00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon X and Y

42,145 Views | 464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-11 20:43:33

Totally forgot that the movies were darker then even the games

I'm watching Pokemon 4 Ever to pass the time til I head to my GameStop's midnight release for X and Y BTW

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-11 20:47:04

At 10/11/13 08:43 PM, Eddmario wrote: Totally forgot that the movies were darker then even the games
I'm watching Pokemon 4 Ever to pass the time til I head to my GameStop's midnight release for X and Y BTW

Should give Origins a watch. Only Pokemon cartoon I've watched in a decade. It's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGv89e0sE

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-11 20:48:22

At 10/11/13 08:42 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/11/13 08:33 PM, Lionelion wrote: if you'll notice i said a LEGIT copy? I prefer to stay true to my morals and not get a game released earlier than it was supposed to be.
Also, ive been checking around, it hasnt been happening as much in the US, so even if i wanted to, i couldnt
Streets date for a video game are an extremely silly thing to be moral about. What would you have done when it came through your door on Thursday, left it sealed until Saturday morning?

obviously not, but like i said, i have(had) no way of obtaining it early, so why not be moral about it?

The Torchic distribution is already running and the servers are up and packed full of players. If Nintendo cared that much why not switch them off until Saturday?

" 'sure, lets not make more money off of the earlier-than-intended release day' says Nintendo" Thats my answer to that

also, its late, and im tired, and i cant think

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-11 21:18:52

At 10/11/13 08:47 PM, TheMaster wrote: Should give Origins a watch. Only Pokemon cartoon I've watched in a decade. It's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGv89e0sE

I'm waiting for the English dub, which I believe is about a week before the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special/season 4 premiere of MLP: FIM

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 14:11:14

Go on guys. Make me jealous, how is it?

At least I can hope for me to get it for Christmas.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 14:21:23

I've been hearing a lot about the game having a ridiculous amount of filtered words. Some guy on /vp/ tried to name their Chespin Spike and it wasn't accepted because "pik" means penis in some country no one gives a shit about. I'll be severely disappointed if I can't name my character Chdonga.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 14:22:54

At 10/12/13 02:11 PM, darkjam wrote: Go on guys. Make me jealous, how is it?

Also which has better exclusives X or Y? I guess I'm at an advantage by getting it late.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 14:45:58

At 10/12/13 02:22 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/12/13 02:11 PM, darkjam wrote: Go on guys. Make me jealous, how is it?
Also which has better exclusives X or Y? I guess I'm at an advantage by getting it late.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 15:00:04

At 10/12/13 02:45 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Is that all, or all we know so far?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 15:27:08

At 10/12/13 03:00 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/12/13 02:45 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml
Is that all, or all we know so far?

That's all.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 15:28:17

Man, I'm loving the fact that Exp. Share is now a key item that can be enabled/disabled at will and affects your whole team.

Also, when I walked out of GameStop during the midnight release with my copy I played this using my phone's YouTube app

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 15:40:03

At 10/12/13 03:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: That's all.

Wow, and here's me being told that X is superior, fuck that son, I'll be getting Y.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 15:57:54

At 10/12/13 03:28 PM, Eddmario wrote: Man, I'm loving the fact that Exp. Share is now a key item that can be enabled/disabled at will and affects your whole team.

It's hugely overpowered. Turn it off, I was 15 levels ahead of the competition by the second gym. Game is a joke with it on. Still probably the easiest Pokemon without it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 18:53:06

I hate it that you only move in 8 directions and you move on a grid. I've gotten used to it by now, but I was expecting it to play more like Pokémon Colosseum.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 21:26:42

Welp, its been 5 hours since i started playing, and I just caught a shiny minun in route 5.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 21:32:18

At 10/12/13 09:26 PM, Lionelion wrote: Welp, its been 5 hours since i started playing, and I just caught a shiny minun in route 5.

It looks like the rate has been raised. Obviously they're still very rare, but people actually trying for them have been finding them much quicker than in previous gens. I'm thinking about doing some Masuda Method once I've beat the game. Can't really start proper competitive team building until I can migrate my stuff from last gen (mostly my army of dittos of various natures), so it's as good a way of any to fill the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 21:56:44

At 10/12/13 09:32 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/12/13 09:26 PM, Lionelion wrote: Welp, its been 5 hours since i started playing, and I just caught a shiny minun in route 5.
It looks like the rate has been raised. Obviously they're still very rare, but people actually trying for them have been finding them much quicker than in previous gens.

Way to be a killjoy

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 22:10:10

At 10/12/13 09:56 PM, Lionelion wrote: Way to be a killjoy

Hey, I'm like 35 hours in and haven't seen one. Still rare as fuck.

In other news, my cousin got Pokerus in like his second hour of play, so I'll be getting that off him when I see him tomorrow. Wonder if it works with super training.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-12 23:22:50

Apparently people are experiencing a "glitch" where once they catch a Pikachu in the first forest, that's all they find. Apparently the whole "certain abilities increase chance of finding specific types when it's at the first slot in the party" trait added in Gen III got buffed a little too much. So if you wanna get a light ball or a shiny Pikachu early in the game, that's the easiest method.

Also, at the gate that separates Shalour City and Route 12, there's an NPC sitting on a bench and if you talk to her, she says "Pokemon sind im Pokeball. Ich sitze auf dem Stuhl.". When translated from German, it says "Pokemon are in the Pokeball. I sit on the chair."

Made me chuckle that they did that.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 01:29:38

So according to serebii, houndour/houndoom are exclusive to X, but the mega evolution stone for them is exclusive to Y...Same with a couple others, but vice versa. What's up with that?

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 02:54:38

At 10/13/13 01:29 AM, Lionelion wrote: So according to serebii, houndour/houndoom are exclusive to X, but the mega evolution stone for them is exclusive to Y...Same with a couple others, but vice versa. What's up with that?

Just nintendo's way of geting people to communitcate. good thing I have Y

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 07:33:51

At 10/12/13 10:10 PM, TheMaster wrote: In other news, my cousin got Pokerus in like his second hour of play, so I'll be getting that off him when I see him tomorrow. Wonder if it works with super training.

What's all this super training? What is the difference?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 08:10:27

At 10/13/13 07:33 AM, darkjam wrote: What's all this super training? What is the difference?

It's a minigame that gives EVs to your Pokemon and lets you track how many they have. Just an alternative to the traditional EV training method, seems to be faster if you don't have Pokerus and an EV-boosting item, probably slower if you do.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 14:11:42

I've got Tyrunts, Amauras, Froakies, Fennekins, Charmanders, Squirtles and Bulbasaurs to trade, if anyone wants one. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 14:21:58

At 10/13/13 08:10 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's a minigame that gives EVs to your Pokemon and lets you track how many they have. Just an alternative to the traditional EV training method, seems to be faster if you don't have Pokerus and an EV-boosting item, probably slower if you do.

Do we get to choose where to EV's go?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 14:29:26

At 10/13/13 02:21 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/13/13 08:10 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's a minigame that gives EVs to your Pokemon and lets you track how many they have. Just an alternative to the traditional EV training method, seems to be faster if you don't have Pokerus and an EV-boosting item, probably slower if you do.
Do we get to choose where to EV's go?

Yes, there's 6 different minigames, one for each stat.

Actual game is the same, just have different titles telling you what EVs they'll give.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 15:54:15

At 10/13/13 02:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: Yes, there's 6 different minigames, one for each stat.

Actual game is the same, just have different titles telling you what EVs they'll give.

Sounds fun, do we get to IV train as well?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 16:19:57

At 10/13/13 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/13/13 02:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: Yes, there's 6 different minigames, one for each stat.

Sounds fun, do we get to IV train as well?

There's no such thing as IV training. They're fixed when the Pokemon is caught/hatched. That's the point, they're unchangeable to make even Pokemon that have been trained exactly the same way different from each other.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 17:22:45

At 10/13/13 04:19 PM, TheMaster wrote: There's no such thing as IV training. They're fixed when the Pokemon is caught/hatched. That's the point, they're unchangeable to make even Pokemon that have been trained exactly the same way different from each other.

Oh.....why am I always hearing people talking about ev AND iv training, I dunno, but either way thanks for clearing it up for me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 17:31:27

At 10/13/13 05:22 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh.....why am I always hearing people talking about ev AND iv training, I dunno, but either way thanks for clearing it up for me.

You breed tons of Pokemon to get good IVs on the one you eventually choose to train. IV breeding, EV training.

BBS Signature