00:00
00:00

MAGFest Wrap-Up

17,915 Views | 80 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Live in the Atlanta area? ForNoReason is putting out feelings for an Atlanta meetup, please chime in!

I'm back from MAGFest after having a great weekend with tons of great people! I intended to come back with a group shot of roughly 30 artists from NG and I FAILED. Frustrating because pics like that are really fun to look back on over the years. If anyone took pictures, please post them in this thread!

MAGFest is the Music and Gaming Festival in DC, although it should change itself to the Music, Animation and Gaming Festival; the acronym would still work. I hosted a Newgrounds panel with Stamper, RicePirate and Spazkid, no clue if anyone filmed it but it should make for entertaining viewing if someone did.

The following NGers were in attendance this weekend:

@JohnnyUtah
@Stamper
@oney
@RicePirate
@Spazkid
@Egoraptor
@Rubberninja
@DJCutman
@Sabtastic
@MrChambers
@stejkrobot
@CroMagg
@CatFat
@DuDuL
@Esquirebob
@digsBot
@BooneBum
@lefthandedsock
@headphoamz
@DFerociousbeast (did I meet you?)
@flikkernicht
@Magnivez
@giggas
@GentlemanTrooper (did I meet you?)
@TheShadling
@fleadom
@omiyagames (never managed to meet you!)
@KneeGrowPleas
@LordDF
@driedsquidhero
@VidGameDude
@SpinalPalm
@JaShinYa
@tristious
@emily-youcis
@lovingthedark
@guitarmasterx7
@SPace
@mohawkade
@nevarky

Am I forgetting anyone?


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 15:06:04 (edited 2015-01-26 15:06:28)


I had a blast! It was awesome meeting everyone! Not many pictures were taken but me, Cromagg, MrChambers, and Stejkrobot took one photo before we all parted ways yesterday. I also think Flikkernicht took some photos, but hasn't posted them online yet.

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 15:16:20


At 1/26/15 02:57 PM, Cordyceps wrote: I'd really like to see the NG and Sleepycabin panels if anybody has those recorded.

Same here.


Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 15:52:29


I am SO bummed I didn't get to go!!!


"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 15:59:28


At 1/26/15 03:52 PM, deathink wrote: I am SO bummed I didn't get to go!!!

Next year!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 16:04:02


One of these days I'm going to attend one of these awesome events, but for now I'm stuck in Malta, where nothing really happens, so that day will have to be in the distant future.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 16:28:51 (edited 2015-01-26 16:31:19)


it wus gud seeing u fulpy. i hope us animator pals get togetha real soon

can i get a wuuuu tanggg

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 16:53:58


Next year I would love to go!


II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 16:56:39


Tom, will you ever age??

I think you're going to go the Keanu path. Except instead of being stuck in your 30s you'll be stuck in your mid 20s.


GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 17:31:35


Thank you Tom and Stamper for signing my NG toys and hanging out with me. I promise you wont find them on ebay anytime soon.

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 17:54:30


Maybe I can go in a couple years...

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 18:03:06


At 1/26/15 04:56 PM, Noodle wrote: Tom, will you ever age??

I've put my aging on hold until I get some shit done.


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 19:27:01


Really bummed I missed out..seriously hope some body filmed it!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 19:37:41


At 1/26/15 07:27 PM, MindChamber wrote: Really bummed I missed out..seriously hope some body filmed it!

Yea same here. Good to see familiar faces and new faces pop up and represent the site. This sort of festival seems to suit NG the best out of all the ones we've done in the past i think. Feels like its small enough to not be overwhelming like Comic Con but not small enough to feel ghetto like Big Apple Con that one year.


None

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 22:17:12


Had a ton of fun, and it was great finally meeting you Tom. Had a blast hearing about the future plans and recounting the past triumphs of Newgrounds.

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 23:29:28


Had tons of fun interviewing indie devs! Especially the interview we did with @tomfulp

Thanks so much! The video will be up later on our website. :)

MAGFest Wrap-Up


Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 23:33:33


Maybe I'll make it next year, but I'll definitely try to attend any other events coming up!


A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-26 23:52:35


Any thoughts on making your own convention, Tom? And if the project's too big for NG alone, would collaborating with other sites help? I know ScrewAttack's convention is pretty popular, so that's why I asked.


I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 00:46:15


It was awesome hanging with you Tom! Everyone else too <3

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 01:20:29


At 1/27/15 12:46 AM, Esquirebob wrote: It was awesome hanging with you Tom! Everyone else too <3

Holy Crap-ith, you were there too! I love your cartoons!


BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 01:29:16


Left after the panel and before the snow shitstorm.
Im not sure if i've ever been in any meetup photos, not that i'm complaining.
Anyways, it was awesome to see everyone again, hope you all had a great time.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 01:32:35


It was awesome meeting everyone, it would be a real shame if the NG panel didn't get filmed cause it was SUPER informative

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 03:29:50


Really wish I could have gone.


BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 06:20:02


At 1/26/15 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: @oney
@Spazkid
@Egoraptor
@Rubberninja
@Esquirebob
@TheShadling

son of a BITCH


did you fall from the sky love

kik me baby

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 08:16:21


At 1/27/15 06:20 AM, Itarian wrote:
At 1/26/15 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: @oney
@Spazkid
@Egoraptor
@Rubberninja
@Esquirebob
@TheShadling
son of a BITCH

What?


"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 08:56:20


At 1/26/15 07:37 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:27 PM, MindChamber wrote: Really bummed I missed out..seriously hope some body filmed it!
Yea same here. Good to see familiar faces and new faces pop up and represent the site. This sort of festival seems to suit NG the best out of all the ones we've done in the past i think. Feels like its small enough to not be overwhelming like Comic Con but not small enough to feel ghetto like Big Apple Con that one year.

That would've been nice to know beforehand :\ I consider NG a force unto itself... just hope there's some sort of meet-up in the near future, preferably at the NG offices or at least nearby. So it was a cozy event, eh? The event schedule seemed kinda low brow, to an old, unproducing goat like me, but I trust the attendees transcended that, and useful discourse did take place...


Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 09:09:27


At 1/27/15 01:32 AM, MrChambers wrote: It was awesome meeting everyone, it would be a real shame if the NG panel didn't get filmed cause it was SUPER informative

NO ONE FILMED THE NG PANEL???!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AAAH

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 09:21:15


For some reason I thought Egoraptor and Rubberninja were Youtubers, not NGers. Could be a mistake on my end tho :P


DOUBLE POST! BAM! I thought that was fixed.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 11:10:37


At 1/27/15 09:21 AM, Gerkinman wrote: For some reason I thought Egoraptor and Rubberninja were Youtubers, not NGers. Could be a mistake on my end tho :P

Nope, both started on NG just like loads of other people.


"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 11:34:18


At 1/27/15 08:56 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:37 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:27 PM, MindChamber wrote: Really bummed I missed out..seriously hope some body filmed it!
Yea same here. Good to see familiar faces and new faces pop up and represent the site. This sort of festival seems to suit NG the best out of all the ones we've done in the past i think. Feels like its small enough to not be overwhelming like Comic Con but not small enough to feel ghetto like Big Apple Con that one year.
That would've been nice to know beforehand :\ I consider NG a force unto itself...

I can only speculate. I've never been to Magfest before, every year it comes up, it falls like on weekends when im somewhere else. But I've always have heard positive things about it.


None