00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions

2,123 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 00:13:39

What are some of the hardest missions in Grand Theft Auto?

Pretty much any mission in San Andreas that requires the manual aim of a gun while being immobile pisses me off. It's fine if you can actually control CJ's movement, but if you are stuck in place or are in a vehicle, it's not. That computer version doesn't have this problem because the mouse aims the gun instead of an analog stick. The worst one I have played yet is Air Raid. In that mission you are required to shoot down Berkley's planes before they drop bombs and blow up Zero's transmitters. There is one fatal problem: it's hard as fuck to hit them with an analog stick. There's just something about the analog stick on a PlayStation 2 controller that sucks when it comes to accuracy. When I play missions where you have to manually aim on the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV, I have no problem. That mission would be so much easier if there was an aim assist on the console versions.

I'm about halfway done with the story of San Andreas right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 00:53:55

remote controlled plane...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 01:47:51

I have the hardest time with missions that involve street races honestly. How I chase people down in missions usually involves ramming into them or shooting up their vehicle, not so much legit racing.

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 04:09:44

I had a hard time with the toy helicopter mission which you get from Avery in Vice City. Though probably I was just shit at it back then, because it isn't so hard now.

Also, there was a mission in San Andreas, where you had to chase an airplane and hi-jack it. Was pretty difficult to catch up to it.

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 04:19:12

At 2/21/13 12:53 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: remote controlled plane...

Zero's missions made me want to tear my face off.

thankfully the missions at the show are optional

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 05:55:41

At 2/21/13 04:19 AM, HighWay wrote: show

wooops. i meant to say shop

i need to proof read more.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 06:02:46

Any mission involving you chasing a car!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 06:32:59

^This one^

Seriously, Zero's missions are some of the hardest and most annoying ones I've done in all the GTA games I've played (which, admittedly, is still limited to Vice City and San Andreas). Especially the remote controlled plane one is annoying as hell, because it's really hard to actually get the plane to fly the direction you want it to, to navigate in between the buildings and to get your aim right. The one with the mini-helicopter was also pretty frustrating, but not as frustrating as the one in Vice City.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 15:33:01

I used to always have a hard time racing Hilary in Vince City. I could never beat that guy then one day I got lucky. He drove his car into the corner of two buildings and didn't reverse out. If it wasn't for that, I'm not sure I'd have ever beaten him back then.

I've not tried racing him for many years though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 16:00:40

At 2/21/13 12:13 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: That computer version doesn't have this problem because the mouse aims the gun instead of an analog stick.

That's one of the reasons I pretty much never play FPS games on other consoles than PC, it's much easier to move and aim simultaneously when you can use each hand for a separate purpose. But maybe that's a matter of habit...

San Andreas was the easiest game in the trilogy. I hated III and 3 for the fact that you could drown, since a lot of missions tended to end up in the water. Cars exploded rather suddenly in GTA 3 too, some missions were difficult just because gangs would blow up the vehicle when you drove by, especially when you were driving by in a slow moving episode-specific vehicle. I can't really remember any tough missions in GTA SA, but in GTA 3... I can't remember any easy ones. :D

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 16:53:19

Zero's RC shop were probably the most difficult set of missions I've ever played in a GTA game, considering that the controls of the plane are either touchy or stiff to fully control, not to mention that they can't take much damage before blowing up. At least the RC mission in Vice City was a little more forgiving because the Cuban boats stayed in a loop and the controls weren't as bad.

I would also put the race with Hilary in Vice City and the aptly named Grand Theft Auto with the Yakuza in III up there as well, considering that you have to be perfect with the execution and timing and have a lot of luck involved more so than skill.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 16:59:39

The only mission I really had a tough time with was the last mission from San Andreas, I was on the 4th grade when I was playing that and it took me like 5-6 hours. I also played the PC one version later and I found it much harder because the controls weren't as good.

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 21:19:23

The last mission on GTA3, it probably wasn't hard on PC, but on an iPhone, man, it's impossible!

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 22:37:51

Driving school in san andreas.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 22:40:17

What he said.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-21 23:25:57

"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

Needless to say, I didn't feel one damn bit of remorse for "smoking" that fucker.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-22 00:21:04

The final mission in San Andreas.

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest Grand Theft Auto Missions 2013-02-22 02:03:19

At 2/21/13 11:25 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: "All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"

Needless to say, I didn't feel one damn bit of remorse for "smoking" that fucker.

I had a lot of problems with that mission. The only problem with that is that Smoke doesn't shoot more than half the time when he has the chance. When I played that mission on my current file on my PS2, I beat the mission before you go into the tunnel.

At 2/21/13 10:37 PM, satanbrain wrote: Driving school in san andreas.

I always have trouble with some of the parts of it. I hated the last one where you had to drive to one part of the city and drive back to the driving school. The car was always sliding around and when you stop moving, even for a split second, you fail.

At 2/22/13 12:21 AM, xCum wrote: The final mission in San Andreas.

Whenever I played that mission, I cheated. I always cheated on Grand Theft Auto games. Now, I don't cheat. I got through half of San Andreas without cheating. I have no idea how I will be able to do that mission on the PS2 without cheating. I probably will fuck up a lot at the part where you are in a moving car shooting enemies. The part where you are in the building will be hard too, but at least you can target enemies.

At 2/21/13 09:19 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: The last mission on GTA3, it probably wasn't hard on PC, but on an iPhone, man, it's impossible!

I can't control the vehicles for shit on the iOS version.

BBS Signature