00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

littlefoot970 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "Official" Trump thread.

126,340 Views | 2,331 Replies

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-19 21:13:16

At 7/17/17 07:46 PM, LordJaric wrote:
At 7/17/17 04:38 PM, PilotCman wrote: Have yet to see any "crimes" commited, all in all it still shows the left is nothing but a bunch of unhinged loons.
Accepting help from a foreign national for an election is a crime.

Which never happened at all. Even if you take all the trump jr nonsense at face value there wasn't anything that applies to what you posted.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-19 21:14:34

At 8/1/17 05:58 PM, DubstepJoltik wrote: I'd definitely prefer Clinton over Trump. I don't care if she's a criminal, she's better than him.

Also, I kinda hate how people never even acknowledge how evil Trump's vice, Mike Pence, is. He's honestly worse than Trump, which is REALLY saying something.

I love pence, he's actually a real conservative.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-19 22:45:18

At 8/19/17 09:08 PM, SuperKooter wrote:
At 8/15/17 03:47 PM, EdyKel wrote: Looks like the Trump admin is at it again, demanding the personnel information of those critical of the administration. This time they are going after a private web hosting company, seeking information on protestors at the Trump inauguration.

In separate News, the Trump admin decided to cut funding to fight the radicalization of people by Neo Nazi groups.
There isn't a big problem with "Radical white supremacists" in this country. I'm more concerned with groups like Blacklivesmatter.

LOL. Yes, there is. They are almost on par with Muslim terrorists, but, for some reason, Muslims get a lot more media attention. And this doesn't even touch upon the annual hate crimes numbers committed by white racists. And While there may have been blacks that used BLM as an excuse to riot, they have not lead to a lot of actual deaths.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-19 23:53:06

At 8/19/17 09:08 PM, SuperKooter wrote: There isn't a big problem with "Radical white supremacists" in this country. I'm more concerned with groups like Blacklivesmatter.

i'm more concerned of computer users that don't know about copy & paste

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-20 05:18:56

At 8/19/17 09:06 PM, SuperKooter wrote:
At 8/17/17 08:36 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Turns out Trump DOES know how to quickly and strongly condemn someone who drives a vehicle into a crowd of people...
You see the guy in VA wasn't a terrorism contrary to what the alt-left likes to scream. He was a person who snapped and went crazy when a Lefty threw a brick at his car.

Where did you source this snippet about throwing bricks from?

Apart from attempting to validate a murder, you're choosing to believe that the alt-right are the victims in any given scenario.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-20 22:52:28

At 8/20/17 08:42 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkD7c2D6H0

Your evidence is a grainy still from a youtube video? WEAK. The resolution is so bad, you can't see any damage, let alone any damage that indicates he was bricks, AND most of all, you can't see anything that would make us think he rammed the car for any reason other than he was targetting those protesting white supremacy.

I'll call it terrorism, but i'm not going to pretend these protest are peaceful because they aren't, and never are.

Many sides. Many sides.

You're so into your false equivalency, you're willing to defend neo-nazis and their ilk, at least indirectly. EVEN IF protestors were throwing rocks and being neligerent, the white supremacists showed up with clubs (which conveniently had the hand area blocked so no finger pringts) and shields. The white supremacists came to start a fight and they can't deflect because they got the fight they were looking for.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-20 23:37:05

At 8/20/17 08:42 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 8/20/17 05:18 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/19/17 09:06 PM, SuperKooter wrote:
At 8/17/17 08:36 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Turns out Trump DOES know how to quickly and strongly condemn someone who drives a vehicle into a crowd of people...
You see the guy in VA wasn't a terrorism contrary to what the alt-left likes to scream. He was a person who snapped and went crazy when a Lefty threw a brick at his car.
Where did you source this snippet about throwing bricks from?

Apart from attempting to validate a murder, you're choosing to believe that the alt-right are the victims in any given scenario.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkD7c2D6H0

He probably came to that conclusion because the car was already damaged before it ran into the crowd. It was a minor pain in my ass to pause this video about a half a second in to get a good look at the dent. Might have been a brick, could have been a large rock, or one of the many many bats that people brought.

I'll call it terrorism, but i'm not going to pretend these protest are peaceful because they aren't, and never are.

Also throwing bricks and rocks is nothing new for these events, explosives were thrown as well in past events. I don't agree with the other users opinion, and agree that it can be counted as terrorism since the definition of terrorism is "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Maybe you should defend the British soldiers in the Boston massacre of 1770, who were pelted with rocks and frozen horsehit, after a bunch of half drunk colonist joined in the dispute over the price of a wig, and started taunting the soldiers to "fire" at them. Only a couple of them were killed, but the British soldiers were justified to use extreme violence, right?

You just don't know when to stop.

At 8/19/17 09:14 PM, SuperKooter wrote: I love pence, he's actually a real conservative.

Hi, welcome to the section. Could you do me a favor there? Could you condense your ideas into one or two posts instead of 5 one sentence posts? It's really annoying for people posting here, for for me as the guy who created the thread and gets his box blown up with notifications because you're doing in 5 posts what you could do in one or two. Just a house keeping thing, please and thank you.

There isn't a big problem with "Radical white supremacists" in this country. I'm more concerned with groups like Blacklivesmatter.

There is actually a pretty MASSIVE problem with radical white supremacy. Right wing violence DWARFS left wing violence: According to the Anti-Defamation League, right-wing extremists committed 74% of the 372 politically motivated murders recorded between 2007-2016. Radical Lefties are responsible for less then 2%. This doesn't even touch the rise in hate crimes against minorities since Trump took office, it's clear there IS a problem and the President, who ran on a race baiting, white nationalist campaign has inflamed these guys and made them feel like they've now got permission to act up. Unfortunately for them so far all signs point to they've misread the room and their actions now will actually damage, if not destroy their cause for the foreseeable future.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-21 15:36:02

At 8/20/17 11:52 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 8/20/17 10:52 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 8/20/17 08:42 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkD7c2D6H0
Your evidence is a grainy still from a youtube video? WEAK. The resolution is so bad, you can't see any damage,
The damage is pretty visible on the screen cap i provided.

There is no discernible damage that can be seen in that low res image. I know that you are taken in by rumors of damage done to his car by protestors from the conservative media ,as an explanation for what set him off - effectively blaming the protestors for why it all happened - but you have no concrete proof other than wishful thinking.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-21 21:45:52

Looks like Trump is breaking another campaign promise as he ratchets up war in Afghanistan to get rid of the Talaban and ISIS - which is not going to make his former White House advisor, Steve Bannon, happy. Besides his speech being short on details, I don't think he convinced many of his supporters that this is the right course of action, after they voted for him to withdraw from Afghanistan, and other foreign wars. Besides committing more resources to that country, he's now made it an indefinite war, by getting rid of the time table. If he thinks that the war is going to go smoothly, now that he is president, and in control, he's going to be disappointed just like the Russian, Bush, and Obama.

At 8/21/17 09:45 PM, EdyKel wrote: Looks like Trump is breaking another campaign promise as he ratchets up war in Afghanistan to get rid of the Talaban and ISIS - which is not going to make his former White House advisor, Steve Bannon, happy.

Troop surge isn't good, but it was (slightly) better than his other option: hiring the Blackwater mercenary army to take over. This means he did what an average Republican or Democrat would do, which still isn't good, but it seems no one wants the political ramification of having Afghanistan fall to Al Queda once we leave.

Should we let it fall to Al Queda? There's no stopping it, really - rip that band-aid now rather than kick the bucket down the road, but no one it willing to do it.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

At 8/21/17 11:10 PM, Gario wrote:
At 8/21/17 09:45 PM, EdyKel wrote: Looks like Trump is breaking another campaign promise as he ratchets up war in Afghanistan to get rid of the Talaban and ISIS - which is not going to make his former White House advisor, Steve Bannon, happy.
Troop surge isn't good, but it was (slightly) better than his other option: hiring the Blackwater mercenary army to take over. This means he did what an average Republican or Democrat would do, which still isn't good, but it seems no one wants the political ramification of having Afghanistan fall to Al Queda once we leave.

Should we let it fall to Al Queda? There's no stopping it, really - rip that band-aid now rather than kick the bucket down the road, but no one it willing to do it.

Actually, he still could hire Blackwater. What I took away from his speech is that he's going to be more secretive over his wartime strategies, by not announcing them to the enemy, which could also be interpreted as the mainstream media as well. His speech was full of vagueness. So who knows.

I'm not very optimistic about the future of Afghanistan either, not with Trump at the helm. He may get results, with an increase in forces there, and a blackout of information on how the campaign is going, to avoid attention and scrutiny from the public; but I think his reckless nature will only set up the next generation of the Taliban, who won't forgive the US, or the Afghan government, for the deaths of people close to them, and like a cycle, attempt to plunge to the country back into a nesting place of crime and terrorism, where it might bite us in the ass again down the road.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-23 12:45:28

Today is definitely the clearest its ever been that Trump is not made for office, not because he's republican or right-leaning or because he looked at the solar eclipse without eye protection (like me and thousands of others apparently) but because hes a genuine maniac. He flat out declared at the Pheonix rally that he wants to shut down NAFTA, and that he will shut down the federal government of all things if his fucking wall isnt built. Even for leveraging, this is seriously low, so low that I refuse to believe he isnt doing this just to get kicked out faster.

Having been learning about some areas where the wall will be built also makes it sound like an extravagant waste of money since all you see is nothing but endless dirt and desert, unless Trumps talking about a long fence and barbed wire aint no way that will be done.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-23 15:15:15

At 8/23/17 12:45 PM, FunkyBeat wrote: Today is definitely the clearest its ever been that Trump is not made for office, not because he's republican or right-leaning or because he looked at the solar eclipse without eye protection (like me and thousands of others apparently) but because hes a genuine maniac. He flat out declared at the Pheonix rally that he wants to shut down NAFTA, and that he will shut down the federal government of all things if his fucking wall isnt built. Even for leveraging, this is seriously low, so low that I refuse to believe he isnt doing this just to get kicked out faster.

Having been learning about some areas where the wall will be built also makes it sound like an extravagant waste of money since all you see is nothing but endless dirt and desert, unless Trumps talking about a long fence and barbed wire aint no way that will be done.

It's not the first time Republicans have shut down government over budget, but it usually hurts them more, and doesn't change anything. They have learned it's a bad bargaining chip. So, Trump is only going to make things worse for himself, and be blamed for it just to a minority of people. But congress can override him on it, so his threats are pretty hollow. It might make the budget more balanced, as Republicans will need the Democrats to help them to do that, if Trump gets in the way.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-26 00:12:26

Every time I look at the news it seems like someone from the Trump admin is is either resigning or forced out.

Aside From Steve Bannon being ousted, a couple of White House aids quit after the Charlotsvillle incident, including, most notably, the aid who scoured mainstream news sites for positive stories on the Trump administration, and then presented them to other officials there - so they can use them as talking points and put them in a rumored dossier for Trump.

The other notable resignation is that of Hungarian, British born, antisemitic, Advisor to Trump, Sebastian Gorka. I'm so glad this shit is out, because I'm tired of always seeing his fucking mug just sleaze his way around interviews with a hardline, fanatical, stance that would bring a tear to Hitler's eye. Pure trash.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-26 02:04:03

...in other news, Trump has pardoned Arpaio, who has run concentration camps in Arizona (his words) and has a long history of profiling Mexicans in this state despite being told by higher powers to stop. WTF!

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-08-29 15:36:55

Another casualty in the Trump admin. This time, Trump fired an aid because of the small crowd size at the Phoenix, Arizona, rally. If there is one thing that pisses off Trump, it's small crowd sizes. Not enough people to bask in his glory.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-07 18:07:17

At 9/7/17 05:53 PM, Sause wrote: If you are ever forced to say something good about Trump you could say he has done well so far for the Texans and Louisianans affected by Steve Harvey.

There's probably a factor that he's aware of like not helping out would make him look like a huge dick in the midst of the poor view on him, but at least he's doing something. I'm genuinely confused by how much of a wildcard, this is getting off topic but he got rid of DACA recently calling it "one of the most heartbreaking decisions ever", yet apparently he's telling people not to give up hope and that congress will work on a fix.

I wonder if he just wants things like Obamacare and DACA "fixed" by keeping their current incarnations and just renaming them into Trump's Obamacare and Trump's DACA.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-07 21:24:14

At 9/7/17 06:07 PM, FunkyBeat wrote:
At 9/7/17 05:53 PM, Sause wrote: If you are ever forced to say something good about Trump you could say he has done well so far for the Texans and Louisianans affected by Steve Harvey.
There's probably a factor that he's aware of like not helping out would make him look like a huge dick in the midst of the poor view on him, but at least he's doing something. I'm genuinely confused by how much of a wildcard, this is getting off topic but he got rid of DACA recently calling it "one of the most heartbreaking decisions ever", yet apparently he's telling people not to give up hope and that congress will work on a fix.

I wonder if he just wants things like Obamacare and DACA "fixed" by keeping their current incarnations and just renaming them into Trump's Obamacare and Trump's DACA.

It's hard to know what goes through his mind, or what state of mind he is in - because of his eradicate personality, where he can act presidential one day and a manic the next. I think the stress of the job is getting to him, and he is in way over his head, because he doesn't understand how government works, and chafes at the restrictions of his office. He might have been swept into office using divisive and bombastic rhetoric on the campaign trail, but now that he is there, facing the harsh reality of it, he's finding that his campaign promises were easier said than done, as they now face a wall of his own making.

I don't think he really cared if Republicans replaced Obamacare with something even worse, as long as something passed, which is not good policy. As for DACA, I believe that house minority leader, Nancy Pelosie, suggest he do something about it, which promoted him to kick it to congress, which has already caused havoc to their schedule. So, now there whole schedule is messed up, with no chance to pass tax reform this year, which would be another loss for Trump, who promised that it would get done.

So, it's not so much that he is bringing these issues to the public attention, and bringing congress together to address them, but that they have no choice, because Trump is not leading them, but is causing all this chaos where they have to work to fix the damage he may create if they don't. It's more of a reaction, and general self preservation, which leads them to work together to survive, rather than any deep thought out plan by Trump. Trump has divided this country with his actions, and is someone very concerned about how people perceive him, because his name is his brand, and his brand is what has helped to make him wealthy and well known. The idea that he would sacrifice himself, with historically ow approval ratings, and be known as one of the worst presidents in the history of the country is something he would not do.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-10 02:13:54

At 9/8/17 01:25 PM, Sause wrote: Two scoops returns

that's a tasty power move

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-14 15:28:51

Trump is working with democrats in regards to DACA and man are some republicans shocked. I wont be shocked if hes only doing this to he loved like he probably wanted to be as a president of the US though, he'll probably also use "funding the border wall" as a bargaining chip or threat for negotations from here on out on something that wont materialize.

At 9/19/17 12:11 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: another tweet makes the news again because it's not like we have hurricanes to worry about or anything.

Funny thing is, 100% agree here. His tweet showing him golf into Hillary is childish and stupid, but it ain't newsworthy, and for God's sake it isn't "promoting violence against women". He's done bad things to women, but this isn't the hill to die on for this.

By the way, another Cat 5 storm incoming to Puerto Rico, we proposed shooting down NK rockets, and the Senate just agree'd to spending $700b more on military (only 8 senators against the bill) and are now sending 3000 more troops to Afghanistan. These last two rather large points haven't even been in the news cycle, as far as I'm aware.

But yes, the Hillary gif equivalent to the Chuck Norris deadshot meme is worth our undivided attention.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-20 15:49:39

At 9/19/17 09:48 PM, Gario wrote:
At 9/19/17 12:11 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: another tweet makes the news again because it's not like we have hurricanes to worry about or anything.
Funny thing is, 100% agree here. His tweet showing him golf into Hillary is childish and stupid, but it ain't newsworthy, and for God's sake it isn't "promoting violence against women". He's done bad things to women, but this isn't the hill to die on for this.

By the way, another Cat 5 storm incoming to Puerto Rico, we proposed shooting down NK rockets, and the Senate just agree'd to spending $700b more on military (only 8 senators against the bill) and are now sending 3000 more troops to Afghanistan. These last two rather large points haven't even been in the news cycle, as far as I'm aware.

But yes, the Hillary gif equivalent to the Chuck Norris deadshot meme is worth our undivided attention.

Every time I go to yahoo news (they posts articles from other news sites) they are always posting a ton of articles about Game of Thrones, always, even after the season finale several weeks ago. Or they are posting what Melinda Trump is wearing, or some sob story, or what some celebrity said.... And don't get me started on what Fox News posts...

Oh, by the way, I guess there was a pretty powerful earthquake in Mexico the other day that killed over 200 people, but I guess that wasn't really that important by how few articles were posted on Yahoo about it.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-20 22:36:54

At 9/20/17 03:49 PM, EdyKel wrote: Oh, by the way, I guess there was a pretty powerful earthquake in Mexico the other day that killed over 200 people, but I guess that wasn't really that important by how few articles were posted on Yahoo about it.

Considering that there has been few Yahoo articles about drug cartel violence in Mexico, seismic activity isn't exactly going to move the meter unless it happens in a first-world nation, (I.E. Japan) if that. Sadly, while most Americans view Mexican culture as hot shit, (tacos, luchadores etc.) Mexico is viewed as a charity case on the best of days.

In all this, I would imagine that Trump in his blissful worldview would use the earthquake as a bargaining chip to Mexico, Trump would probably think that in exchange for relief aid, you'll pay for the border wall as I asked you to do. Of course, I doubt that even he wouldn't be that cold-hearted, but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if he sinks to that level.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-21 21:15:28

There's also the fact that like it or not, he's the POTUS, things he says matter. They have meaning, they are dissected by the world, and they have consequences whether or immediately apparent or not. That's why it's well past time somebody take away his ability to just say whatever pops into his head without thinking about "is this a good idea or not?"

Also, the news is capable of handling these two competing things at once....they just usually do it badly.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

I disagreed with Colin Kaepernick when he kneeled for the national anthem, but now when Trump went after NFL players as a whole for them to be fired for any sort of anthem protests, sons of bitches and so on, I don't blame if they kneeled during the games and speak out against him as they should. This isn't the first time he tangled with the NFL, (and sports in general) and it blew up in his face the last time with the USFL, can't imagine it would be any different this time.

Link I know it's a Yahoo! article, take it what you will.

Off the record, I'm not one to believe in curses/hexes and what have you, but these comments made by Mike Brown really does make it out to be that the Bengals are cursed as long as he is still the owner.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-24 21:18:24

At 9/24/17 08:44 PM, Sause wrote: I know one thing though, the NFL is losing it's stature as the American sport. Ticket sales, ratings, viewership, attendance, general interest: all down, down, down. And has been for about 2 years now.

Ehh, not quite. The NFL for all its foibles and lack of reaction on things like domestic violence, concussions and what have you, it's still the most popular thing on TV by far, just look at preseason numbers as an example. You also need to take things like cord cutting into account, which skews the numbers.

There has been a slow and steady drain on the entertainment industry for a while. Some speculate that it has to do with Hollywood Elitism culture saturating the film industry, and I'm inclined to agree.

The ironic thing in that statement is that Trump used the entertainment elitism to get where he is now, and now the entertainment industry (or some of the more vocal ones at least) are going after Trump. This is quite commonplace for Hollywood to mock leaders, and doubly so with Trump and his childish behavior, and even then it hasn't stopped people from going to movies, games and so on.

The only unanswered question is, where are people going for their entertainment now? That part needs some debate. I mean, if you're an average person, you have a pie chart of where your money goes, with one slice being "entertainment". And humans don't just say "Y'know what I'm okay with being bored" they seek alternatives.

I highly doubt that peoples' (read: Trump supporters) entertainment is going to change that much just because Trump is being mocked or questioned relentlessly, no matter how much he tweets about TV ratings and calls people "sons of bitches." for kneeling or locking arms together during the national anthem.

In all this, we shouldn't let Trump drive wedges between people anymore, and we need to remind ourselves of this if we want to keep Trump in check.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-24 21:55:47

At 9/24/17 08:41 PM, orangebomb wrote: I disagreed with Colin Kaepernick when he kneeled for the national anthem, but now when Trump went after NFL players as a whole for them to be fired for any sort of anthem protests, sons of bitches and so on, I don't blame if they kneeled during the games and speak out against him as they should. This isn't the first time he tangled with the NFL, (and sports in general) and it blew up in his face the last time with the USFL, can't imagine it would be any different this time.

That's how I feel to. Trump is just trying to add kerosene on the fire, to further divide the county, to see positive articles about him from far right sites, like the Breibart Report, who approve of his actions, which placate and boost his ego.

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-25 21:54:54

At 9/25/17 04:26 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: yes quite stadiums have never been more empty. Never saw that many empty seats ever growing up.

This is attributable to a NUMBER of factors:
- The meteoric rise in ticket prices
- The extreme growth in TV coverage quality
- The growth in TV quality
- NFL having a serious problem with messy rules and concussions
- A slow but very noticeabe increase in the length of games (190 minutes is a decent outing, 240 minutes is a daylong activity)
- An across the board drop in the attendance of ALL entertainment options
- Politics COULD be an issue (somewhat ironic as conservative and militaristic politics have been shoved whole hog into the NFL since the 1990s with no issue)

Response to The "Official" Trump thread. 2017-09-25 22:54:03

At 9/25/17 10:25 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 9/25/17 09:54 PM, Camarohusky wrote: - Politics COULD be an issue
Duh politics is clearly an issue even enough of one for the POTUS to chime in.

Politics has always been a part of sports, especially football. It was just for the 70's up until a few years ago, players, coaches and even owners put politics in the back burner aside from a few token issues that no one cared about. When Kaepernick took a knee last year, that shocked a lot of people and really didn't know what to do other than shun him. (though putting on pig cop socks and praising a thuggish government in Cuba certainly didn't help)

The ironic thing is that most everyone in power accused Kaepernick of inserting politics in the game were quick to defend their own players when Trump did just that. Though to be fair, Trump has always had beef with the NFL since the 80's, and his statements was blantantly ignorant, whereas Kaep's was well-intentioned, if somewhat gauche.

BBS Signature