00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

agagaty just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Voice Actors (Paid)

1,193 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-05 15:17:20

Project Description: I'm working on a small Virtual Reality game project. It's designed to be a psychological horror inspired from the Masterpiece Silent Hill 2 (though it's just being worked on by myself and would never come close to the level of genius behind such a classic). Here is a preview of a couple scenes in the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smf52ko6x49owum/Preview%20Video.mp4?dl=0

I need several Voice Actors for the game and am posting here. This is a paid project, it will eventually be marketed and sold and so I am more than willing to pay people who join the project a percentage of the revenue if it makes a profit or standard VA payments that can be negotiated. So far, I'm the only coder, modeler and designer. I've written the story, the scenes and spend the majority of my time working on this and treat it very seriously and so would hope those who apply also treat it seriously.

If you require more information about the project before joining then email me at adamleon97@gmail.com or add me on skype at adamleon97

Roles: Right now I'm looking to fill several roles and am looking for something somewhat specific.

Bryan Grey: The Character Bryan Grey is the main male protagonist. Most would describe him as dull and dry but would more accurately be expressed as the embodiment of apathy. He seems to always be unsatisfied and generally introspective.

What I am looking for in this Character: I would prefer to have a voice actor between the age of 18-24 who has had a past of depression, introspection and can shift between attitudes with ease. Someone who can go from a "Not a problem, I'll have something on your desk by tomorrow morning." and then to a "Do you take me for an idiot? We both know what you're trying to do and I would highly recommend you to absolutely adjust your attitude before you continue any further." I want the voice actor to have realistic portrayals of the character and I have found in past experiences of working on projects that it's best to have VA's who share something significant with the character.

What I am not looking for in this Character: Someone who speaks slowly, drags out sentences, adds unnecessary sighs and groaning. Bryan Gray isn't to be regarded as a brooding loser, he is intimidating yet bland, unemotional yet easy to anger. He is a powerful character and so when he is reduced to panic, fear and disaster it becomes far more impacting for the player. These conversations are supposed to feel real and subtle, nothing overly dramatic or "Hollywood". These are real characters with lives, hopes, dreams, fears, angers and pasts.

Mary Liefde/ M.A.R.I: The Character Mary Liefde and M.A.R.I. both play a vital role in the story and will be voiced by the same voice actress.

M.A.R.I. is the Manifested Augmented Reality Intelligence designed and created by Bryan Grey. M.A.R.I.'s purpose is
solely to be an assistant to Bryan Grey and renders an augmented reality body that can only be seen through the assistance of A.R. Devices. She is a complex A.I. that borders on omniscience with her ability to see through traffic cameras, internet search abilities and any device connected to Wi-fi. However, being an advanced AI assitant, she is incredibly 2-dimensional usually defaulting to only 3 different emotions. the first one being bright and happy, the second being concerned and parental and the last one being emotionless and factual.

This is the opening sequence in the Project. These scene transitions from the Main Menu (The Garage) and then into a Dream Sequence (the Playground). An Audio snippet of Mary Liefde and M.A.R.I. is provided to assist the Male Voice Actor in matching the Tone of the setting.

Scenes: The Player is standing in the Abandoned Playground, as he takes his first steps forward, the player notices the roundabout to his left begins turning slowly as audio from the direction of the roundabout begins playing.
Mary Liefde: "Why are you so intent on bringing up such painful memories?"
Bryan Grey: "They're the ones that keep me up at night... I just want to be able to sleep again."
Mary Liefde: "So would I."
(Silence)
Scene: The Seesaws begin moving up and down as the player begins approaching closer which continues to trigger more audio now seemingly coming from the direction of the seesaws to the Player's right.
Mary Liefde: *Sighs* "It feels like Blue Tuesdays. The Dancers aren't as radiant as they used to be."
Bryan Grey: "I know what you mean..."
Mary Liefde: "Do you think I'm crazy?"
Bryan Grey: "Sometimes..."
(Silence)
Scene: As the player gets to the middle of the playground, the swings begin swinging slowly as the audio changes and begins to sound angry and argumentative.
Mary Liefde: (Scoffs) "You're always dreaming. The world isn't as black and white as you so wish it to be!"
Bryan Grey: "I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying that these decisions... it's not as easy for me as it is for you!"
Mary Liefde: "Easy? It's never been easy! Wake up, Bryan! Look around you! The World doesn't care about us! Wake up! Wake up, wake up, wake up!"
Scene: Audio gets increasingly louder as Mary continues saying "Wake up."
(Scene fades in from white)
M.A.R.I: "Wake up, Mr Grey! It's morning! Wake up, Mr Grey!"
Bryan Grey: "I'm up. I'm up."
Scene: Bryan Grey wakes up in his bedroom which is decorated dully and seemingly empty of anything hinting emotional attachment.
M.A.R.I.: "Good morning, Mr Grey!"
Bryan Grey: (Dryly) "Good morning. Mary."
M.A.R.I.: "I would advise you to get dressed quickly, I have calculated for today's traffic patterns
and due to a sharp decrease of visibility in reference to the unanticipated density of the city-wide fog
there is a 46.72 percent chance that you will arrive late today."
Bryan Grey: "What's the time?"
M.A.R.I.: "7:17 Ante Meridiem"
Bryan Grey: "Traffic Density?"
M.A.R.I.: "Pessimal!"
Bryan Grey: "Great."

Deadline: I'm hoping to find Voice Actors who are reliable enough to be consistent with their work. the deadline to apply for this role will be a week.

Email me at adamleon7@gmail.com, PM me on my newgrounds account or add me on skype at adamleon97 to apply.

Response to Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-06 08:14:04

Hi,

Sounds interesting example of my work can be found below:

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-07 00:30:34

I've just sent you an e-mail with my audition. Thank you again for the opportunity!

Response to Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-07 01:21:54

I just recently did a voice for a fan mod for fallout. I hope it will serve adequate as my tryout to be in your game!

Response to Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-07 21:20:45

Here's my Demo Reel. Hope I have a voice you'd like to use.

Voice Actor for hire!

Check me out: My Website

Response to Looking for Voice Actors (Paid) 2017-01-09 22:11:05

I can help you out there