00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wonpaz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Editing programs?

1,443 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Editing programs? 2014-12-12 17:00:32

I'm interested in starting, and I know I will make mistakes. When that happens, how should I edit it?

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 17:14:12

If you're talking about what software to use, can't go wrong with Audacity. It's pretty much the go to for most starting VAs...and it's free.

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 17:32:37

Agreed. Audacity is probably the most useful free audio recording software you can use. If you're working on a Mac then Garageband is a nice free program to learn. Reaper is another nice free program to get used to.

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 17:47:08

There are plenty of great choic--

Audacity.

BBS Signature

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 18:18:21

Audacity is a great program, it's used by most of the voice actors from every voice acting forum.

I work with WavePad because I know this program better than Audacity and I've been working for 6 years with it.
I'm trying to figure out Adobe Audition CC because I also use it for college and Audacity, not sure if this program works the same way as WavePad but since most people use it, I wonder if it's better or exactly the same.

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 18:43:23

I hear word on the street is Audacity. Find a download link, here.

However, I've never used it and can't personally attest its wondrous ease and charm. I have Adobe Audition CS6 and before that I was using Adobe Audition CS5. These cost money though, so if you can, please use Audacity based on everyone's recommendation. Most people use it, and with good reason.

For dubbing I hear Pro Tools is one of the industry standards. But yeah, why the heck am I talking about it? I don't know. Just full of information and can't seem to help it.

AUDACITY!

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 19:18:35

I've had exactly one experience with Audacity and it was extremely bad. This was in the mid 2000s so I expect that they fixed the problem but since I already have alternatives, I will never touch it again.

The experience I had was; I downloaded it, installed it and moments later all of my sound files have become spontaneously corrupt and don't play like a normal sound file. I wiped my computer and saved these files in the hopes that maybe it was just a driver issue but when I attempted to open the files I got a warning message from WMP that the files were missing data and required a driver download, said download reinfected my computer.

I have an example to demonstrate what happened:

Before Audacity:
http://www.flashkit.com/imagesvr_ce/flashkit/soundfx/Communication/Fax/Fax_Soun-servnoti-7902/Fax_Soun-servnoti-7902.swf?datapath=/imagesvr_ce/flashkit/soundfx/Communication/Fax/Fax_Soun-servnoti-7902/data.swf

After Audacity:

Response to Editing programs? 2014-12-12 23:28:32

At 12/12/14 05:00 PM, cga-999 wrote: I'm interested in starting, and I know I will make mistakes. When that happens, how should I edit it?

Audacity and Audition are great contenders. By that, I mean Audition makes my pencil rock soft.