00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ronicalter just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Has anyone ever...

1,346 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Has anyone ever... 2014-12-12 19:11:13

Has anyone ever used some voice acting clips you made, without your permission, in their project? When confronted on it, did they deny that you did the voice work, call you a liar and/or selfish and go mute when asked to name the 'actual' voice actor they allegedly used?

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-12 20:16:01

I haven't. However, I have done a bunch of work for someone where they decided to drop me after recording hours and hours of video game voice over. Made me wonder what they ended up doing with it. Never got paid for anything.

So I take it this happened to you? That's messed up. T_T

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-12 20:18:31

Hah, I'd take it as a compliment that it was good enough to be stolen. I ain't seen it yet. Had some folks forget to credit me entirely, only a couple of times. Not too bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-12 22:50:36

Can't say I've ever had this happen to me, but even if it has, I probably wouldn't even know.

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-12 22:51:20

At 12/12/14 08:16 PM, Piper wrote: I haven't. However, I have done a bunch of work for someone where they decided to drop me after recording hours and hours of video game voice over. Made me wonder what they ended up doing with it. Never got paid for anything.

So I take it this happened to you? That's messed up. T_T

No but I have heard horror stories about it happening and I was just curious if it happened to anyone here.

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-14 22:15:56

I've had that happen with my music a number of times.
As for voice acting, never like that. I've had it stolen and animated, but I was credited and all of that. I just didn't get any revenue, nor was I consulted.
Case in point

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever... 2014-12-14 23:48:23

Eh, I've had someone plagiarize my work for college once or twice, which I found both baffling and hilarious. I guess it would depend on if they were profiteering; I'd be a bit more annoyed if mah screechy voice was being monetized than if it was just there for the hyucks.

BBS Signature