00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bottled Water vs Tap Water

3,803 Views | 51 Replies

Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 19:01:18

Ewgh, tap water's so gross. And making Kool-Aid with it leaves this white residue on the top while the powder mixes. And there's all this controversy about the germs that dwell in tap water.

...but living on bottled water is just so prudish. Yes, it looks cleaner and I always see interviewees carrying them, but how would you respond if you were at a friend's house and saw their basement filled with Poland Springs.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 19:04:08

Most bottled water is worse than tap water, so like, give it up right there sonny

But then I am fortunate to have really good tap water - it's just actually really nice

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 19:07:45

At 1/22/13 07:01 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: Ewgh, tap water's so gross. And making Kool-Aid with it leaves this white residue on the top while the powder mixes. And there's all this controversy about the germs that dwell in tap water.

I've used tap water to make Kool Aid for years and I've never had this problem

...but living on bottled water is just so prudish. Yes, it looks cleaner and I always see interviewees carrying them, but how would you respond if you were at a friend's house and saw their basement filled with Poland Springs.

It depends on who bottles it. Dasani tastes like crap.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 19:11:56

I use a water filter...

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 22:43:43

Tap water is better for you then Bottled water. Tap water is regulated and tested for crap every few hours or so a day. Bottled water is tested when it first opens a plant and maybe once or twice a year.

I used to test water when I was selling Water Purification systems and the TDS in bottle water is way higher then tap water.

Try to get used to the taste of tap water. Or just put some in a glass or jug in the fridge and let all the chlorine evaporate from it might make you like the taste better.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 22:50:16

Bottled water is gross. I drink the tap water.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 22:51:36

Watch the Penn and Teller:Bullshit episode about bottled water.

Here.

It's just tap water in a bottle.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 22:53:51

I always felt like tap water was ok. But it usually tastes a little off. Mostly cause it's usually warm. I like bottled water because of its convenience, and because it's nice and cold.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 22:59:40

At 1/22/13 07:07 PM, kisame wrote:
At 1/22/13 07:01 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: Ewgh, tap water's so gross. And making Kool-Aid with it leaves this white residue on the top while the powder mixes. And there's all this controversy about the germs that dwell in tap water.
I've used tap water to make Kool Aid for years and I've never had this problem

It depends on who bottles it. Dasani tastes like crap.

In my experience, the quality of tap water depends heavily on where you live.

I used to live at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains in North Georiga/South Tennessee by the Tennessee River.
The tap water that came out of the faucet was damn near flawless - it didn't have a significant taste to it and was very clean.

I've recently, however; moved to Central Florida - and to summarize my thoughts. The tap water here taste like liquid assholes being pumped through my pipes. The sheer amount of Fluoride and Sulfur is insane. It tastes so god damn bad.

Personally, Me and the Mrs shelled out $100~ for one of those Water Coolers you see in office buildings - and we have 5-gallon water bottles delivered to our apartment. Best choice we've made, having good water is important for cooking or anything that involves water hitting your tongue.

For those of you looking for the freshest water that doesn't come from the North/South Pole - Well water is the cleanest shit you'll find. When you go into the mountains, in very rural areas. A lot of people up there don't have city plumbing, they have wells that pump water out of their back yard.

The water that those things pumps is clean as can be.

TL;DR Tap water sucks depending on where you live, fresh water is nice.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 23:02:01

I prefer tap water. It's cheaper, and I don't like how half of tap water tastes.

I went to a eco-panel where they mentioned the "some bottled water is actually just tap water" fact. They also mentioned how tap water has stricter regulations than bottled water (especially if the bottled water is not sold over state lines). I believe this was due to different governing bodies regulating each one.

Or something like that...

I made a short story about a Penguin who goes fishing. It's like Peter and the Wolf, but more self-critical.

Listen!

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 23:07:20

My tap water sucks cock, if you leave a little in the sink (as in 2-4 ml) overnight, it'll all be white residue by the morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-22 23:23:05

At 1/22/13 07:08 PM, Chemich wrote: I've got a filter on my kitchen sink's tap (works very nicely might I add,) so I really don't have to worry about polluted water. Honestly, I drink tap water anyways to make sure I can stay immune to whatever is in it. Gotta test your immune system, right?

There's nothing in tap water that's going to hurt you assuming your supply lines are up to code or your water supply hasn't been tampered with. The main benefit of having a filtration system for your tap water is that it can make it taste less chlorinated, but it's not filtering any dangerous contaminants since your water is already potable before it even reaches your house.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 00:53:28

Tap water here is fine so I drink it up.

Bottled water is such a fucking con in most places.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 00:54:32

My tap water comes out yellow sometimes, someone must be pissing in our local water supply

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 15:07:25

I drink tap water nearly everyday and have only bought bottled water once because it was hot i was on a bus and havent had water nearly all day and couldnt get it otherwise.

I dont like bottled water because why should i buy something i can get for free or cheaper in bigger amounts?

But i do understand why there is bottled water and can see other places where its probably usefull since not everyone have clean tap water.

Butthole

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 15:18:19

At 1/22/13 07:03 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: The only bottled water I drink is the fizzy Perrier stuff which has lime or grapefruit mixed in.
I don't buy water that is identical to the water I get from my tap because I'm not a gym-attending iPhone-twiddling fuckbag.

I like Perrier as well, I can only drink that and not soda. I wish I could have it all the time, but it's too damn expensive.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 15:22:32

well ther b is floride in yto tap water destroying your pineal gland the msot important gland in your body fucking dii idiot. yo, the bottle water in plastic bottle? has the fucking cancer cell in the product son. cant ya reason that they both bad but yoa shuld liv of a suply of both to make yo bitch ass body torelant to all the evil celsl in tour fuckery

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 15:32:55

I bottle my own water I can't trust anyone the government puts fluoride in the water that shit enables them to control your mind

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 16:47:18

Tap water tastes terrible but it's much better for you than bottled water. I only drink bottled water because they give me it for free with my meals.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 18:32:14

At 1/22/13 07:01 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: ...but living on bottled water is just so prudish. Yes, it looks cleaner and I always see interviewees carrying them, but how would you respond if you were at a friend's house and saw their basement filled with Poland Springs.

What about living off seltzer water and pomegranate juice, then?

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 19:15:07

Bottled Tears of Orphan Children!

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-23 22:21:04

Why pay a ridiculous amount more for the same water?

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 03:51:57

i only drink water that been filtered to contain 0-5ppm dissolved solids

the limit for nominera lbottled water is 300+

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 03:56:29

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 04:04:03

I live in the best place for water in my country. A couple years ago when I went outastate (a couple years ago because we're poor as fuck) the water tasted like garbage. I can see why buying water that doesn't taste like shit could be an attractive option in those areas.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 04:05:30

yah as long as it tastes good im down

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 04:44:35

I prefer non-tap water

I have a water cooler right behind me

I would only drink tap water if I was poor and couldn't afford something else to drink I barely even drink from my water cooler to be honest. Maybe only once or twice a week.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 04:50:38

At 1/24/13 04:44 AM, Halberd wrote: I prefer non-tap water

I have a water cooler right behind me

I would only drink tap water if I was poor and couldn't afford something else to drink I barely even drink from my water cooler to be honest. Maybe only once or twice a week.

Melbourne water is awesome. There's no reason to switch unless you like mineral water and can get it super cheap. Which I can and do sometimes.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 04:58:37

Tap water is safer because there are higher regulations on it than bottled water.

Get a purifier.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 05:06:41

At 1/24/13 04:59 AM, Sekhem wrote: bet it would change your mind

purifier

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature