00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon X and Y

41,879 Views | 464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 18:12:00

Just beat the league. 33 hours exactly. Now to breed a ton of Tyrunts and start training a new one with decent IVs.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 18:20:42

At 10/13/13 05:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: You breed tons of Pokemon to get good IVs on the one you eventually choose to train. IV breeding, EV training.

So what sort of good IV's are for say Zoroark?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 18:25:08

I love the over 9000 reference they put in

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-13 18:32:44

If someone would be willing to trade me the manectricite, I'd give them the houndoomite in return(when I get it that is)

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 00:47:02

At 10/13/13 06:47 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: Is the game's plot story in the same formula like the previous game to become a champion or like the ones from BW?

It's like Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in that the plot is to become champion, but there's a "team rocket" fucking things up so you have to deal with them as well.

The reason it's in quotes was because it was team rocket in both Gens I and II, so I just refer to all the evil teams as the equivalents.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 06:42:05

At 10/13/13 06:20 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/13/13 05:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: You breed tons of Pokemon to get good IVs on the one you eventually choose to train. IV breeding, EV training.
So what sort of good IV's are for say Zoroark?

The best IVs are always 31 in each stat. They can be from 0-31 for HP, Attack, Defence, Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed, and whatever number it is is how many extra points in that stat the Pokemon will have at level 100. The effect is lesser at lower levels, but they'll still have more.

EVs are similar, except all Pokemon start with 0, and gain them through battles. Each Pokemon you defeat gives a set number of EVs. It's always 1-3, but they may not always be in the same stat. A Pokemon might give 1 speed EV and 2 attack EVs for example, or it might just give 1 speed EV. It depends on the type of Pokemon, generally more evolved ones give more.

For every 4 EVs in each stat, at level 100, the Pokemon gets 1 extra point in that particular stat. A Pokemon can have a maximum of 520 EVs, once it reaches that it stops gaining them, but can only have 255 in one particular stat. This means a maximum of 63 extra points in two different stats, and 1 extra point in another. Obviously you don't have to give it 63 in just two, you could give it 40 in two, 20 in two others and 6 in another one, but 63 is the most one stat can have.

If you're not getting deep into the metagame, where people do crazy stuff with EVs, like giving a Pokemon just enough defence EVs so it can survive a particular attack from a particular Pokemon, then the best spreads are often stuff like 252 EVs (or 63 points) in Attack and another 252 in Speed, or the same but with Special Attack if that's what the particular Pokemon is good with.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 08:57:26

Small Dragon ... my favorite :P

Pokemon X and Y

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 11:19:58

Oh i do love all the tiny details they put in the game. Like how the trainers turn their heads to look at you and how when it rains the buttons are wet. It's the small things that excite me.

if anyone wants to be my pokepal my friendcode is 0189 - 9354 - 3211. We will have so much fun together.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 14:25:38

Pokémon X and Y? Really, these are the new names? xD What's the next gonna be, Pokémon X² + (AB - Y)²? LOL

*cough* No, really, don't take me seriously. I'm sorry. :\

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 16:56:22

At 10/14/13 08:57 AM, FunnyClown98 wrote: Small Dragon ... my favorite :P

Yeah but he sucks.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-14 17:52:53

I have my end-game Tyrunt now.

"Outstanding" potential, as rated by the IV guy in game, which means a minimum average IV of 25, and also said it's top IV was Defence, which was perfect, which mean that's 31, but none of the others are. Jolly nature, too.

Trained it up with Super Training. Took about an hour, which was longer than I expected. 252 in Speed and Attack, the last 4 into HP. Now I just need to level it up until it evolves and learns Crunch, and my first guy is ready for the new Battle Frontier-type thing. Going for Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch and Dragon Claw.

Haven't decided who my other two guys will be. Never did make those 100 straight wins in Platinum, but going to make a go of it here.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 02:41:24

meh i want to try this game too :( planning to get X, can anyone here rate it from scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest

VISIT CHIT CHAT CITY and MEET NEW FRIENDS

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 04:17:20

I managed to get a karrablast randomly. As well as the pokerus from doing a wonder trade.
Onlly thing left to do at the moment is beat the game and evolve karrablast.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 07:28:29

How do I find my friend code

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 07:41:28

At 10/15/13 07:28 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: How do I find my friend code

On the 3DS main menu press the orange face. It'll show your friends list, including yourself, with your friend code under your name.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 14:05:13

At 10/15/13 04:17 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: I managed to get a karrablast randomly. As well as the pokerus from doing a wonder trade.

You can find both karrablast and shelmet on route 14. They aren't hard to find

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 14:14:54

At 10/15/13 07:41 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/15/13 07:28 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: How do I find my friend code
On the 3DS main menu press the orange face. It'll show your friends list, including yourself, with your friend code under your name.

Thanks

My friend code is 2251-5183-6963

Feel free to add me and i'll add you back or however that works I don't even play video games...

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 14:59:54

At 10/15/13 02:14 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: My friend code is 2251-5183-6963

Feel free to add me and i'll add you back or however that works I don't even play video games...

Added. My code is 2681 0093 2785.

Regarding online play, I'll trade basically anything for Adamant, Jolly, Modest or Timid Dittos. Also after a Dratini or Dragonair with the ability Marvel Scale.

I can offer:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Tyrunt (including many Jolly ones)
Amaura
Skrelp
Clauncher
Speed Boost Torchics (including females for easier breeding)
Japanese Dittos (for the 8x shiny rate increase when breeding with them)
Dratini

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-15 18:09:18

I found a family in the game in which the wide must have cheated the husband, because the parents are white, the kid is black. It's in Cyllage City.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 03:59:43

At 10/15/13 02:05 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 10/15/13 04:17 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: I managed to get a karrablast randomly. As well as the pokerus from doing a wonder trade.
You can find both karrablast and shelmet on route 14. They aren't hard to find

Opps. Meant a shiny Karrablast

Pokemon X and Y

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 04:54:31

Ahhh, GTA, 2K and Fifa have made me broke. Would love to grab a copy of Y, hows it stack up to previous versions?

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.”

He's back :3

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 06:36:52

Froakie's hidden ability is incredible.

"Protean". Whenever you use an attack, he becomes the same type as it. Changes type before the attack is used, so every move gets the STAB damage increase, and you can do crazy stuff like make him flying type to dodge and earthquake or make him ground to eat a thunderbolt.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 10:19:15

At 10/16/13 06:36 AM, TheMaster wrote: Froakie's hidden ability is incredible.

"Protean". Whenever you use an attack, he becomes the same type as it. Changes type before the attack is used, so every move gets the STAB damage increase, and you can do crazy stuff like make him flying type to dodge and earthquake or make him ground to eat a thunderbolt.

Don't you need to use the item that changes a Pokemon's ability to another one it can have for them to use their hidden abilities this gen?

For those wondering how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, make sure it knows a Fairy-type move and at least 2 hearts through Pokemon Amie when it levels-up. For the Fairy type move, if it levels-up only once in battle, but that level-up gives it the Fairy move, then it will evolve after the battle if it isn't fainted.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 10:22:21

At 10/16/13 10:19 AM, Eddmario wrote: Don't you need to use the item that changes a Pokemon's ability to another one it can have for them to use their hidden abilities this gen?

Nope, things caught in the Friend Safari have a chance of having their hidden ability, and now males can pass it onto their offspring, so it's way easier than with Dream World last gen. The item that changes abilities only works with regular ones. Like, it'll switch Scyther from Swarm to Technician because it can be caught with either, but it won't change Froakie from Torrent to Protean, because Protean isn't something it can naturally have.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 13:14:15

Seems everyone has been catching shinys like crazy. Im pretty sure the rate was increased. I havent found the pokerus yet, but that doesnt really concern me as much.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 13:16:22

At 10/15/13 02:59 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Regarding online play, I'll trade basically anything for Adamant, Jolly, Modest or Timid Dittos. Also after a Dratini or Dragonair with the ability Marvel Scale.

I can offer:
Japanese Dittos (for the 8x shiny rate increase when breeding with them)

Would love to get one of those on my hands

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 14:00:13

At 10/16/13 01:14 PM, Lionelion wrote: Seems everyone has been catching shinys like crazy. Im pretty sure the rate was increased. I havent found the pokerus yet, but that doesnt really concern me as much.

There's a rumour that how much you tip the various NPCs effects the rate, so tipping well would increase your chances of finding them. Unconfirmed as of yet, though.

At 10/16/13 01:16 PM, Lionelion wrote: Would love to get one of those on my hands

If you've got a regular Ditto and you stick it on the GTS for another Ditto, someone will give you one in a matter of minutes. They're in the same situation, because an English Ditto on a Japanese game does exactly the same thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 18:50:33

At 10/16/13 02:00 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/16/13 01:14 PM, Lionelion wrote: Seems everyone has been catching shinys like crazy. Im pretty sure the rate was increased. I havent found the pokerus yet, but that doesnt really concern me as much.
There's a rumour that how much you tip the various NPCs effects the rate, so tipping well would increase your chances of finding them. Unconfirmed as of yet, though.

Wouldn't be surprise if that's the case. I was tipping NPCs insane amounts midgame during the time I got my shiny

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-16 22:54:26

Stupid college wifi only lets me connect to the PSS for about 2 minutes at a time before it disconnects me, which cuts down severely on the content I can use

/rant

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-10-17 12:17:50

Is anyone else having troub le with this facial recognition in the pokemon amie? Sometimes it works straight away and other times it will not recognise the face at all. Seems a bit random whether it works or not.

Usually I wouldn't even bother with this minigame rubbish but apparently you get permanent boosts or something if you manage to get full affection somehow?

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature