00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

56,930 Views | 637 Replies

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-04-30 22:06:14

At 4/30/16 09:36 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: It was good! The best thing about using a Crockpot is there's always leftovers. Time for me to save more money than I already am.
CHA-CHING!!!

Nice, leftovers are always the way to go. Raman noodles are the best way to save money.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-03 11:02:27

There's been some talk with the guy's at work about when summer will arrive this year here in Eastern Canada (Nova Scotia to be more precise a location)
It was mentioned it came on a Thursday the 20th of August last year & lasted almost until Fri the 21st..
But with global warming I'm debating on betting for it to arrive maybe a day or 2 earlier this year & last a few moments longer .
still got a couple more days to get my bet in ~;p

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-03 22:30:03

At 5/3/16 11:02 AM, morefngdbs wrote: There's been some talk with the guy's at work about when summer will arrive this year here in Eastern Canada (Nova Scotia to be more precise a location)
It was mentioned it came on a Thursday the 20th of August last year & lasted almost until Fri the 21st..
But with global warming I'm debating on betting for it to arrive maybe a day or 2 earlier this year & last a few moments longer .
still got a couple more days to get my bet in ~;p

I have lived in a few climates now. The northeast was my favorite - you got all of the seasons even though it was sometimes 100+ degrees and 9000+% humidity or -30 degrees and school was canceled because the diesel in the school buses froze.

Florida was just a hot humid armpit with no changes - it was nice for the first month or so but after 4 years it was really annoying - you couldn't do anything outside for the whole day, you had to bring extra shirts because you will sweat through anything you wear or it'll rain for no goddamn reason and make it even more humid and I could literally feel the sun pressing me down.

Texass ain't terrible but I find winter lacking. It gets cold and it will snow once or twice but the municipalities aren't equipped to deal with any type of weather and that makes travel dangerous. I told myself when I finally buy that pickup truck I'm buying a plow attachment because I could make enough money to pay the whole truck off after just 1 small storm down here. The rains lately have been pretty heavy but I've missed any flooding. my house is on a hill above a lake and has pretty good drainage (except for one section of my driveway that turns into a bog of eternal shoe swallowing mud)

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-06 15:26:58

At 5/3/16 10:30 PM, Malachy wrote:
The rains lately have been pretty heavy but I've missed any flooding. my house is on a hill above a lake and has pretty good drainage (except for one section of my driveway that turns into a bog of eternal shoe swallowing mud)

;;;
Been raining off & on for 3 days here, & its cold about the highest temp has been 10 & it drops to almost freezing then a slight increase , then down again the river I live on is right at the top of its banks. But If you follow the news its better than what Fort McMurray is going through out in Alberta. asa it all burns to the ground

seen 1 resident comment that the water bomber attacks are like spitting on a bonfire. it will hit it, it makes no difference.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-06 16:52:00

Couple more days until I'm taking a 2 months vacation from work. Going on a 2-weeks stay on the Mirihi Island Resort with my girlfriend, then we're off to visit my relatives back in the UK for a month. My girlfriend and I plans on ending our summer vacation with our final 2 weeks looking at a few residences in various cities...we'd like to move in together once she's finished with med school next year.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-06 18:45:11

At 5/6/16 04:52 PM, EcG-TracyJackson wrote: Couple more days until I'm taking a 2 months vacation from work. Going on a 2-weeks stay on the Mirihi Island Resort with my girlfriend, then we're off to visit my relatives back in the UK for a month. My girlfriend and I plans on ending our summer vacation with our final 2 weeks looking at a few residences in various cities...we'd like to move in together once she's finished with med school next year.

Sounds like a very nice vacation. Relax and enjoy it. When you get back, let us know how it was.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-07 01:48:26

Found out after dark tonight that BOTH of my headlights are out... Ugh.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-07 10:50:36

At 5/7/16 01:48 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Found out after dark tonight that BOTH of my headlights are out... Ugh.

Hope its just the bulbs ...cause this happened a year or 2 ago.

My brother has a dodge pick up, he lost both headlights, probably cursed a bit & went & bought 2 new headlight bulbs...they were no good .
Oh wait , it wasn't the bulbs, so it must be his fuse ...he couldn't find a fuse, Then her really started cursing cause he called me up & asked WTF is going on with the fuses.
Seems there is a power mod for headlights in the truck .

SO just cause the lights don't turn on .... doesn't always mean the bulbs are toast.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-07 11:10:41

At 5/7/16 01:48 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Found out after dark tonight that BOTH of my headlights are out... Ugh.

It always sucks when something happens at the worst time. The cops will give you a ticket, so make sure you get it fixed soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-09 10:36:55

At 5/8/16 09:39 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: I'm halfway through my 11 consecutive days of work!

That has to be very rough. Everybody needs a day off.

To be honest, that's not cool. I'm going to tell them that I no longer want to work on Saturdays, so I can get some kind of break.

Good luck trying to get Saturdays off.

On the bright side, I've been invited for the second time to do a physical fitness test in San Antonio for Game Warden Cadet. Hopefully this will be the year I get my dream job (even though I'm competing with over 1000 applicants for roughly 50 spots).

Do you win an award if you win the Physical Fitness test?

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-09 21:53:52

At 5/7/16 11:10 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
It always sucks when something happens at the worst time. The cops will give you a ticket, so make sure you get it fixed soon.

Had to drive to the coast, and the possibility of taking forested mountain roads in the middle of the night made me get them pretty quickly. The lights work, but they're misaligned. My left headlight is a good 10-15 degrees lower than my right. WHatever.

Now, turns out my rear brake light is out.

I guess 6 years is the fail point for things on a Nissan.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-09 22:01:50

At 5/9/16 09:53 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I guess 6 years is the fail point for things on a Nissan.

My friend just had the engine on hers fail after 7 years. To be fair, she got it used.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-09 23:03:43

At 5/9/16 10:23 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
At 5/7/16 01:48 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
I guess 6 years is the fail point for things on a Nissan.
I guess it's a good thing my brother got a Mazda 3 instead of a Nissan. I drive an old Subaru.

I'm probably buying a truck this year and I've had good luck with Toyota (2006 camry hybrid still good at 180,000miles and 2013 prius at 80,000) but sadly the Tacoma can't pull the horse trailer we use and the tundra is way too expensive and also probably can't tow the trailer either. So I'm left looking domestic. My grandfather worked at Ford so we always had ford growing up but they never lasted over 60,000 miles. Dodges are dodgey and I have no experience with gmc/chevy which apparently are the same trucks with different options.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-10 00:22:06

At 5/9/16 10:23 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: I guess it's a good thing my brother got a Mazda 3 instead of a Nissan. I drive an old Subaru.

Well, to be clear, the car is driving great and I drive it hard. It's just the little stuff that's going out at the same time.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-10 09:04:58 (edited 2016-05-10 09:06:34)

If you don't rust check a vehicle every year here in the North Atlantic Ocean, you will never have to worry about engines, transmissions etc ever wearing out.

EVER !

No your car & or Truck will be a pile of rusting metal flakes on the ground surrounding & covering any engine under support parts that oil leaked out & protected from the corrosion that is unbelievable, until you experience it for yourself.

Our local Governments to make sure the salt in the air has a better chance to rot your vehicle into dust, also spray our roads with Brine water before snowstorms & freezing events , along with massive amounts of rock salt for traction on the icy roads.

For fun, on clear quiet nights ...you can sit out with the drink of your choice & hear the metal corroding in vehicles around the neighbourhood .

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-10 10:20:24

At 5/10/16 09:04 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
For fun, on clear quiet nights ...you can sit out with the drink of your choice & hear the metal corroding in vehicles around the neighbourhood .

This is why I'm still considering an f150 because they salted the crap out of roads back home. The rear differential rusted out on my Ranger at 55k miles. Probably from the salt.

Of course my camry was 4 years old and over 70,000 miles when I moved out of the northeast in 2010 and its still going strong today. I also took every opportunity to wash it and spray the undercarriage with wax during any short thaw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-10 12:14:39

At 5/9/16 11:23 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: That's odd. My last vehicle was an 2002 F-150 and it had 150,000 miles on it when I sold it.

I have heard it is a good vehicle, but I have never owned one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-14 09:29:56

At 5/10/16 12:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/9/16 11:23 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: That's odd. My last vehicle was an 2002 F-150 and it had 150,000 miles on it when I sold it.
I have heard it is a good vehicle, but I have never owned one.

I've owned several 150's, they're a good solid well built truck. I had 1 ,2 wheel drive my others were all 4x4's, & nothing bad to say about any of them.

I am presently on my second GM this time its a chevy 3/4 ton crew cab 4x4 .
I wasn't going to get a GM this time, but it was a great deal in very good shape low mileage & my alum rack off my GMC was a perfect fit to it, so that saved me almost $2500.00. in getting a new custom rack built.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-14 19:18:29

At 5/14/16 09:29 AM, morefngdbs wrote: I've owned several 150's, they're a good solid well built truck. I had 1 ,2 wheel drive my others were all 4x4's, & nothing bad to say about any of them.

If I ever get a trunk, I will have to check it out.

I am presently on my second GM this time its a chevy 3/4 ton crew cab 4x4 .
I wasn't going to get a GM this time, but it was a great deal in very good shape low mileage & my alum rack off my GMC so that saved me almost $2500.00. in getting a new custom rack built.

What does the rack do? I have heard of a gun rack before.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-14 23:18:35

At 5/14/16 07:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What does the rack do? I have heard of a gun rack before.

Those rails on top of the car that people attach things to for storage and transportation. Round here, they often have kayaks and camping gear hauled up there.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 01:57:57

At 5/14/16 11:18 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 5/14/16 07:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What does the rack do? I have heard of a gun rack before.
Those rails on top of the car that people attach things to for storage and transportation. Round here, they often have kayaks and camping gear hauled up there.

That makes sense. That must be useful when camping and being close to nature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 10:42:50

At 5/14/16 07:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
that saved me almost $2500.00. in getting a new custom rack built.
What does the rack do? I have heard of a gun rack before.

;;

My rack is on the box of the truck. It is made of 1 & 1/2 inch round sch- 80 Aluminium tube or possibly you call it pipe (I'm assuming you are American & don't use the metric system)

It is made of round tube, so my scaffolding clamps can be used with other lengths of tube to configure the rack in different ways. I have 2 clamps mounted under the front bumper onto the frame so I have a strong point to bring tube out & up to connect to the rack in the back over the hood & cab. That way carrying my 24 & 26 ft custom I beams can be done horizontally. Other wise with a box only 8 ft long, that leaves a lot of beam sticking out fore & aft, & I don't like having 8-10ft of I beam hanging out from the back of my truck.

A rack in your truck makes it much more versatile , for carrying things like long lengths of pipe (I carry 20fters all the time) as well as ladders etc.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 10:49:09

At 5/15/16 10:42 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
My rack is on the box of the truck. It is made of 1 & 1/2 inch round sch- 80 Aluminium tube or possibly you call it pipe (I'm assuming you are American & don't use the metric system)

Yes, I am American.

It is made of round tube, so my scaffolding clamps can be used with other lengths of tube to configure the rack in different ways. Other wise with a box only 8 ft long, that leaves a lot of beam sticking out fore & aft, & I don't like having 8-10ft of I beam hanging out from the back of my truck.
A rack in your truck makes it much more versatile , for carrying things like long lengths of pipe (I carry 20fters all the time) as well as ladders etc.

I understand now. It makes construction and moving things easy. You only hear catchy country songs about gun racks. lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 11:35:37

Racks are also great for bringing Christmas Trees home.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 15:53:21

At 5/15/16 02:46 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: Tonight, I'm cooking me some delicious Curried Pork and Pea Soup. Never had that dish before, but I sure do love curry.

Where did you learn to make curry dishes? I have had Jamaican and Indian curry meals, but they taste differently.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-05-15 21:32:38

At 5/15/16 04:39 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: I'm using a Crockpot Cookbook.

Smart idea. I like a small amount of curry, it can be spicy. How much do you put in your meals?

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-06-01 01:50:57

At 5/30/16 12:40 AM, TylerFromTexas wrote: Look what I did.

Rocket League

Great work on Rocket League.

Summer is just about here, so everybody gets ready for the heat.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-06-03 17:05:57

At 6/1/16 01:50 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Summer is just about here, so everybody gets ready for the heat.

;;;
I just bought 4 ghost pepper plants for my patio planters.
I am ready for the heat ...bring it on !

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-06-03 17:20:42

At 6/3/16 05:05 PM, morefngdbs wrote: I just bought 4 ghost pepper plants for my patio planters.
I am ready for the heat ...bring it on !

Let us know how the harvest goes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-06-06 21:04:55

At 6/6/16 12:30 AM, TylerFromTexas wrote: I was a junior at the University of North Texas, and I was attending a Nigerian Festival. I was a part of a club called "World Echoes", and it's a club that embraces different cultures from around the world, so we would regularly attend these kind of events. This festival in particular was a lot of fun, and I've met my best college buddy there too.

Which one are you in the picture?

I tried some of their Nigerian food, and I nearly threw up. That was really embarrassing, but the organizers were cool about it and kind of laughed at my gagging face. Sometime this year I plan on visiting Denton and hopefully meet up with some of my friends from that club.

It can be to try a new culture's food for the first time in a crowd. You never know how it will taste.

BBS Signature