00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow

18,568 Views | 33 Replies
Respond to this Topic

This past week I made two posts (1, 2) highlighting all of the (published) NATA entrants. Due to the massive turnout and high quality, the tournament has been expanded to 36 slots!

There's one person who didn't enter NATA this year but voiced a ton of movies and totally needs the spotlight:

Chongo!

I really really really recommend following the voice artists on animations you like, because they are a big part of why you like them. They also collab with tons of unknown animators.

To follow someone, click the pink heart next to their name or at the top of their user page. BTW there was a bug where the heart graphic wasn't updating when you click it - liljim just fixed that! Also, when you favorite someone from their user page, the number FINALLY increments in real-time. SO SATISFYING.

Here are some non-NATA participants who shared great stuff with us this week. Please follow the ones you like!

Johnopotamus published a charming music video.

I totally remember one of his previous movies, The Knight Life. It made front page in 2013 but could still use more views and reviews.

Bill-Premo still hasn't hit 1000 fans so I need to keep mentioning him!

tristious man... He had some big hits in 2012 but got passed over a lot in 2013. Can't let that happen again.

cburdett has two movies on NG. His first was in 2007, his second was this week.

xaolan has a bunch of art on NG and just uploaded her second movie. Wonderful stuff!

TaraGraphics made some great sci-fi. Also check out "A Tale of Woe" from 2012.

IAMNinechecker animated a... saggy spider, wanna see?

mdelaut has been making fun actiony movies!

Finally, Pico Day winner CRLproductions shared an older animation that was yet to be published on NG:

Remember to follow the people you like! It means a lot to them!

Some plugs to wrap things up:

Please help Keep Beast's Fury Going! Beast's Fury is an upcoming fighting game, NG legend Evil-Dog is the programmer.

Also why not help Greenlight Lakeview Cabin on Steam? You can play the original on NG:

Are you a writer? There's a new Writer's Guild of Newgrounds starting up!

If you missed it, Throwback Thursday happened in the General forum this week.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 12:51:28

Follow CabbageClock for Celebrity gossip and baking recipes.

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 12:55:12

At 5/30/14 12:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: This past week I made two posts (1, 2) highlighting all of the (published) NATA entrants. Due to the massive turnout and high quality, the tournament has been expanded to 36 slots!

That's awesome news. Last year's NATA had so much great stuff. Didn't get around to check this year's entries yet.

I really really really recommend following the voice artists on animations you like, because they are a big part of why you like them. They also collab with tons of unknown animators.

Finally someone who gives our precious voice actors... a voice.

To follow someone, click the pink heart next to their name or at the top of their user page. BTW there was a bug where the heart graphic wasn't updating when you click it - liljim just fixed that! Also, when you favorite someone from their user page, the number FINALLY increments in real-time. SO SATISFYING.

It's the little things, right? Satisfying is the perfect description. Thanks to liljim, my OCD acts up a little less now.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 14:26:53

At 5/30/14 12:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, when you favorite someone from their user page, the number FINALLY increments in real-time.

This is all I've ever wanted, thanks liljim.

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 14:32:24

ah, but did you die?

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 15:52:38

At 5/30/14 12:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: There's one person who didn't enter NATA this year but voiced a ton of movies and totally needs the spotlight:

Chongo!

OH MAN! Thank you very much for the mention! Means a lot to see it!

And all these other people are cool, so definitely follow some of them first!

E

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 18:22:27

Side note: you did not mention all Nata entries

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 21:47:18

The writers guild sounds interesting! I might just learn some new tricks there.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 22:09:10

Don't follow me, guys

More of my art stuff: LINK

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-30 22:48:43

That's really cool your doing that Tom!

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 00:29:43

Hey Tom, whenever I try to add a movie to my favorites, it shows the checkmark on the heart, but never actually adds it to my favorites. This is for anything - music, flash, art.

No!

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 01:59:28

Thanks for the shoutout Tom!

We are looking for amazing writers, readers, lyricists, screenwriters, all of the above: for our guild.
If you have talent or would like to learn a trick or two we would be happy to have you.

This is a community that will grow exponentially in the coming weeks. Our guild is fun. We have competitions and projects that would keep anybody occupied, but it is all optional. The one thing I can promise is that you will not join our guild and be bored with our agenda. We are a true team looking to improve on our strengths to make them into talents. We are teaching valuable lessons in writing - working and growing every day.
No matter how much somebody thinks they know about writing; there are always ways millions of ways to improve.

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.

So come on. Dive into eternity.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 04:26:54

Scared Turtle looks cute. lol.

filler text

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 05:23:04

The follow button was broke?

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 05:38:00

Good news on that follow-button fix... and a lot of good stuff by great people, as always!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 05:40:45

At 5/31/14 05:23 AM, UFO3240 wrote: The follow button was broke?

I didn't notice it either.
Anyway, all these interesting people, but not enough time...

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 05:56:01

Haha man, Lakeview Cabin was so cool, that stuff on steam is CRAY CRAY. They gots my vote!

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 06:03:48

The first one I probably will watch is "suck my nuts" I will make that a priority.

filler text

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 09:52:10

Holy shit the results are in!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 17:14:46

How can I submit work here?

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-05-31 19:16:30

At 5/30/14 06:22 PM, CoolDrMoney wrote: Side note: you did not mention all Nata entries

This.

TIME IS VERY SHORT, SO DON'T STEP ON IT!

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-01 10:08:14

I am getting things pop up in my "Latest From Your Favorites" who I didn't even add to my favorites. They tend to be things that are on the fp already as well. No real biggie but just thought id let you all know in case you wanted to fix that OK WELL BYE NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-01 12:35:57

Wow this site has become a phenomena since I use to get on in the early 2003. I can't wait to get back into the community and show some love.

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-01 17:37:38

The real-time tracking of followers really is surprisingly satisfying.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 09:47:58

Bill Premo's the man! Great follow!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 11:24:32

At 5/30/14 06:22 PM, CoolDrMoney wrote: Side note: you did not mention all Nata entries

WTF how did I miss putting yours in there? Now I gotta do a follow-up - is that the only one I missed? I thought I had it in there but looks like I don't.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 16:32:06

"Take Off" was AWESOME!!!!!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 17:01:03

well done the ertisements you tenacious jew. as if newgrounds didnt earn enough from advertisements and their games. dick

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 20:31:26

At 6/2/14 05:01 PM, timafuka wrote: well done the ertisements you tenacious jew. as if newgrounds didnt earn enough from advertisements and their games. dick

If you mean the plugs at the bottom of the post, those weren't paid plugs, they are community related.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Button Fix + People 2 Follow 2014-06-02 20:32:21

At 6/1/14 10:08 AM, Blordow wrote: I am getting things pop up in my "Latest From Your Favorites" who I didn't even add to my favorites. They tend to be things that are on the fp already as well. No real biggie but just thought id let you all know in case you wanted to fix that OK WELL BYE NOW

That might be the bug where if someone you follow is a beta tester, it shows up in your feed. The whole feed system has a redo launching soonish.

BBS Signature