00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer.

1,420 Views | 27 Replies

Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 14:35:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_n5KlcVfg

Doesn't look as bad as I feared, but still doesn't look that great.

At least they aren't shitting on the entire concept, like the Smurfs movies.

I see there is a new female character who's just there for the sake of having a female character.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 14:46:03

All Dreamworks 3D films are getting shit. When I saw Turbo, I knew they steeply went downhill.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 15:29:53

how could they take a side feature from the frigging rocky and bullwinkle show (which got turned into a POS movie, as well as dudley do-right, another POS)
and turn it into a fully animated feature film? This is one of those things where if you know who peabody and sherman are, you're a bit mortified as to what they turned them into, otherwise you're thinking "is this some thing about brian and stewie griffin?"

And why does everything have to be this computerized graphics? dosen't anyone draw shit anymore?

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 15:41:59

At 10/26/13 03:29 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
And why does everything have to be this computerized graphics? dosen't anyone draw shit anymore?

I guess because frame-by-frame animation is a fucking ordeal and a half. I'd still really like to see some more movies use it, though.

At 10/26/13 02:46 PM, TowelMarket wrote: All Dreamworks 3D films are getting shit. When I saw Turbo, I knew they steeply went downhill.

With the exception of How To Train Your Dragon, Dreamworks' animated movies have always been like the name-brand version of Disney Pixar movies.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 17:07:03

It wasn't to terrible considering that the Rocky and Bullwrinkle's Peabody and sherman were made like 53 years ago ,I'm glad to see that those two aren't out of character for the most part accept with the love interest/friend...

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 17:14:33

Was Mr. Peabody supposed to be Sherman's dad in the cartoon?

I don't remember them ever really explaining the relationship.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 17:16:13

At 10/26/13 02:35 PM, Darthdenim wrote: At least they aren't shitting on the entire concept, like the Smurfs movies.

Smurfs wasn't good? I still haven't watched that one.. this looks entertaining! Never heard of the characters though so however it turns out I'll probably like it.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 17:17:19

I just hope Mr. Peabody says "Quiet, you!", to Sherman at some point in the movie.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 17:28:31

This doesn't bad at all. I hope this doesn't launch a reboot of the series. That would be awful.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 19:03:56

At 10/26/13 05:14 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Was Mr. Peabody supposed to be Sherman's dad in the cartoon?

I don't remember them ever really explaining the relationship.

Well in the first short It's shown that Sherman is in ownership with Peabody much like how humans are to pets.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2013-10-26 19:43:17

Oh silly Dreamworks, you lost all hope with Madagascar 3, didn't you?

This is a sig you dumbass.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-04 21:35:20

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mr_peabody_and_sherman/

Wow, it's getting really decent reviews so far.

Maybe this will be good after all.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-04 22:07:11

At 10/26/13 03:29 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: how could they take a side feature from the frigging rocky and bullwinkle show (which got turned into a POS movie, as well as dudley do-right, another POS)
and turn it into a fully animated feature film? This is one of those things where if you know who peabody and sherman are, you're a bit mortified as to what they turned them into, otherwise you're thinking "is this some thing about brian and stewie griffin?"

Yes these are characters from shorts from Rocky and Bullwinkle. The Rocky and Bullwinkle movie wasn't bad. Dudley-Do-Right was bad. I think this is gonna be pretty good and although I'm not too fond of the kid's voice for Sherman I do say that Peabody's voice is wonderful.

Also the reason why every animated movie is with computer graphics is because audiences prefer computer graphics over 2D now. Disney has decided to stop making 2D feature length films (making Winnie-The-Pooh the last one). There may be a pining for the days of 2D, but not now. I blame Pixar.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-04 22:10:35

I thought Alfred Molina was pretty funny in Dudley Do-Right.

He and Eric Idle made that movie tolerable.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-04 22:12:09

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-05 01:09:49

I would probably see it if it wasn't in 3d. I haven't liked any 3d animated films since Shrek.
I'll stick to Miyazaki's films for now.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-05 02:10:44

They should make a Fractured Fairy Tales short to open it.

At 3/5/14 01:09 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I haven't liked any 3d animated films since Shrek.

Dude, do you realize what has come out since that movie?

Finding Nemo
the Incredibles
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Wreck-It Ralph
Paranorman
Despicable Me 1 and 2

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-05 02:18:52

At 3/5/14 02:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: They should make a Fractured Fairy Tales short to open it.

At 3/5/14 01:09 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I haven't liked any 3d animated films since Shrek.

Finding Nemo
the Incredibles
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Wreck-It Ralph
Paranorman
Despicable Me 1 and 2

Have you seen Paranorman? I haven't, so I'm wondering if it's really any good or not. I haven't even heard any reviews for it.
I haven't also seen either Despicable Me movie, or TS3 either, but all the others on that list I really liked, as well as TS 1-2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (it wasn't fantastic, but surprisingly good. Better than I thought, but still a little cliche).

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-05 02:23:23

At 3/5/14 02:18 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 3/5/14 02:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: They should make a Fractured Fairy Tales short to open it.

Finding Nemo
the Incredibles
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Wreck-It Ralph
Paranorman
Despicable Me 1 and 2
Have you seen Paranorman? I haven't, so I'm wondering if it's really any good or not. I haven't even heard any reviews for it.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

I haven't also seen either Despicable Me movie, or TS3 either,

Both Despicable Me movies are pretty good. Toy Story 3 is great.

but all the others on that list I really liked, as well as TS 1-2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (it wasn't fantastic, but surprisingly good. Better than I thought, but still a little cliche).

Oh yeah, I forgot about Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Not bad. I haven't seen the second one, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-07 23:04:13

At 3/5/14 02:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Finding Nemo

I totally forgot about finding nemo. All the other tho, I don't really care for :/

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-08 00:50:01

It looks good based on Rotten Tomatoes, I might chance it if I'm bored one day.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-08 00:58:29

At 3/5/14 02:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Dude, do you realize what has come out since that movie?

Finding Nemo

Good

the Incredibles

Very good

Ratatouille

Only vaguely remember not disliking it.

WALL-E

Not seen.

Up

Not seen.

Toy Story 3

Also very good.

Wreck-It Ralph

Deeply enjoyed it, although after the fiftieth time my (at the time 4 year old) brother watched it I was a bit over it.

Paranorman

Not seen.

Despicable Me 1 and 2

Only seen parts of either, but it was enjoyable.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was also quite excellent. Only seen the ending of #2, so I can't say.

It seems Dreamworks/Disney/Pixar is still putting out some good movies, although some of them...

We'll not speak of them.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-08 01:32:50

At 3/8/14 12:50 AM, Boomstick wrote: It looks good based on Rotten Tomatoes, I might chance it if I'm bored one day.

Dude, give it a chance period. I truly believe this is gonna be a really great movie! Then again I grew up watching Rocky & Bullwinkle and Peabody's Improbable History.

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-08 11:09:20

When I saw the trailers, I didn't think it would be too bad. I was amazed at how it has a 92% on RottenTomatoes, but now it's gone down to 77%. This means it's lower than "Bridge To Terabithia" which the Nostalgia Critic found to be a better movie to bash than all the Seltzer and Friedberg movies, so I imagine it's going to be truly awful.

Honestly, I think it could be good. The next 300 film will probably be okay.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-08 14:31:38

At 3/8/14 11:09 AM, Ericho wrote: When I saw the trailers, I didn't think it would be too bad. I was amazed at how it has a 92% on RottenTomatoes, but now it's gone down to 77%. This means it's lower than "Bridge To Terabithia" which the Nostalgia Critic found to be a better movie to bash than all the Seltzer and Friedberg movies, so I imagine it's going to be truly awful.

Did you read the reviews though?

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-09 11:16:36

At 3/8/14 02:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Did you read the reviews though?

Well, that's what the Nostalgia Critic taught me. Moron.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-09 19:06:09

I'm not sure if it applies to this particular movie since I haven't seen it, but does anyone else think computer animated graphics movies tend to be completely lacking in the plot department? Like if it was the same exact movie but in traditional form (either cartoon or live action) no one would care but everyone praises it if it's computer-animated somehow?

Movies that are highly praised but which I thought were just incredibly average were the Toy Story and Shrek movies for example.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Mr. Peabody and Sherman trailer. 2014-03-15 11:32:31

Just wanted to say that I saw the movie and it was a decent film. While not as good as the Lego Movie (how COULD it be?) still worth checking out. I'm a guy who knows a lot about history and I appreciated all the stuff they got wrong. They're right, BTW, George Washington chopping down a cherry tree is just an urban legend and Marie Antionette was misquoted on her "let them eat cake" phrase.