00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question for non-American users

1,681 Views | 26 Replies

Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 14:54:03

This question is directed to the Newgrounds users who do not live in the United States:

Do people looking for a job in your country have this problem? Link

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 14:55:10

Yeah, but I don't think it's quite as bad, because here in the UK we don't pretend that serving coffee requires experience.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 14:56:57

I live Sweden and yes we do have that problem, and it has kept me from getting a lot of jobs. Hell one grocery store even demanded that I had worked at any other stores they have.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 15:03:04

I've heard so but I wouldn't know being an unemployed slacker.

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 15:04:01

I'm looking for a barista position and I am having that problem.

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 15:04:30

At 1/17/13 02:54 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: This question is directed to the Newgrounds users who do not live in the United States:

Yep, we do.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 15:20:23

At 1/17/13 02:54 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: This question is directed to the Newgrounds users who do not live in the United States:

I'm in California right now and I have that problem. At least in general with job experience. It's a catch-22, mang.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 15:22:40

cant get money without job
cant get a job without education
cant get education without money

cant get all 3 without experience in a culture

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 16:50:37

At 1/17/13 02:54 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: Do people looking for a job in your country have this problem?

Yep.

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 17:02:31

At 1/17/13 04:59 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/17/13 02:55 PM, Otto wrote: Yeah, but I don't think it's quite as bad, because here in the UK we don't pretend that serving coffee requires experience.
I've been turned down for job applications at Blockbuster Video, Subway, McDonalds, and Tesco (six+ times) when I lived in the UK.

Something tells me it wasn't about lack of experience...

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 17:51:26

At 1/17/13 04:59 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/17/13 02:55 PM, Otto wrote: Yeah, but I don't think it's quite as bad, because here in the UK we don't pretend that serving coffee requires experience.
I've been turned down for job applications at Blockbuster Video, Subway, McDonalds, and Tesco (six+ times) when I lived in the UK.

I don't need to rephrase what I first said for it to stand happily in line with what you said.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 17:58:36

Yes but its more because here in the UK we've become a nation of bigger moaners and gotten lazier. There are still jobs about, just people are too stubborn still to accept the fact that working in ASDA or Mcdonalds isn't actually that bad.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-17 19:21:25

At 1/17/13 05:24 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Finnish have same problem as American do. I think most Western countries HAVE this same problem.

Damn, I was really hoping Finland would be an exception. It looks like a beautiful country from the pictures I've seen.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. It's kind of pathetic that no one's doing any better, but at least we're not alone, right?

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 08:11:36

Not tried getting a real job but you can go to school for free in Denmark (as of right now i am in school that gives you the basics towards cooking, baking and butchering) so that would count toward experiance while also if I choos to go that way I can take the first 6 month off so it wont take 3 years to be a cook or one of the others.
Plus if over 18 you get SU (money for students paid from taxes dont know it it if in other countries)

Butthole

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 08:40:29

Yes.

You need a driver's license and advanced-level English just to work as a janitor nowadays. It's all bollocks,

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 08:46:15

What experience have you had with pushing trolleys in ASDA?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 08:46:52

At 1/17/13 05:58 PM, Gagsy wrote: Yes but its more because here in the UK we've become a nation of bigger moaners and gotten lazier. There are still jobs about, just people are too stubborn still to accept the fact that working in ASDA or Mcdonalds isn't actually that bad.

Dam here have some fucking mexican immigrants, we thought it would solve our problems why not yours?

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 08:58:20

At 1/19/13 08:46 AM, BumFodder wrote: What experience have you had with pushing trolleys in ASDA?

They still ask for "experience working at a supermarket" etc. for such jobs...as if it is impossible for anyone to pick it up new, sigh.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 09:01:08

At 1/17/13 05:58 PM, Gagsy wrote: Yes but its more because here in the UK we've become a nation of bigger moaners and gotten lazier. There are still jobs about, just people are too stubborn still to accept the fact that working in ASDA or Mcdonalds isn't actually that bad.

Actually around me area such jobs don't exist. I check out the job board things inside those places and unless they never actually use them for some stupid reason they never seem to get any. The only place similar to that I have found has been in Asda (it refused to say Asda in the advertisement but obviously was) but their jobs are actually really terrible when advertising in such ways, they seem to be basically trying to give as little money and freedom etc. as possible and then demand such stupid things like needing to regularly carry 25kg of weight all day which is absolutely absurd since I can't really do that at all.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 09:59:52

Yeah, I ran into similar things when I was job hunting about one-and-a-half years back. I remember seeing a vacancy for a cleaning job where they demanded three years of experience for some reason.

I also had a job interview for cinema employee and when I said I've had three other jobs before, they said that was a bit on the low side. That comment didn't make much sense to me at all because if I had a 21 year old saying he's had like ten jobs before, I would assume he's one of those guys who's going to get bored within a few months, quits and then goes somewhere else. He didn't even bother asking me for how long I've had those jobs.

So yeah, I think you see those kinds of things everywhere at the moment.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 10:31:36

Yes. That problem also exist where I live.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 11:11:29

No, that is the simple answer

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 12:13:12

It heavily relies on their academic chosen major. I won't have this problem as my major is sought for.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 17:21:15

i went to japan once looking for work but because i liked sega they exiled me

DOINT YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 18:31:32

I dont need to work and even if I did I have connections lel

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 18:32:49

At 1/19/13 06:31 PM, BumFodder wrote: I dont need to work and even if I did I have connections lel

lelele

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Question for non-American users 2013-01-19 18:36:30

It took me a couple of months to land my first job, I do admit it was a catch 22 situation of needing experience to get a job and not being able to get a job because of the lack of said experience.

BBS Signature