00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are there two sexes?

3,050 Views | 44 Replies

Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:06:11

Makes no fucking sense to me. Think of all the time wasted on trying to hook up. So much time spent horny, trying to talk to girls, get numbers, go to parties to sex a 10/10 chick. Having to randomly start talking to girls in college, trying to be aesthetic and cut as fuck to not get the girl turned off.

What about having to develop the illusion called "game", which is really an invention made mostly by females who love sucking the energy and attention of the majority of men.

Let's not forget the girls. Hours of make up. Lifelong dedication trying to look hawt just to get taken advantage of. Crying, getting jealous of other girls. Being degraded by almost every guy, wanting a white knight, but then disliking said white knight. Constantly devolving after hitting the age of 7 rather than evolving. Being degraded then enjoying being degraded a few days later. Being in the submissive role and then thinking that its likable. Fucked up mental and emotional problems, turning heartless by the age of 16, and even more.

If we were just a single self reproducing sex, we'd probably be so advanced by now we'd have our own dominion in outer space.

Let's not forget the massive wars and fights over women..... Over vagina. Over that sweet, moist, warm, and smelly hole of sin.

If they set that android free it will be THE END OF ALL OF US!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:11:48

This is assuming that nature as a whole has a brain to be stupid with.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:14:14

At 1/11/13 08:06 PM, Dave4554 wrote: Makes no fucking sense to me. Think of all the time wasted on trying to hook up.

This part I'll agree with. Guys spend money on dates and a lot of time, just to get a quick nut bust.

:So much time spent horny, trying to talk to girls, get numbers, go to parties to sex a 10/10 chick. Having to randomly start talking to girls in college, trying to be aesthetic and cut as fuck to not get the girl turned off.

Most people aren't really cut, and they get laid.

What about having to develop the illusion called "game", which is really an invention made mostly by females who love sucking the energy and attention of the majority of men.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Let's not forget the girls. Hours of make up. Lifelong dedication trying to look hawt just to get taken advantage of. Crying, getting jealous of other girls. Being degraded by almost every guy, wanting a white knight, but then disliking said white knight. Constantly devolving after hitting the age of 7 rather than evolving. Being degraded then enjoying being degraded a few days later. Being in the submissive role and then thinking that its likable. Fucked up mental and emotional problems, turning heartless by the age of 16, and even more.

This is more personality than gender, your looking at all the loser girls and putting them all in one category.

If we were just a single self reproducing sex, we'd probably be so advanced by now we'd have our own dominion in outer space.

No.

Let's not forget the massive wars and fights over women..... Over vagina. Over that sweet, moist, warm, and smelly hole of sin.

Competitive, yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:16:05

Men should be able to get pregnant, then women can go back to being useless

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:19:02

genetic diversity

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:20:05

Sex is good

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:30:37

I think it's all kind of fun. Like a game... that I'm currently losing... :')

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 20:53:46

Because there are.

I'm so smart.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 21:49:30

The other sex is of little relevance to me.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 21:51:52

At 1/11/13 08:09 PM, Xenomit wrote: Single cell organisms mutate and evolve. Nature picks the mutations and evolutions that work, and recycles them over and over again.

Two genders worked for many, many organisms, so nature went with that.

Two genders and two sexes are not one in the same thing. The biological explanation can only pertain to the latter but not to the former; for the reason that it is sufficient to use socially construed examples in the absence of any apparent sex i.e. unsure-ness on somebodies sexuality (trans-sexual) for example.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 21:53:34

At 1/11/13 09:31 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I cannot relate at all to OP.

Nice to see you holding up fort-Forum! Hope you are alright. Have most of the users I would've known (Grubby/BBM .etc.) left by now?

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 22:00:50

why do I have a pair of testicles when I can have a Quad of them?

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 22:11:52

Ever heard of monogamy? Practice that and you won't need to bitch as much about how hard the dating game is.

Although it's only a matter of time before men perfect genetic engineering and cloning. You won't need to worry about these trivialities at that point.

And I will execute great vengeance on them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance on them.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 22:16:18

Why are there two sexes?

8======D ---> ()

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 22:27:55

At 1/11/13 08:06 PM, Dave4554 wrote: If we were just a single self reproducing sex, we'd probably be so advanced by now we'd have our own dominion in outer space.

Yeah no. There's a reason why certain plants reproduce asexually and not humans -- they're smaller than us. Have you ever thought about a human reproducing asexually? It's not possible.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 22:37:30

Are you really that desperate?

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 23:03:08

Because humans aren't advanced enough to reproduce asexually.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-11 23:11:08

At 1/11/13 10:27 PM, Gimmick wrote: Yeah no. There's a reason why certain plants reproduce asexually and not humans -- they're smaller than us. Have you ever thought about a human reproducing asexually? It's not possible.

I heard that babies are pretty small. D'OH! Asexual reproduction in humans would look like virgin impregnation, the same way certain snakes do it.

It's well known that sexually reproducing organisms evolve faster than asexual ones, because DNA is combined into so many different patterns and constantly subjected to natural selection. Sexual reproduction is one of the reasons that we are SO advanced, it allowed us to evolve intelligence greater than any other species.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 04:04:58

Just turn bisexual if it bothers you so much. Problem solved.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 08:34:56

At 1/11/13 08:21 PM, notYert wrote: boypussy < girlpussy

Fixed

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 09:18:38

illusion called game

Eveythings an illusion and everythings a game.
Just try to enjoy it man.

you sound mad cause your being logical from a small perspective.

From a sociological perspective men are the laborers and leaders, while women hold it all together and keep Us From killin eachother.

Get some bro Haha

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 13:21:04

Generally, more complicated organisms don't reproduce asexually. It reminds me of "Slaughterhouse-Five" which has a part where the guy goes to a planet where there are more than two sexes. I thought maybe this thread was going to be about how there weren't enough sexes. I mean, we have tons of languages and religions out there. I guess sex is one of those things we just have to make simplistic.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 13:23:17

At 1/11/13 11:03 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Because humans aren't advanced enough to reproduce asexually.

Not advanced to fully accommodate for social retarded people that is.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 13:26:53

At 1/12/13 08:34 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote:
At 1/11/13 08:21 PM, notYert wrote: boypussy = girlpussy

Fixed

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 14:46:40

At 1/11/13 08:06 PM, Dave4554 wrote: Makes no fucking sense to me. Think of all the time wasted on trying to hook up. So much time spent horny, trying to talk to girls, get numbers, go to parties to sex a 10/10 chick. Having to randomly start talking to girls in college, trying to be aesthetic and cut as fuck to not get the girl turned off.

many people are idiots and some women are actually great unlike the fucking dumb inbred society we have now thanks allot snooki

DOINT YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 14:49:21

At 1/11/13 08:09 PM, notYert wrote: vaginas are gross

go to hell fag

DOINT YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 15:03:01

We have two sexes so we can mix genes and eventually breed humans with positive traits from all of us. In asexual reproduction your children are EXACTLY the same as you.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 15:12:01

This is more a topic of debate than a lot of you give it credit for, especially those talking about evolution. I had a series of lectures on this topic at university, and the advanatge of sexual reproduction isn't nearly as clear cut as many of you make out. That is why asexuality has persisted in such a large number of species.

The main advantage of sex is obviously the creation of genetic diversity, and more importantly providing a way for a deleterious mutation to be removed from the population. If a 'bad' mutation occurred a few generations of sexual reproduction would quickly remove it. Asexual organisms that have a 'bad' mutation are stuck with it unless all of their offspring die off. As such negative mutations tend to remain and accumulate in the population.

However some species have found a way around this. The primary way is to live in colonies rather than as individuals. This is true of both insects and bacteria. Negative mutations in individuals don't matter when the colony as a whole represents the organism. Bacteria also get around the lack of genetic diversity by having mechanisms to mutate DNA rapidly, especially when put under environmental stress. And of course the primary advantage of being asexual is you don't have to go hunting for mates. This is very valuable in plants that aren't able to move around to find one.

As it is a lot of species use both methods, with asexual reproduction acting as a back up should they be unable to find a mate. Both have a place in biology.

However we have evolved down a route of sexual reproduction. Should you be unable to profit from this then consider your deleterious genes being removed progress and evolution for our species.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 15:36:35

At 1/11/13 11:03 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Because humans aren't advanced enough to reproduce asexually.

But amoebas are.

Amoebas for master race.

Response to Why are there two sexes? 2013-01-12 16:09:18

Because your genitals overdeveloped and your clitoris tuned into a dick.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature