense bullshit, especially when you probably don’t know what that is.

The cop was in the right in all this, and trying to fight him in court is wasting your time and money.
no he wasn't retard he's a glorified gang member looking to extort money for his crime syndicate at the expense of my rights.

Keep digging a deeper hole for yourself there. The fact that you had a controlled substance on you that is way beyond personal use means that you either are that ignorant, stupid or both. I don’t care if you do respond, but this isn’t a debate and you’re are in the wrong. Grow up, quit your bitching and give a damn about your life choices.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 01:11:32

it's not your civil right to carry a quarter pound of weed on you, or to sell it. do you know what the phrase "against the law" means? do you understand why you were arrested? i'm having a hard time believing you're this stupid, OP, but i've seen crazier things.

I was unjustly arrested!

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 01:17:35

Seriously, what did you fucking expect?

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 06:10:37

At 10/31/17 12:23 AM, orangebomb wrote: Keep digging a deeper hole for yourself there. The fact that you had a controlled substance on you that is way beyond personal use means that you either are that ignorant, stupid or both. I don’t care if you do respond, but this isn’t a debate and you’re are in the wrong. Grow up, quit your bitching and give a damn about your life choices.

I don't think so pal. What you think I should just give up in the face of extortion? I don't think so. Sheeple like you are why these scumbags get away with it.

At 10/31/17 01:11 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: it's not your civil right to carry a quarter pound of weed on you

but it IS my right to not be searched without them having actual physical proof and without me having committed a crime. It is not ok to just randomly search someone.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 11:27:14

You willingly broke the municipal, state and federal laws by smoking weed. What do you expect?

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 11:45:02

At 10/31/17 06:10 AM, Spedmallet wrote: but it IS my right to not be searched without them having actual physical proof and without me having committed a crime. It is not ok to just randomly search someone.

If a detection dog's nose can warrant a check, a human's nose is valid too. You basically advertised that you were around a fuckton of weed by not keeping that quarter pound in an airtight container like those latched jars (which aren't expensive) and wearing fresh clothes.

You probably know this now, but for anyone else who doesn't know, you can't just walk away from a car collision especially when cops are on the scene. The cops are going to track down witnesses to testify as to what happened. Ya should've fucked off the moment that shit went down.

Honestly you sound like an amateur dealer at best.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 11:55:20

At 10/24/17 05:24 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I feel like your civil rights were violated.

You should fight this.

or move to greener pastures (aka not USA)

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-10-31 17:26:40

At 10/31/17 11:55 AM, Loki wrote:
At 10/24/17 05:24 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: I feel like your civil rights were violated.

You should fight this.
or move to greener pastures (aka not USA)

I would recomend the Netherlands

We are living like kings, and these days will last forever.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-01 07:04:00

At 10/31/17 11:45 AM, TailsPrower wrote: If a detection dog's nose can warrant a check, a human's nose is valid too.

That's only in airports

You basically advertised that you were around a fuckton of weed by not keeping that quarter pound in an airtight container like those latched jars (which aren't expensive) and wearing fresh clothes.

Honestly the only solid argument I've seen so far. Still though, it doesn't justify my rights being violated.

You probably know this now, but for anyone else who doesn't know, you can't just walk away from a car collision especially when cops are on the scene. The cops are going to track down witnesses to testify as to what happened. Ya should've fucked off the moment that shit went down.

Shit was funny tho

Honestly you sound like an amateur dealer at best.

yo come on don't crimp my game

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-01 10:39:22

At 10/31/17 05:26 PM, GXFICH wrote:
At 10/31/17 11:55 AM, Loki wrote: or move to greener pastures (aka not USA)

Ahhahahaha, no.

I would recomend the Netherlands

You know the funniest thing about this is that marijuana is technically illegal in The Netherlands (though enforcement is very weak) outside of coffee shops. Marijuana may be illegal on a federal level in America, but it’s legal in various states. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-01 13:59:02

I hope you don't go to jail for five years.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-01 14:18:12

Maybe the cops set up this fake crash just so they could investigate the area for local drug dealers who were likely to be watching???

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-01 18:15:41

At 11/1/17 10:39 AM, orangebomb wrote: You know the funniest thing about this is that marijuana is technically illegal in The Netherlands (though enforcement is very weak) outside of coffee shops. Marijuana may be illegal on a federal level in America, but it’s legal in various states. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Yeah well I'm sure Netherlands doesn't have America's draconian Nixon-Era drugs laws. Not to mention their cops probably won't arrest and jail you over a late parking ticket fee. I bet their prisoners are even treated like people.

At 11/1/17 01:59 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote: I hope you don't go to jail for five years.

Thank you man. I've found a decent lawyer who assures me the case is 99.9% solid and that I'm near guaranteed to win. I have to pay him in full first though.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-02 07:43:21

At 11/1/17 02:18 PM, Chat-man wrote: Maybe the cops set up this fake crash just so they could investigate the area for local drug dealers who were likely to be watching???

fking cops are crazy enough to do that lad

they'll stop at nothing for their extortion money

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-02 14:19:28

At 11/1/17 06:15 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Thank you man. I've found a decent lawyer who assures me the case is 99.9% solid and that I'm near guaranteed to win. I have to pay him in full first though.

Let us know how that works out

We are living like kings, and these days will last forever.

Response to I was unjustly arrested! 2017-11-02 15:14:11

lifes not fair and it sucks

BBS Signature