00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sillyspinda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEW Cartoon Series

862 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey, guys, check out my new "learn-medy" cartoon series called Monkey Wrench. It's meant for animators who are just starting out and have many questions about animation, but hopefully everyone can watch and enjoy it :). I hope to make more episodes in the future with your support.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-21 13:10:41

At 9/21/15 11:58 AM, Platanoz wrote: Hey, guys, check out my new "learn-medy" cartoon series called Monkey Wrench. It's meant for animators who are just starting out and have many questions about animation, but hopefully everyone can watch and enjoy it :). I hope to make more episodes in the future with your support.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/663786

This was pretty terrible, the animation was bad quality and the voice acting and jokes horrendous. I feel that if you are going to teach people you should be at least competent in what you are teaching.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-21 13:22:47

At 9/21/15 01:10 PM, Blounty wrote: This was pretty terrible, the animation was bad quality and the voice acting and jokes horrendous. I feel that if you are going to teach people you should be at least competent in what you are teaching.

Alright, you are entitled to your opinion. However, you should know the difference between "Bad Quality animation" and "Animatic" this, my friend, is an animatic. An animatic(in case you don't know) is the stage in production after "storyboarding" is done. In this case, I did an animatic because of the length of the video and because it's just me doing all the animation.

If you don't find the jokes funny, then I can't help you with that. We have a different sense of humor where i'm from, i guess.

Also, if you think my animating skills suck, why don't you check my other animations? You might just be wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-23 01:19:53

At 9/21/15 11:58 AM, Platanoz wrote: Hey, guys, check out my new "learn-medy" cartoon series called Monkey Wrench. It's meant for animators who are just starting out and have many questions about animation, but hopefully everyone can watch and enjoy it :). I hope to make more episodes in the future with your support.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/663786

I rather go for classic way of learning where you watch a cartoon slowly than this series! SERIOUSLY YOU THINK WE ARE STUPID AND YOU ARE KNOW IT ALL GUY! seriously I think there is something wrong with the beginning of the video I mean there is a limit for how much joke your suppose to put! PUT YOUR SELF TOGETHER AND SAY SOMETHING USEFUL! ok then your not helping people go clean from going piracy! THERE ARE SOME FREE SOFTWARE FOR ANIMATION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY COMMENT SERIOUSLY YOU CAN GO THROW YOUR SELF Or whatever not like I care anyways!

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-23 08:17:38

I'm sorry you didn't find it useful. I'll take all your criticism into serious consideration. Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-24 01:36:00

I didn't mind it but the crude humor really should go.
You are totally limiting your audience with the dick jokes and the swearing.
But that is my opinion.
The work is better than I could produce and I think it has some merit but the crudeness kills it for me.
I think you can be funny using different words to imply the same thing.
Let us know when the next one comes out.

Check out my YouTube Channels

Young Animators Club

HUMHAT Low/No budget Animation tutorals

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-24 10:13:59

At 9/24/15 01:36 AM, muddcliff wrote: I didn't mind it but the crude humor really should go.
You are totally limiting your audience with the dick jokes and the swearing.
But that is my opinion.
The work is better than I could produce and I think it has some merit but the crudeness kills it for me.
I think you can be funny using different words to imply the same thing.
Let us know when the next one comes out.

Thank you for watching the episode and taking the time to critique it. This is some good feedback that I'll use to better the series.

I will definitely let you know when the next one is up.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-26 13:41:00 (edited 2015-09-26 13:41:25)

I think you focused too much on poorly executed jokes (subjective opinion) instead of actually getting started with the teaching. If you really want to go for a comedic tutorial type of show the first episode should display a good balance.
Another thing I found lacking was the animation itself. If you are going to have animated characters in your animation tutorials they should at least be.. well, animated. Not going past animatic really hurts your credibility here.

At 9/21/15 11:58 AM, Platanoz wrote: "learn-medy"

The word you are looking for is "edutainment", education + entertainment.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2015-09-26 17:45:19

At 9/26/15 01:41 PM, kmau wrote:
At 9/21/15 11:58 AM, Platanoz wrote: "learn-medy"
The word you are looking for is "edutainment", education + entertainment.

Thank you for your critique and comments.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2016-10-18 10:39:41

So, after taking in all the critiques and comments from the first episode, I waited a few months. Now I've come up with two new episodes:

I hope they helped any new animators out there who are just starting; and if you're a seasoned animator, I hope you at least found them entertaining.
If you'd like to see more, hop on over to my channel and subscribe; it has funny cartoons, speedpaints, tutorials... and monkeys lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitQsagROyjzkXlGhlGHjzQ

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Cartoon Series 2016-10-18 18:32:02

At 10/18/16 03:43 PM, VLStaticFire wrote: Your series is awesome dude!
At 10/18/16 06:23 PM, Greenskullkid wrote: Cool man keep chasing what you love and don't let anybody get in your head

Thank you, guys

BBS Signature