00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LilSisSyd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do I write stories ?

456 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do I write stories ? 2014-05-15 18:23:41

How do I write stories ?

Response to How do I write stories ? 2014-05-15 21:49:55

At 5/15/14 06:23 PM, madafuckindude wrote: How do I write stories ?

Express an idea by putting it on paper.
Write any kind of story. Write about how your dog died, or how Obama became President.
Or make a story up.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I write stories ? 2014-05-16 16:42:45

You can even try writing down your own thoughts on paper and then maybe structure it a bit later, it's a fun exercise, but it is a bit slow, dunno, worked for me.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I write stories ? 2014-05-24 14:37:29

Sometimes, it's a good idea to give your character a goal. Here's an example.

Turtley the turtle really needs to cross the road. His goal is to get across that road. There are turtle drinks and turtlehoes on the other side.

There, now Turtley has a goal. Your job as a writer is to try and help your character solve that goal, but also to create obstacles they have to overcome. Here's another example.

Turtley wanted to cross the road, but the steel boxes kept racing by. Some of them moved away when they saw him, some stayed close. He could feel the pull of the wind as they passed by, and new that being struck by one would mean death.

Now, Turtley has something he has to overcome in progress to his goal. Now, as a writer you just figure out how he can overcome those obstacles to reach his goal. Sometimes, they achieve their goals, and sometimes they do not. That is up to you.

Very basically, create a character and give that character a goal. Give your character obstacles to overcome in pursuit of their goal. Decide whether they achieve their goal or not.

Hope this helps. The most important thing to do, however, is to stop thinking about it and just start writing. The ten bad stories you write will be worth the one good one you make. Good luck!

Turtley is not copyrighted. Have at 'em.

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to How do I write stories ? 2014-05-29 03:04:45

A story should have a beginning, a rising action, a climax, a falling action, and a conclusion