00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Will Never Understand Console Fps

1,222 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I will never understand how people can play first person shooters on consoles.
Why aim with a controller when you can aim with a mouse?!

I see the convenience of controllers when it comes to other games but FPS... no!

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-15 21:16:45

At 4/15/13 09:08 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Some people prefer controllers over keyboard and mouse. Shocking, I know.

Yeah, but it's an innately crippling system, you need aim-assist, sticky-aim, and 60fps to make it playable. :/

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-15 21:26:11

At 4/15/13 09:07 PM, arcadeboredom wrote: I will never understand how people can play first person shooters on consoles.

Because consoles dont support a keyboard and mouse.
Why the fuck else?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-15 21:49:03

At 4/15/13 09:26 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 4/15/13 09:07 PM, arcadeboredom wrote: I will never understand how people can play first person shooters on consoles.
Because consoles dont support a keyboard and mouse.
Why the fuck else?

Actually they do. It's the games that don't support a keyboard and mouse. I know Dust 514 can be played with a keyboard and mouse.

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-15 22:54:22

What's this? People... enjoy and have adapted to things that others haven't? What madness is this?!

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-15 23:35:27

Controllers have their uses; they are good platforming-game conduits, and they make great replacements for racing games and fighting games.

FPS is just whatever experience you want to get from the game I think.

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 00:25:18

Simple really, A console is much cheaper, doesn't require an annual update, easy as balls to use, almost no maintenance, it's the fast food of gaming man, and people eat that shit up. Convenience is always in style. FPS's are one of the most bought games for consoles, people like me who have been playing console for almost a decade now could probably kick your ass with a controller. There's no denying the utility of a key board and mouse, and in RPGs and such, that's really really useful but when really all you need is quick reaction time, moving/crouching sticks, and a trigger to shoot with, a controller is the best you can have man.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 01:08:36

At 4/16/13 12:29 AM, Travis wrote:
At 4/15/13 09:16 PM, MintPaw wrote:
At 4/15/13 09:08 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Some people prefer controllers over keyboard and mouse. Shocking, I know.
Yeah, but it's an innately crippling system, you need aim-assist, sticky-aim, and 60fps to make it playable. :/
HOLY FUCKING SHIT PEOPLE LIKE SOMETHING THAT IS "INFERIOR"!!!!!!!!!! STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

Mhm, so it's inferior, got it.

It's called preference... It was stated in the first reply.

Yeah, preference has to do with it to.

This topic is stupid, keyboard & mouse VS controller, comes down to one issue: PERSONAL PREFERENCE

Oh, so we're back down to one issue again? What happened to inferior?

Topic over.

Topic over yourself, it has to do with both preference and superiority both I could play an fps with a one button controller, I might even prefer it, but it's not the superior method, so I'm not going to do it. When playing a competitive game like most FPSs you should lean towards the most effective methods of play.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 01:13:01

Because people want to play the game? It may come as a surprise to you but most people don't care about controls and just want to play the game. Console controls are fine and they do their job, it doesn't matter what slight advanatage keyboard and mouse will give you in some situation most of the time there is little difference.

I mean I played an RTS on console then played the PC version, and there really wasn't that much of a difference in terms of controls and I found they control about equally.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 01:25:09

Controllers are not necessarily inferior and I absolutely hate the argument of controllers vs keyboard + mouse.

There are never any positives to these threads and they only exist to fuck with users. In my opinion just a shitty ruse for PC master race bullshittery.

Elitists always say controllers suck, personally I've been playing games since I was younger and are used to the controller, they dont particularly have a disadvantage. Everyone is on equal playing ground since everyone is using a controller so gameplay isn't crippled and balance isn't affected.
A mouse is better for aiming, but 'better' in comparison is irrelevant, again, equal ground. For everyone. And in the end thats all that really matters isn't it?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 02:23:20

The reason I play newer FPS games on my Xbox 360 is because my computer is shitty and I can't afford a good enough computer for the games. FPS games from 2005 and earlier usually play very well on my computer.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 06:04:09

I guess some people have gotten really good at aiming with the sticks.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 07:15:50

I've played a bunch of console FPS that played just fine. It's not like aiming is completely undoable with a controller. Admittedly though, those games were console exclusives. For FPS that are ported to both PC and consoles I suppose the PC version will usually have the best controls.

Still, some people simply prefer to have a controller in their hands. Keyboard controls can be a bit awkward as well sometimes.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 08:18:25

Oh look, people prefer something that I don't, and because I don't like it, it makes absolutely no sense that they want to use it because I'm the self-important mastermind who the world revolves around.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 17:10:47

Woah woah woah, do you even fighting stick?

Bitch please, I''ll play my street fighter old school!

God I miss my cabinet, R.I.P. street fighter cabinet.

I Will Never Understand Console Fps

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 17:19:06

Idk, for Call of Duty, it's ok, but for Counter-Strike, it's not.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-16 22:58:00

At 4/16/13 07:15 AM, Auz wrote: stuff

Man, the mods must be getting soft these days. In the before times, "this vs. that" threads got locked immediately, because no actual debate ever happened, and they just devolved into pointless flame wars, somewhat like this thread here.

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 02:45:05

I never play console fps but this one time when the Halo Reach beta came out I played it on the xbox 360 and I was slaughtering everyone.

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 13:01:03

Both controller and mouse are good for me for First Person Shooters, all it takes to get used to either one is just to spend some time playing some shooters

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 15:57:05

Why is that still taboo. Everybody and their mother knows the benefits of a mouse in FPS, but a controller feels more comfortable to some. In other words it works for them. We already had this argument before, when people would get controllers for their PC FPS games, before Goldeneye 007 came along on the N64.

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 19:37:28

Some of us don't have the option of playing them on the PC.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 22:10:56

Topic over yourself, it has to do with both preference and superiority both I could play an fps with a one button controller, I might even prefer it, but it's not the superior method, so I'm not going to do it. When playing a competitive game like most FPSs you should lean towards the most effective methods of play.

I hate these comments that dissect every part of another post, although I would like to add that consoles are much simpler and some people don't understand these new fangled fancy-schmancy personal computing devices. Consoles are essentially plug in and play and while a lot of people have gotten with the times and figured out computers, there's still a lot of people that are too lazy, don't think they can handle the maintenance and cost or just by preference don't want to deal with a computer. That would also explain the inordinate amount of pre-pubescent squeekers on consoles, especially the FPS.

Tarkus is dead.

There is no god.

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Never Understand Console Fps 2013-04-17 22:20:40

My controller is an extension of myself in the game. I look my thumb follows. You look your mouse follows. See the connection yet?

Too kind he was. It was unfortunate he was a good pawn.