00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS!

17,884 Views | 40 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Our Airscape Fan Art Challenge wrapped up on Sunday while I was at PAX.

Here are the entries, they are ALL getting Steam keys for Airscape: The Fall of Gravity!

If you didn't make fan art, you can do the next best thing to support Airscape and buy a copy!

Ottawa Meetup

I'm gonna be in Ottawa from September 17-19th for the NG screening at the Ottawa Animation Festival. It was organized by Sean Buckelew, who happened to co-direct and animate the celebrated tripping-balls scene in We Are Your Friends.

It would be awesome if everyone from the area made it out for the screening, 9:15 pm Thursday night at the Arts Court Theatre.

Let me know if you'll be in town, I'm interested in doing a little meetup!

Florida Meetup

I'll be at Fort Walton Beach in Florida for the Emerald Coast Con, the weekend of October 23-25h. Google map that and let me know if you can make it and hang out!

Dragon Con in Atlanta

@LiLg will be at Dragon Con in Atlanta this wekeend so go say HI. Would Dragon Con be a good place for an NG Atlanta meetup next year? Lemme know.

PAX Wrap-Up

It was great seeing everyone at PAX this past weekend! NGers included @Stamper, @RicePirate, @Funy-mony, @Fungasm, @oryozema, @MisterChris, @PuffballsUnited, @Tommunism, @Glaiel-Gamer, @BoMToons, @Mike, @jouste, @BerzerkStudio, @TadakuniAmano, @DjCUTMAN and @Xerus.

I should have taken more pictures... I should blog the ones I did take.

Important things I learned at PAX: I can replace lunch with Bloody Marys and it works really well if I transition to Moscow Mules in the evening. Also Zarvot and Inversus are fun to play with friends.

Fan Art Challenges

What indie games would you like to see a fan art challenge for?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:14:32

At 9/3/15 04:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: Important things I learned at PAX: I can replace lunch with Bloody Marys and it works really well if I transition to Moscow Mules in the evening. Also Zarvot and Inversus are fun to play with friends.

You should try replacing breakfast with whiskey. Or at least pouring it over your cornflakes.

Nearly all my stuff! MadeByChaz.com

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:18:09

At 9/3/15 04:14 PM, Chaz wrote:
At 9/3/15 04:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: Important things I learned at PAX: I can replace lunch with Bloody Marys and it works really well if I transition to Moscow Mules in the evening. Also Zarvot and Inversus are fun to play with friends.
You should try replacing breakfast with whiskey. Or at least pouring it over your cornflakes.

I thought about leaving out the alcohol stuff and it's already got me my first reply.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:36:09

We could have a fan art challenge of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!

More of my art stuff: LINK

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:37:18

I do miss me a good UK meet. Mind you, I know it's been two years since the last one. Hm, wonder if anyone's able to do this...

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:48:47

Always good to spread the NG love around the country/world

Maybe there could be a fan-art challenge for the upcoming indie game Cuphead.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:52:49

At 9/3/15 04:36 PM, ionrayner wrote: We could have a fan art challenge of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!

We're overdue for something with Isaac... I'll talk to Edmund about it!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:55:05

At 9/3/15 04:48 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote: Always good to spread the NG love around the country/world

That would be a fun one, @Jenjamik is an artist on there so maybe he can help get it going!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 16:59:25

Did someone say whiskey?

Also first post in a while.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 17:00:32

Sounds awesome!

More of my art stuff: LINK

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 17:31:31

Damn it, Tom! All the way in the tippity top of the panhandle!? I know I'm a lazy prick who doesn't leave my hometown of Melbourne, FL, but shit dude can't you at least party in Miami on cocaine like a normal human!? Just kidding dude, have a good time! I won't be making it up that way THIS time around.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 18:28:51

At 9/3/15 04:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: I thought about leaving out the alcohol stuff and it's already got me my first reply.

Alcohol makes people talk. (It's also why the meetups are a blast...)

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 18:36:00

I can't go to DragonCon this year, but I might be able to get in for free next year...though I'm not a big con person.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 18:36:19

At 9/3/15 05:20 PM, Legodude2000 wrote: mega thanks for the first place and frontpaging, guys. also holy shit! you're coming to Florida? Expect me lol, I might even bring a clay model of the Newgrounds tank while I'm at it.

Would be awesome to see you, with or without a tank!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 18:54:23

Dude. That Fort Walton Beach con isn't that far from Miami...

Wanna come check out the view?

You have my phone number. Call me homie.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 18:54:38

When @whiskey is mentioned in a post, Luis gets a notification in his news feed.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 19:31:29

Here's a picture of Tom enjoying a donut from Misterchris!
Here's more photos in case anybody is interested.

PAX PRIME 2015 FUNYMONY ADVENTURE

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 21:02:12

At 9/3/15 06:54 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Dude. That Fort Walton Beach con isn't that far from Miami...

Wanna come check out the view?

You have my phone number. Call me homie.

don't give poozy your number. motherfucker woke me up at 2am one night asking me if I wanted to learn to drive a crane.

@tomfulp - meetups are hard to plan but I like your idea of piggy backing on existing events! It can all be more informal and really chill.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 21:51:24

Shantae and Shovel Knight deserve art contests

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 21:59:27

At 9/3/15 04:55 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/3/15 04:48 PM, IvanAlmighty wrote: Always good to spread the NG love around the country/world

That would be a fun one, @Jenjamik is an artist on there so maybe he can help get it going!

Hey! If this is happens I'll help however I can.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-03 22:23:41

NOOOOOO!!! And I was considering going up to the Ottawa festival! Would've been awesome to meet the creator of NG! (0.0)

Animate or go home

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 08:49:46

At 9/3/15 09:02 PM, Malachy wrote: don't give poozy your number. motherfucker woke me up at 2am one night asking me if I wanted to learn to drive a crane.

If I don't remember it, it never happened.

sorry man t'was the sippy sippy

At 9/3/15 04:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: Florida Meetup

I'll be at Fort Walton Beach in Florida for the Emerald Coast Con, the weekend of October 23-25h. Google map that and let me know if you can make it and hang out!

I'll absolutely be there for the Florida meetup! Only two hours away! Yesssss!
@NewgroundsNation

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 09:49:33

At 9/3/15 09:59 PM, Jenjamik wrote:

I remembered last night that this sort of thing should wait until Steam keys are actually available, so we should plan something around the launch!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 09:49:54

At 9/3/15 10:23 PM, CrabbWalker wrote: NOOOOOO!!! And I was considering going up to the Ottawa festival! Would've been awesome to meet the creator of NG! (0.0)

Is it too late to still go?

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 09:50:22

At 9/4/15 09:12 AM, Alexander wrote: I'll absolutely be there for the Florida meetup! Only two hours away! Yesssss!
@NewgroundsNation

Awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 10:22:26

At 9/4/15 09:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/3/15 09:59 PM, Jenjamik wrote:

I remembered last night that this sort of thing should wait until Steam keys are actually available, so we should plan something around the launch!

From what I've seen this is a game well worth the wait! Jake's been showing some pretty amazing animations on Tumblr, I can't imagine anything less than a huge turnout for fan art!

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 18:55:51

@TomFulp I wanted to have some kind of premiere of the new Stretchyman episode when its done but idk where. You have any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 19:35:32

I was planning on going to Ottawa, actually. I don't have any classes on Thursday and might be able to get a pass for Friday if I ask my profs nicely enough, so I should be able to get to the NG screening at the very least.

Lookin' forward to it.

Response to Airscape Art Results, MEETUPS! 2015-09-04 23:08:56

Might be. I haven't booked anything, nor got a plane ticket. I normally plan international trips out about a month in advance XD
It's okay though, I'm going to some local events in Ohio, like the OGDE.

Animate or go home