00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's the problem with feminism?

3,939 Views | 66 Replies

What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:55:40

It seems like a lot of you guys are really pissed off at feminists.

To put it simply: Why? Is there something I'm not getting?

Women are still oppressed in many parts of the world (just look at the Middle East, for instance) and are often paid less than men in their jobs.

So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:59:18

At 1/20/13 12:55 AM, T3XT wrote: So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

Feminists are not interested in equal rights, they're interested in suppressing men under glorious dictatorship of the vagina.

Humanists are ok though.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:59:51

Hating an entire gender is stupid.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:00:07

I have a sense of humor.

this is a feminist book store, there is no humor section

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:01:09

because women are cunts.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:03:08

At 1/20/13 12:59 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Hating an entire gender is stupid.

From what I've seen, it's not about hating men so much as it is about standing up for women.

That's what I've seen, anyway

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:04:24

With any group there are assholes who are gonna come and be assholes in the name of something they don't fully grasp. I don't blind myself to the benefits or the negative qualities. I do support feminism and am proud to.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:18:09

I can understand some people disliking so-called feminists who are sexist against men but some people just don't like seeing others stand up for something or take pride in themselves. Those people don't want us all on the same level. They want us to go down to their sad level.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:24:58

PETA love animals and desire animals to have a nicer life. That sounds good. They do so by spreading hate and unfounded lies / altered truths towards zoos and even animal care homes and have been known to attack pet owners themselves claiming that humans are a scourge that should be wiped out.

Feminists are for better rights for females etc. And how do they go around doing that, what things do they claim and try to force....

Such groups are the same when it comes down to it even if one isn't as extreme as the other, they all want something good but have overly hate filled and vastly objective views which simply don't deserve any place in the world.

Feminists are especially bad when it comes to the ones that effectively want to make females the dominant sex and have more rights than males etc. As they are completely going against their own reason for existing as they clearly don't want equal rights they want to just change it around.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:30:00

Because like with every extremism there is extreme feminism and extreme feminists are batshit crazy

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:37:21

I think a lot of guys are actually confused about what feminism is actually.

If I just defend my sex about something I get called a feminist for it. Its that kind of attitude that makes me want to say fuck it to the male population but that would be over the top.

But yeah I understand that the men must die feminists are just in general not great people, but please don't let it undermine actual woman who are struggling to make a difference to the way they are treated by society. They do have a genuine case to fight.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:06:41

At 1/20/13 12:55 AM, T3XT wrote: So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

Because we aren't equal...

Women are favored a lot more than men as long as liberals continue to take over the world like they have been.

Remember that women that got accused of a crime against her boyfriend/husband and went to prison? Me either.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:11:55

At 1/20/13 02:09 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, Chemich wrote: To be honest we separate gender too much, humans are just initially stupid and childish (to most extents.)
Men are more childish than women, and yet women understand children better than men do.
Explain.

Men are happy and playful while woman are bitter because they have a head growing out their cunt.
Explain.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:15:34

Because they're obnoxious cunts.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:21:03

There's a difference between fighting for equal rights and trying to undermine an entire gender and writing off any people within the middle ground as brainwashed.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:24:30

Also, feminists back in the day definitely had the right idea fighting for equality, not "womens' rights". They went through a lot of bullshit for their cause, and it seems to me that many of them today (particularly Americans) tend to be imbeciles that don't even know what they stand for.

At 1/20/13 02:09 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, Chemich wrote: To be honest we separate gender too much, humans are just initially stupid and childish (to most extents.)
Men are more childish than women, and yet women understand children better than men do.
Explain.

I LOVE STEREOTYPES

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:29:26

At 1/20/13 02:26 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:24 AM, jjjkuk wrote: I LOVE STEREOTYPES
Generalisations and stereotypes are different things.

Thanks for your input though.

Coincidentally, I also had "AND GENERALISATION" on there, but I decided to cut it.

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:39:05

At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, mothballs wrote:

Women are favored a lot more than men as long as liberals continue to take over the world like they have been.

Same with those damn minorities. They gotta go.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 03:35:13

At 1/20/13 02:39 AM, JBK wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, mothballs wrote:

Same with those damn minorities. They gotta go.

The only minorities that seem to be heavily favored is blacks. If I say "black guy" everyone around me will point at me screaming racist. If I say "spanish guy" or "asian guy" there's no problem.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 05:40:18

Women are below me, bow down.
Except of course my friends are equals.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 06:05:03

At 1/20/13 03:35 AM, mothballs wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:39 AM, JBK wrote:
Same with those damn minorities.
The only minorities that seem to be heavily favored is blacks. If I say "black guy" everyone around me will point at me screaming racist. If I say "spanish guy" or "asian guy" there's no problem.

Everyone knows it was the puerto rican guy.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 07:26:41

Feminism is about making it easier for women to do things that they couldn't do before. But some women want too much.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 07:28:07

There are some militant women who take it too far, but any group who's been repressed for years does that - we have to accept that repurcussion. However, to declare all femenists idiots is fucking idiotic in itself, because these problems are not yet fixed.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 07:34:36

At 1/20/13 07:26 AM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: But some women want too much.

you know what we want <3

I'm Provoke's alt. When she wants to be dirty, rude, and vulgar, she cums to me. Kisses, sweetheart <3

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 07:42:58

At 1/20/13 12:55 AM, T3XT wrote: It seems like a lot of you guys are really pissed off at feminists.

To put it simply: Why? Is there something I'm not getting?

Women are still oppressed in many parts of the world (just look at the Middle East, for instance) and are often paid less than men in their jobs.

So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

The closest problem I have with feminists, ignoring the obvious "radical feminists should just get shot", is this: Some feminists believe trans-women are not real women.

Then again, the question you pose is actually a lot more complex than you think, especially since in the realm of sociology it's rare for a researcher/theorist to label themselves as a particular school of thought (e.g. feminist, Marxist, structuralist, post-structuralist, post-modernist, etc). Even when they do label themselves as a feminist, there are technically five schools of feminist and it's even rarer to find a feminist who would willingly categorise themselves further. As much as I've read, I have never found a self-identified feminist theorist/researcher. I have found feminists, including the type you'd hate for their sexism, such as Ann Oakley but I have never found a self-identified feminist nor have I heard of the sub-categories being used beyond A-Level sociology.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 08:19:16

It changes the existing order. Change is fearsome to many. The unknown is awing more than the known.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 09:00:42

I think there are some really good responses in this thread, but it's making me realize that this is a complex multi-faceted issue that isn't going to be summed up easily. There are many different truths that are hard to reconcile. It is as though we are all peeling a giant onion, but we are all using different methods to get to the center, and taking different routes.

Still, the problem is basically that people use other people's hard earned progress as a cum rag for their rage boners.

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 09:52:16

Because most feminist is based on "men suck women need more rights" so women get to be above men. Most feminism isn't about equality, but the rise of middle aged women on menopause or women who've spent their first semester in college and down want to fight "the man".

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 09:58:40

There's nothing wrong with that.
It's just the minority of women who say that men are scum and hate the male gender that ruins it for the ones who are actually good.
It's like the argument that goes "what's wrong with gay people?" - nothing's wrong with them, it's all fine and dandy, but you have the faggots who just shove their homosexuality down people's throats that ruin it for the rest of the other gays.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 10:26:32

At 1/20/13 09:58 AM, Gimmick wrote: but you have the faggots who just shove their homosexuality down people's throats that ruin it for the rest of the other gays.

I've felt that same way about some straight men. A lot of them. But I know not every straight man is that way with their sexuality. I've never been bothered by it. Only whenever they've expected me to join in.

Last.fm

BBS Signature