00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

orc advice please

580 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

orc advice please 2013-08-21 04:28:11

im working on a new pic and its the first time ive drawn an orc . could i have advice please on the best way to color it. are they always green? and am i right in thinking orc teeth are an off yellow?

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 04:59:02

Orcs don't exist, draw them however you want.

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 05:00:48

At 8/21/13 04:59 AM, M-Vero wrote: Orcs don't exist, draw them however you want

sorry for trying to join in

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 05:09:45

At 8/21/13 05:00 AM, Darthmarius wrote:

He's right you know.No need to pull off that attitude,mate.Orcs are fantasy based creatures and it's your choice on whether you follow the classical green muscular stereotype we have all seen or try to illustrate them in whole new way we haven't seen.Sheesh

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 06:26:43

At 8/21/13 05:00 AM, Darthmarius wrote:

Join in what?
Would you rather I belt out some textbook definition from some kind of Warcraft bestiary?

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 06:28:41

At 8/21/13 04:28 AM, Darthmarius wrote: could i have advice please on the best way to color it.

as already said, fantasy creatures are down to personal preferences... normally they originate from the first time you are introduced to said creature.

the best way to get ideas is to use Google image search, here is a handful of results...

as you can see your stereotypical Orc has green - light grey skin, large lower teeth that protrude in snarly ugly face.

as fas as this thread goes, a simple image search or bit of research done by yourself would have given you sufficient information for your drawing, I'm not stating that this thread is useless, it just seems like there was easier and quicker ways to get the results you were after.

orc advice please

BBS Signature

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 09:20:22

yes thank you i did look for myself but as im new to this site i was trying to start a new conversation and swap ideas. well i guess i know better now , ill just draw and shut the hell up.

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 09:49:50

At 8/21/13 09:20 AM, Darthmarius wrote: yes thank you i did look for myself but as im new to this site i was trying to start a new conversation and swap ideas. well i guess i know better now , ill just draw and shut the hell up.

if you want to swap ideas or create conversations... pop over to the Art forum lounge or see if there is anyone in the Art group activities chat room at that time.

if that's still not what you are looking for and just want to post some of your artwork, make your own "Darthmarius art thread" and share your creations, there's already a few active ones in this forum to give you an idea what I mean.

BBS Signature

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 10:20:49

At 8/21/13 09:20 AM, Darthmarius wrote: yes thank you i did look for myself but as im new to this site i was trying to start a new conversation and swap ideas.

Pretty much what everybody else said that there is no definitive Orc. You can discuss loads of ideas, but none of them will be 100% right. Sometimes fresh thinking delivers better results.

If you want to share ideas, lets do it ARTISTICALLY! Draw your own orc concept, and encourage people to show their own orcish ideas in picture form.

BBS Signature

Response to orc advice please 2013-08-21 13:37:44

fine will do that