00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most you spent on a game

5,329 Views | 92 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-10-08 03:03:42

At 9/29/17 06:21 PM, sharpnova wrote: $60 like anyone with a brain.

Which game did you buy?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-10-08 03:46:53

At 10/8/17 03:03 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Which game did you buy?

Games with basically essential co-op that can't be pirated without losing out on major content.

Blizzard games in general, Portal 2, etc.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-10-30 07:58:54

£60 on Breath of the Wild.

Mostly because I didn't pre-order til a week before. By then, the only place that had it in stock was Nintendo's official store. Which is cool, it came with a t-shirt and arrived bang on release day! So I didn't mind.

I worked out that, on average, I spend about £5 a game. Through steam sales and whatnot. This is an average too; I do occasionally buy games on release and season passes, etc.
So yes. PC gaming is very cheap.

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-11-27 21:36:18

probably more than 120 on overwatch lootboxes

fuck those things

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-11-27 22:37:57

I think I spent $70-$80 on Pokemon Moon. I got it near the start of the year and I haven't even started playing it yet lmao

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-11-28 01:14:18

I've never spent more than $50 on a game, mainly because I always buy them used if I can.

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-11-28 08:10:20

At 2/2/17 09:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What is the highest price you have ever spent on a video game? Why was the price so high?

Probably Zelda Twiligth princess.I bought it on ebay for 50 euros.

Drink coffee.

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-12-06 12:41:05

At 12/2/17 01:37 PM, QuietThunder wrote: 60 dollars but not a penny more.

Which game did you buy? Was it worth the price?

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-12-27 14:42:31

At 12/26/17 01:07 PM, CountNumbers wrote: Bought my mate Zelda BOTW for 70.

You are a really nice friend. Spending so much on a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-12-27 18:12:26

At 2/7/17 08:53 PM, DarkMage2020 wrote:
At 2/2/17 09:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What is the highest price you have ever spent on a video game? Why was the price so high?
I spent $250 on cs:go.

Why!?

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-12-27 18:13:51

At 10/8/17 03:46 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 10/8/17 03:03 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Which game did you buy?
Games with basically essential co-op that can't be pirated without losing out on major content.

Blizzard games in general, Portal 2, etc.

I like portal 2 and mainly splitscreen games.

Response to Most you spent on a game 2017-12-29 12:17:07

I bought Final Fantasy IX back in 2000, the price was the equivalent of around $110 today. I think that was the highest I ever payed for a game (I usually wait until games get much cheaper). And worst of all, it wasn't even worth the money, as IX is a shitty game!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-02 12:04:37

Pre-steam: Around £50
Post-steam: £10
I love steam sales

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-05 02:37:49

At 1/2/18 12:04 PM, kw12 wrote: Pre-steam: Around £50
I love steam sales

Steam sales are great. Which games did you get?

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-05 06:25:54

Yeah it will be somewhere in the range of 60-80 and that might be the average for a lot of folks.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-05 10:29:03

$100 for a complete-in-box copy of Secret of Mana, which was a really dumb purchase. I mean, it's a cool collectible and the box art looks good on display with my collection, but that was a moment of weakness on my part and no one should spend that much on any used game. Just buy a reproduction cart and box if you want a physical copy that bad.

If you include ad-ons to a game and on top of the initial purchase I probably put at least $100 into Rock Band 2 DLC on top of the initial cost of a game and a set of instruments which probably ended up being $300-400 by the time I stopped playing and buying content

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-05 18:17:30

At 1/5/18 10:29 AM, Jercurpac wrote: $100 for a complete-in-box copy of Secret of Mana, which was a really dumb purchase. I mean, it's a cool collectible and the box art looks good on display with my collection, but that was a moment of weakness on my part and no one should spend that much on any used game. Just buy a reproduction cart and box if you want a physical copy that bad.

That is an amazing game, I remember it having so many boss fights. If you like, than it was worth the money.

If you include ad-ons to a game and on top of the initial purchase I probably put at least $100 into Rock Band 2 DLC on top of the initial cost of a game and a set of instruments which probably ended up being $300-400 by the time I stopped playing and buying content

Those music games can be expensive. They really should not charge so much for new songs. That just seems very underhanded. That is probably one of the reasons that I never really go intro them.

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-05 21:14:16

At 1/5/18 06:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/5/18 10:29 AM, Jercurpac wrote: $100 for a complete-in-box copy of Secret of Mana, which was a really dumb purchase. I mean, it's a cool collectible and the box art looks good on display with my collection, but that was a moment of weakness on my part and no one should spend that much on any used game. Just buy a reproduction cart and box if you want a physical copy that bad.
That is an amazing game, I remember it having so many boss fights. If you like, than it was worth the money.

No, there's no reason to spend that much on a game that's pretty much a display piece. The retro market has gotten stupidly overpriced. I remember GameStop used to sell NES and SNES games for almost nothing out of a big bin when I was in high school and now every thing that's not a sports game has at least tripled in price. Considering that most games worth playing have easily accessible ports or can be easily downloaded and played with near perfect emulation there's no need to pay that much. I freely admit I was an idiot for paying that much.

Those music games can be expensive. They really should not charge so much for new songs. That just seems very underhanded. That is probably one of the reasons that I never really go intro them.

$1.99 isn't terrible considering a chunk of that goes into licensing the songs on top of making the charts for all the instruments and getting it through Microsoft and Sony's certification. It's generally $.99 to buy a song off iTunes so how much more would be fair for a playable version? Why is $100 fine for a twenty year old game you enjoy and $1.99 not fine for DLC you enjoy?

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-06 02:26:44

At 1/5/18 09:14 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 1/5/18 06:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/5/18 10:29 AM, Jercurpac wrote: $100 for a complete-in-box copy of Secret of Mana, which was a really dumb purchase.
No, there's no reason to spend that much on a game that's pretty much a display piece. The retro market has gotten stupidly overpriced. I remember GameStop used to sell NES and SNES games for almost nothing out of a big bin when I was in high school and now every thing that's not a sports game has at least tripled in price. I freely admit I was an idiot for paying that much.

When you break it down, the price was too high. I agree with you. Who knows how high the prices could raise in the future.

If you include ad-ons to a game and on top of the initial purchase I probably put at least $100 into Rock Band 2 DLC probably ended up being $300-400 by the time I stopped playing and buying content
$1.99 isn't terrible considering a chunk of that goes into licensing the songs on top of making the charts for all the instruments and getting it through Microsoft and Sony's certification. It's generally $.99 to buy a song off iTunes so how much more would be fair for a playable version? Why is $100 fine for a twenty year old game you enjoy and $1.99 not fine for DLC you enjoy?

Well, it is your money. You can spend it anyway that you like.

I must admit that I prefer a physical copy of a game over a digital one.

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-06 07:00:35

At 1/5/18 02:37 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/2/18 12:04 PM, kw12 wrote: Pre-steam: Around £50
I love steam sales

In one of the Steam sales a couple years ago, don't remember exactly which, I bought Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, CS:GO and CS Source for around £15 total. Played hundreds of hours of each, it's great but at the same time it's ruined full price games for me because I expect the same value out of everything lol.
And that's not even mentioning TF2 and Paladins which I got for free.

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-06 16:53:30

At 1/6/18 02:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/5/18 09:14 PM, Jercurpac wrote: $1.99 isn't terrible considering a chunk of that goes into licensing the songs on top of making the charts for all the instruments and getting it through Microsoft and Sony's certification. It's generally $.99 to buy a song off iTunes so how much more would be fair for a playable version? Why is $100 fine for a twenty year old game you enjoy and $1.99 not fine for DLC you enjoy?
Well, it is your money. You can spend it anyway that you like.

I must admit that I prefer a physical copy of a game over a digital one.

No. Bad DoctorStrongbad. Bad. I grace your thread with my presence and I don't expect evasive pseudo-bump for reply. Now I asked you question, considering that there's a profit split between the developer, the artist, and the sales platform, and there are inherent costs in developing, testing, and certifying any piece of add-on content what's a fair price for a single song in Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-07 18:30:48

At 1/6/18 07:00 AM, kw12 wrote:
At 1/5/18 02:37 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/2/18 12:04 PM, kw12 wrote: I love steam sales
In one of the Steam sales a couple years ago, don't remember exactly which, I bought Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, CS:GO and CS Source for around £15 total. Played hundreds of hours of each, it's great but at the same time it's ruined full price games for me because I expect the same value out of everything lol.
And that's not even mentioning TF2 and Paladins which I got for free.

All those games for that price is amazing. I can understand why you would never want to buy a game at full price again. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-11 04:18:13

$60. Because it was new and untorrentable.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-01-11 10:34:52

I don't get how people can spend more than 60 $ without getting a huge game-changing expansion pack. Damn microtransacions in modern games!

SpotifyYouTubeDiscordBandcampTwitterFacebook

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-03-31 23:52:32

I bought Destiny for $60 and after buying DLC and such I think it ended up costing me about $120. I refuse to buy the sequel in fear of spending too much money and time doing the same thing over and over again.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-04-01 00:30:51

At 4/1/18 12:03 AM, Entice wrote: I pre-ordered RAGE and got the special pre-order edition or some shit.
I remember it being like $90 which is a lot for me to spend on a game.
I've never been more disappointed in my life.
Fuck you ID Software.
What the hell happened to you?

$90 for RAGE is crazy! I spent I think $15 on it and I was pissed about that.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-04-01 00:39:21

At 4/1/18 12:36 AM, Entice wrote: I can't find any info about the original price online, but it was definitely in the ballpark.
I pre-ordered it through Gamestop as soon as I possibly could.
It's $9 on Steam now, lmao.

From $90 to $9. Wow. I remember when Duke Nukem Forever came out I went to one of my local GameStops to buy it the first week out. For some reason a pre-owned copy was $10 even though the new game was still $60. Almost makes it alright how shit it was.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-04-04 14:33:43

At 4/1/18 12:39 AM, Atlas wrote:
From $90 to $9. Wow. I remember when Duke Nukem Forever came out I went to one of my local GameStops to buy it the first week out. For some reason a pre-owned copy was $10 even though the new game was still $60. Almost makes it alright how shit it was.

I remember the Duke Nukem scam. They made you wait around a decade and keep collecting money in pre-sales, than they delivered such a let down. It was utter rubbish.

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-04-04 14:35:38 (edited 2018-04-04 14:35:54)

At 4/4/18 02:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I remember the Duke Nukem scam. They made you wait around a decade and keep collecting money in pre-sales, than they delivered such a let down. It was utter rubbish.

Yeah it was pretty shit. Like I said, the only reason I'm alright with buying it is I somehow got it $50 off during its first week of release. I'll never understand how I got it so low at that time, but I sure am glad I did.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Most you spent on a game 2018-04-04 14:49:10

At 4/4/18 02:35 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 4/4/18 02:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I remember the Duke Nukem scam. They made you wait around a decade and keep collecting money in pre-sales, than they delivered such a let down. It was utter rubbish.
Yeah it was pretty shit. Like I said, the only reason I'm alright with buying it is I somehow got it $50 off during its first week of release. I'll never understand how I got it so low at that time, but I sure am glad I did.

I totally agree with you. Not only was it shit, but they hyped it for so long. It seemed like it would never be released. You were lucky to get such a great discount.

BBS Signature