00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME

4,394 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-01 17:21:48

At 1/1/16 06:03 AM, SinisterShadow1000 wrote: I really liket the FNAF series. But, what ruined it for me was the fanbase (fox thingy fangirls, hentai,fanfiction and the fact that so many YouTubers got so many cheap views by doing FNAF related stuff).

Meh, I can look passed the fanbase. I mean, we're all into our own things.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-01 19:32:46

At 1/1/16 06:00 AM, SinisterShadow1000 wrote::

As for OOT, I think WW happens after Ganon defeats Link.

You know there's an official timeline now? They released it for the 25th aniversary of LOZ in 2011. I presume you knew that. I never knew about the "dead link" theory, that's weird!

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-02 05:23:47

Undertale.

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-02 09:46:52

At 1/1/16 07:32 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: At 1/1/16 06:00 AM, SinisterShadow1000 wrote::
As for OOT, I think WW happens after Ganon defeats Link.
You know there's an official timeline now? They released it for the 25th aniversary of LOZ in 2011. I presume you knew that. I never knew about the "dead link" theory, that's weird!

I never red that, to buy a book just to knoww a timeline of the game is just...wierd. As for the theory, you should read it, it makes sense.

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-02 09:48:31

At 1/2/16 04:01 AM, oobooglunk wrote: Metroid Fusion. It tries to fuse linearity with exploration, but its idea of "linearity" is turning the player's body in a set direction and pushing them towards it, and its idea of "exploration" is level design that could not be explained by Nintendo Power, let alone intuition.

Contrary to the popular belief, I really disliked SA X chasing you across the levels, hard to escape to and overpowered for the most part of the game.

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-02 09:49:19

At 1/2/16 05:23 AM, wolfe wrote: Undertale.

Never played it, but people are ridiciolusly hyping it.

Response to MOST OVERRATED VIDEO GAME 2016-01-02 12:04:21

At 1/2/16 10:28 AM, AfterburnerV wrote: Call of Duty series past 4. The same thing, taken out of one case and put in a new one with a different cover, disk, texture pack, and (slightly) different HUD/GUI.

That doesnt mean they arent well made, theyre just repetitive.

Never played it, but people are ridiciolusly hyping it.

*Tumblr
They're the ones who put it on a huge pedestal.

LoL

I don't think it's actually talked about that much, but you're right at the same time because people still play it and only it 24/7.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Destiny is an overrated, derivative pile of shit that may as well be Borderlands with Halo paint on it. I played the beta when it was out and got bored within about 30 minutes.

At 12/28/15 06:41 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Super Mario Brothers 3 is the most over-rated especially on the nes. The game isn't very good and has aged badly unlike Super Mario World which has aged better

Disagreed whole-heartedly, SMB 3 has far more variety than SMW. There are items in that game unique to only one or two stages in its entirety. SMW feels like they just started copy/pasting at a certain point. You can make a case about Mario 3 overusing the ship stages, but it's no worse than the ghost house levels in Mario World.

It obviously comes down to personal preference but, I don't think it's a matter of debate that the game itself isn't good. You cannot debate that SMB3 has good level design. That's pretty much solidified. You might not like the graphics or whatever (assuming that's your argument because you said "especially on the NES", when the all stars version just made it 16 bit in a way that I honestly found to be kind of lame) but give credit where it's due.

I'm curious, what about Mario World do you like more? (Not dissing your opinion or anything, everyone has their preference but I am challenging your argument that SMB3 is bad altogether.)

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature