00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First this [and then]...

466 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First this [and then]... 2014-06-01 20:46:43

I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but I wanted to see how this plays out with my work.

This is kind of like a chain story and it works like this: I will start the topic with a piece of unfinished story. The next person to reply adds on to the story but leaves it open for another person to add to the story. Every person that replies should add to the story. This is intended to be a fun little experiment, not a collaborative work.
The general idea of this is written as a sci-fi thriller, but if it morphs into something else, I would love to see the results.
Well I hope this works. Here's how the story begins...

---

I watched her from a distance as stood in the patio of her quiet little suburb house. She looked so beautiful with the moonlight and dim porch light fighting over the curves of her face.
I wanted to go to her and hold her and tell her I was still alive. I wanted to tell her I was sorry for being gone so long and that I would never leave her sight again. But I would never have the chance. Staying away from her was the only way I could protect her from the Hunters. In fact, it was dangerous to be even this close to her if the Hunters were to see me and start firing. They wouldn't care if civilians got hurt, and they knew they wouldn't get into trouble because they were just trying to keep the "freaks" out of the city.
I was just about to leave when I heard the chilling voice of a Hunter.
"Nice lookin' girl."
......[and then]...

Response to First this [and then]... 2014-06-02 03:52:11

And then, a huge mushroom like cloud appeared from a distance.
Turns out to be a nuclear rocket which struck the whole place.
Everyone died in the area.

The end.

BBS Signature

Response to First this [and then]... 2014-06-02 05:04:43

At 6/2/14 03:52 AM, TomJason wrote: And then, a huge mushroom like cloud appeared from a distance.
Turns out to be a nuclear rocket which struck the whole place.
Everyone died in the area.

The end.

And then, the movie ended. I put the tape up against the bookshelf where she's kept all of her little films. She's been asleep for a few hours, restless at first, but then she finally went quiet. All I could do to keep my mind from going to dark places was to sneak into her home and play a movie while she rested. If she awoke I would sneak out of the window and she would chalk it up to a home invasion. I had to stay close. Better safe than sorry.

As the sun rises on the horizon I can finally rest easy knowing that she's safe from another night of the Hunters. My watchful eye has protected her grace once more, and I plan to do so for every night for as long as I live.

I walk towards the door, but as I approach I hear her in the bedroom. She sounds muffled, as if someone or something is keeping her from screaming out. A Hunter must be in the house.

[and then]

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to First this [and then]... 2014-06-03 12:22:55

I walk towards the door, but as I approach I hear her in the bedroom. She sounds muffled, as if someone or something is keeping her from screaming out. A Hunter must be in the house.

[and then]

My pace quickens towards the door, but I still try to be silent, prowling down the hall. I haven't slept...could it be a false alarm? I don't want her to know I was here, but I want her harmed even less. The muffled sounds bubble out from under the door as a scream, cut short by a sickening smack. The sounds spurs me into a rage: there is no more room for caution as I kick in the door, ready to fight.
My adrenaline is high and all the information hits me at once. Blood by the open window, a piece of what could only be her nightgown fluttering in the breeze, caught on a loose nail. Sounds of struggle and muffled screams from outside, a door slams, engines rev, and there is another shape in the room with me, one that wasn't here before.
Dawn reflects off of steel as I turn, but the Hunter is already on me, driving me back, his blade blurring and humming as he slashes, tendrils of electricity crawling across its surface. I have time to think of how careless I was as the Hunter sends me sprawling over a chair with a deep gash across my arm. My head slams against something solid as I hit the floor, muddling my thoughts and blurring my vision. I can see my blood splattered across the wall, across her paintings and portraits, rivulets of crimson crawling down towards the floor, some staining her bed, her empty bed...All I wanted was to protect her, and now...this.

The hunter straddles over me, electric blade in hand, chuckling beneath his mask.

[and then]

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to First this [and then]... 2014-06-03 18:07:42

and I pray you stop makeing stupid little jokes and writeing stupid little stories unless they are seriously funny

Baby to the Head

-=eXpectWaves=-

XthreetwoloveX