00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT!

14,561 Views | 72 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-05 19:25:21

hmmm, cool emotes are available now... nice.

and SNES-style, cool emoticons too. thats good, i like it as well.

BUT...

THE CHAT, THE CHAT IS BACK?!
...AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS...

wow, thanks tom fulp! and thanks to mr bren the man as well! you rock, bren!
it was almost a fading dream, but now its a reality: NG's functioning chat system.

good news!

i've tried it just now, and it works like a charm. (so far).
great update.

also, i shall advertise NG's greatness and its awesome supporter status on my social media.
keep up the great work, mr tom fulp!

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-05 20:00:13

The chat's awesome @BrenTheMan, I really appreciate the effort! Hmm, I wonder what chat to go to on Pico Day. Last year's stream was on Twitch so... Newgrounds or Twitch? I hope it won't cause a big divide.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-05 21:15:23

I don't think I'll be going this year, my truck died around noon today. I've always heard of blown head gaskets, but never had to suffer through one, it's practically a vehicle's death sentence. Like my brother passing, there were no warning signs.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 00:55:45

Is chat down right now? I only get a blank screen.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 01:13:57

Yo half the people talking bout "WOOOOOO THE CHAT IS BACK!!!" never even went to the first one to begin with.

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 04:33:52

There was this chat that was on here around 2010 what ever happened to that. Still this chat looks nice and reminds me of the old little chat boxes that zwinky site used to let you embed on your profiles back in 2006/07.

Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT!

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 06:18:11

At 5/5/16 12:36 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/5/16 12:15 PM, CrazyCreators wrote: Is it possible in the future to have a button created on the menu bar to access the NG chat without searching for it a lot?
It gets tough to avoid navbar overkill... In the new layout we might introduce the ability to customize your navbar buttons, so people could have stuff like "Classic Portal" and "Chat" as defaults in the main nav.

Put the link in a pod for people to drag around on starter page? Or maybe just list it in the "NG on facebook - NG on twitter NG on blabla" boX on the left for the time being? Also awesome, was hoping that chat wasn't just an April's fool, though I'm probably too old and too insignificant to really use it much... xD
Awesome job @BrenTheMan!

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 08:25:52

At 5/5/16 12:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: It gets tough to avoid navbar overkill... In the new layout we might introduce the ability to customize your navbar buttons, so people could have stuff like "Classic Portal" and "Chat" as defaults in the main nav.

I like this idea. Made me wonder btw: have you ever had/considered a Sitemap?

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 16:53:22

You know what'd be kinda cool? Giving Supporters the ability to use the old auras.
Ya know have: Fab, Light, Neutral, Dark, and Evil available under their "designated colors".
I am aware that their colors are already available for other stuff and "Neutral" could technically be the "Blank Slate" thing. But I know some users miss having the ability to use those auras. And while I'm normally not one to suggest Supporters get stuff, it'd be an interesting perk.

Or at least bring back Light, Neutral, and Dark for everyone but make it so Supporters get Fab and Evil.

I mean you have Melancholy...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-06 17:05:45

At 5/6/16 04:29 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote:
At 5/5/16 05:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: One thing from the days when the NG Store was still around that could return is the Mystery Boxes. Mystery Boxes seem to be easier to bring back than the NG Store since you can pretty much put anything in them and no one except the person who made 'em would know what's in them until you open it.
Yea, that'd be really be cool.

The best part is the only thing you have to worry about is hipping costs and that's just about it. The things that you can put in a Mystery Box can be things you already own (such as pre-owned Newgrounds merchandise), so "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 05:57:54

At 5/6/16 04:53 PM, Viper wrote: Or at least bring back Light, Neutral, and Dark for everyone but make it so Supporters get Fab and Evil.

Yeah that'd be nice. I always had Neutral back in the day, would be fun to get back. Having auras based on preferable professions makes you have to choose just the one specific category. I'm all-in-one.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 13:30:05

At 5/7/16 05:57 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/6/16 04:53 PM, Viper wrote: Or at least bring back Light, Neutral, and Dark for everyone but make it so Supporters get Fab and Evil.
Yeah that'd be nice. I always had Neutral back in the day, would be fun to get back. Having auras based on preferable professions makes you have to choose just the one specific category. I'm all-in-one.

Maybe combine the profession auras with the emotion auras. This way we can have combinations such as "Evil Movie Buff", "Fab Movie Buff", "Dark Audiophile", "Light Audiophile", "Neutral Audiophile", etc.

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 13:42:39

At 5/7/16 01:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 5/7/16 05:57 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Maybe combine the profession auras with the emotion auras. This way we can have combinations such as "Evil Movie Buff", "Fab Movie Buff", "Dark Audiophile", "Light Audiophile", "Neutral Audiophile", etc.

What if, as well as giving people the option of doing that, let people choose their aura color.
Like I have a "musician" aura but I like the color of the that kinda blueish one. I can't remember what it's under.
Or use @Squidbit 's "rainbow aura".

Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT!

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 13:44:43 (edited 2016-05-07 13:46:18)

At 5/7/16 01:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Maybe combine the profession auras with the emotion auras. This way we can have combinations such as "Evil Movie Buff", "Fab Movie Buff", "Dark Audiophile", "Light Audiophile", "Neutral Audiophile", etc.

That'd be cool too! Though as long as you can be just plain 'Neutral' I'd be happy. Having to be either Writer, Reader, Musician, Audiophile, Artist, Art Lover, Animator, Film Maker, Movie Buff, Voice Actor, Gamer, Game Developer or Melancholy is a bit of a limitation, it puts you in a category. And 'Blank Slate' makes it sound like you're none of the above.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 13:51:47 (edited 2016-05-07 13:52:31)

At 5/7/16 01:42 PM, Viper wrote: What if, as well as giving people the option of doing that, let people choose their aura color.
Like I have a "musician" aura but I like the color of the that kinda blueish one. I can't remember what it's under.
Or use @Squidbit 's "rainbow aura".

Wouldn't be any more confusing than being able to swap out your level icon while the level still reads something entirely different. :) It is pretty cool how the categories reflect your 'allegiance', but yeah, it puts you in a category. That ^ would be nice. Games is blue btw, Writing is ... turquoise, I think?

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 13:59:38

At 5/7/16 01:51 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Wouldn't be any more confusing than being able to swap out your level icon while the level still reads something entirely different. :)

Honestly the whole idea of being able to swap your level icon DOES sound kinda interesting, but I'd rather just keep the one I earned through voting and voting and voting every day for x amount of days. Though I can definitely understand why someone' would use the ability to change their level icon. But it is indeed very confusing at times for people who pay attention to that sort of stuff. It's another reason why I don't use the ability to do that.

It is pretty cool how the categories reflect your 'allegiance', but yeah, it puts you in a category. That ^ would be nice. Games is blue btw, Writing is ... turquoise, I think?

I'll admit that the colors categorizing you into whichever section thing on here it's supposed to reflect is kinda cool.
But yeah it's the Writing one. Turquoise is my "birth stone" and it's one of my favorite shades of blue.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 14:54:24 (edited 2016-05-07 14:54:50)

At 5/7/16 01:59 PM, Viper wrote: Honestly the whole idea of being able to swap your level icon DOES sound kinda interesting, but I'd rather just keep the one I earned through voting and voting and voting every day for x amount of days. Though I can definitely understand why someone' would use the ability to change their level icon. But it is indeed very confusing at times for people who pay attention to that sort of stuff. It's another reason why I don't use the ability to do that.

Yeah, I haven't used the feature either... yet, I like being as close to lv60 as possible, but I meant: since that feature does exist, swapping auras outside the defined range wouldn't be any stranger.

I'll admit that the colors categorizing you into whichever section thing on here it's supposed to reflect is kinda cool.
But yeah it's the Writing one. Turquoise is my "birth stone" and it's one of my favorite shades of blue.

Ah, that's nice. I'd go with green myself if I could choose. Doesn't only feel Neutral but Natural, ya know? Turquoise isn't that far away though.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 19:44:03

Thanks for the chat, Bren!!

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 22:33:22

At 5/7/16 02:54 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Yeah, I haven't used the feature either... yet, I like being as close to lv60 as possible, but I meant: since that feature does exist, swapping auras outside the defined range wouldn't be any stranger.

Yeah @Tom should consider putting some thought into that. I can imagine some users would be happy to have the option to do that. Same with the Light, Dark, Neutral, Fab, Evil stuff that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-07 23:19:55

I'm on the way home now. Good times today.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 00:34:41

Where can I find that live chat for pico day. there was an icon above that linked my to it but now it leads to the forums. Could use some assistance

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 00:35:43

Remind me of fuu from samurai chaploo really like that anime

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 00:46:30

At 5/8/16 12:34 AM, DeadToro wrote: Where can I find that live chat for pico day. there was an icon above that linked my to it but now it leads to the forums. Could use some assistance

You mean this?
Just hover over the community tab and click Chat.

Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 02:22:48 (edited 2016-05-08 02:23:21)

At 5/8/16 12:09 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: today was your second time meeting me. how would you rate the experience on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being the most wonderful)

I got no clue. I must admit that I was and still am exasperated at your inability to get me some green on demand.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 03:43:51

Happy Pico Day for Everyone!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683479

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 05:07:50

At 5/7/16 10:33 PM, Viper wrote: Yeah @Tom should consider putting some thought into that. I can imagine some users would be happy to have the option to do that. Same with the Light, Dark, Neutral, Fab, Evil stuff that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yupp, hope so. Neutral would be awesome to have back.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 05:12:46

Oh, and Happy slightly belated Pico Day people!

Was expecting the usual official Pico Day post to post that in...

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 05:51:23

It only took 17 years.

Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT!

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 09:35:45

MEEHHHH

Response to Pico Day Gift 3 - CHAT! 2016-05-08 15:25:54

The Chat is really Good!

I love it more and more to be a Supporter!

BBS Signature