00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorites & Follows Overhauled

11,361 Views | 72 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-20 08:36:51

At 2/19/17 04:18 PM, LunacyOfficial wrote:
At 2/19/17 02:00 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Ever since this update I've been having a lot more troubles with favouriting submissions, most of the time i get errors. Any one got any solutions or something that I could try?
I had the same thing, so I pm tomfulp and he said that they were fixing it.

Everything should be fixed at the moment, try clearing your browser cache since that has been an issue.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-20 20:40:59

Oh man, I liked being able to adjust my favourites. That kind of sucks, to be honest

Everything else sounds great though

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-20 22:04:51

At 2/20/17 08:29 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/19/17 02:00 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Ever since this update I've been having a lot more troubles with favouriting submissions, most of the time i get errors. Any one got any solutions or something that I could try?
Try clearing your browser cache and let me know if you still get errors.

Seems to be Art Portal specific for me, I'm still getting errors when I try to favourite any art. But everything else is working fine!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-21 08:51:20

At 2/20/17 10:04 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Seems to be Art Portal specific for me, I'm still getting errors when I try to favourite any art. But everything else is working fine!

Oh yeah, I'm seeing that too. Gave Goldfish the heads up.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-21 10:05:42

At 2/16/17 12:54 PM, EDM364 wrote: For reference, the code that NG newspost editor hates is:
<iframe frameborder="0" scale="tofit" height="800px" style="overflow-x:hidden;max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ArbitraryWall/videos/embed"></iframe>

Is that the embed code you were given? Where exactly was that generated? From what we're seeing, MS provides width and height in their embed code so just checking to see if that was edited or if they have a spot that doesn't.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-21 16:47:54

At 2/21/17 08:51 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/20/17 10:04 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Seems to be Art Portal specific for me, I'm still getting errors when I try to favourite any art. But everything else is working fine!
Oh yeah, I'm seeing that too. Gave Goldfish the heads up.

Alright problem seems to be fixed, no more errors when I favourite art :)

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-21 21:27:40

At 2/21/17 10:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Is that the embed code you were given? Where exactly was that generated? From what we're seeing, MS provides width and height in their embed code so just checking to see if that was edited or if they have a spot that doesn't.

This was the exact code I copied off of my Game DVR page, yeah. Instead of a px, it has a width %. That much I remember. So the code works in the editor itself fine and looks good, but it won't submit due to the newspost's html checker essentially seeing it as broken.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-22 15:31:38

Was it intentional to now make it impossible to remove fans from your account?

I really don't like having people follow me if they're simply doing it because they're the sort that follow everyone, and temporarily blocking a user no longer removes him from the list. Yes, I did make sure to check the "Following you" box. It doesn't do anything.

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-22 16:21:15

At 2/22/17 03:31 PM, Phronemophobia wrote: Was it intentional to now make it impossible to remove fans from your account?

I really don't like having people follow me if they're simply doing it because they're the sort that follow everyone, and temporarily blocking a user no longer removes him from the list. Yes, I did make sure to check the "Following you" box. It doesn't do anything.

Looking into this now, that likely isn't addressed at the moment in the new system.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-23 10:17:36

Not sure if this is the right place for other suggestions, but seeing as it is related to this update, I thought I might as well post it here.

Although it is great to be able to see my own favorites, I might not want everyone else to see what my favorites are on my user page. It would be great if we were able to hide certain sections on our user page from the public, as I find that some things tend to clutter up my user page a bit (including favorites and medals). Would a toggle feature like this be possible to implement? Right now, all we can do is change the order of the boxes and hide stuff by 'unfavoriting' things.

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-23 11:25:06

At 2/23/17 10:17 AM, EagleGuard wrote: Not sure if this is the right place for other suggestions, but seeing as it is related to this update, I thought I might as well post it here.

Although it is great to be able to see my own favorites, I might not want everyone else to see what my favorites are on my user page. It would be great if we were able to hide certain sections on our user page from the public, as I find that some things tend to clutter up my user page a bit (including favorites and medals). Would a toggle feature like this be possible to implement? Right now, all we can do is change the order of the boxes and hide stuff by 'unfavoriting' things.

The ability to hide specific categories on the user page has been on the wishlist for a while now. Maybe we can address some of that when we overhaul user pages... I know the ability to hide medals has probably been the most requested, I think in particular when someone is using their user page as a portfolio they don't want to show prospective clients all the medals they've been earning.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-24 10:36:20

At 2/21/17 09:27 PM, EDM364 wrote: This was the exact code I copied off of my Game DVR page, yeah. Instead of a px, it has a width %. That much I remember. So the code works in the editor itself fine and looks good, but it won't submit due to the newspost's html checker essentially seeing it as broken.

They actually have some bad formatting in their embed code but @liljim just pushed an update that should make it work - can you try it again now and let me know if it all works out?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorites & Follows Overhauled 2017-02-25 04:22:39

At 2/24/17 10:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: They actually have some bad formatting in their embed code but @liljim just pushed an update that should make it work - can you try it again now and let me know if it all works out?

Does work. Not pretty, but functional enough I can take a few cracks and find what looks pretty with NG's format, and should be a lot more convenient for people to share their DVRs now. I may just rewrite a prettier code and make a little instructable. Thanks!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature