00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dreams of Splendor Discussion

14,558 Views | 214 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 05:44:31

At 1/13/13 09:29 PM, Bosa wrote: You must submit your theme song, and it must truly be the greatest achievement of your musical endeavors.

Programme notes coming under way for that piece, and I'll be addressing that point!

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 16:11:05

I don't think I'm going to have time to do this now.
I've only just got my new computer up and running and I don't have all my software yet (the dvds for Komplete are at my gran's because I had to stay there for a few months last year).
We'll see, but as things are it's a "no". Sorry! :/

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 17:30:27

Anybody upload any WIPs for this yet? I'm curious!

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 18:42:12

At 1/14/13 04:11 PM, MetalRenard wrote: I don't think I'm going to have time to do this now.
I've only just got my new computer up and running and I don't have all my software yet (the dvds for Komplete are at my gran's because I had to stay there for a few months last year).
We'll see, but as things are it's a "no". Sorry! :/

I'm here as well. I'm in the middle of applying for college, finding a new place to live, working two jobs and doing a million other things that have kept me from writing something splendid. Hopefully something will change in the next few days and I'll be able to crank something out. But for now, it's a no-go for launch.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 18:56:56

In this contest: Orchestrated and classical artists.

Well shit.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 19:06:01

At 1/14/13 06:56 PM, Envy wrote: In this contest: Orchestrated and classical artists.

Well shit.

But every genre is invited to the party! And just as a hint, my piece is not even going to be proper classical.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 20:51:27

At 1/14/13 06:56 PM, Envy wrote: In this contest: Orchestrated and classical artists.

Well shit.

Hey, I'm no orchestral/classical artist. My piece is going to have a ton of various genres in it.

Though the first and second parts are going to be mainly orchestral, I think...

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 21:43:46

Well shit.

Epic is by no means limited to an orchestra. Personally, I think a combination of classical/orchestral music and a little electronic music done well tend to be a great "formula" for epic music. Or, in your case maybe the other way around? A little strings never hurt anything :)

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 23:01:51

At 1/13/13 09:29 PM, Bosa wrote:

But when you are able to overcome your weaknesses (procrastination & laziness for the most of you), you will be able to reveal your own personal victory -- a song which defines your highest level of achievement.

The world can wait. This is your time to do what your are meant to do. You must prove to everyone that you are the one who is able to overcome the petty weaknesses that everyone else falls victim to. You must submit your theme song, and it must truly be the greatest achievement of your musical endeavors.

Your wants are pretty slim, huh Bosa.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-14 23:20:38

Well shit.

I'm a classical artist now? I was sure most people knew me for my metal.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 10:27:09

At 1/15/13 10:11 AM, Elitistinen wrote: I must rework on another song, didn't see the part it has to be a personal theme song. Even when I bluffed about it's just for the fun, there is this super strong temptation of wanting myself to do good on this contest (I could have ignored and move on).

Anyone has good tips on writing a theme song?

All I can say is this:

1) Have a recognisable melody (or something in the piece which would catch the listener over and over again, say a certain lick).
2) Let the piece scream INDIVIDUALITY. The piece must not be generic in nature, it must be something which YOU would see yourself giving your all to. The recognisable melody helps with the individuality of the piece, but also the general feel of it.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 13:53:07

I wouldn't say the track I'm working on now would be my personal "theme" song, but it does combines the elements that I'm good at. And I'm trying to give it my all to make it my best work yet but "theme" song? Nah.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 14:32:33

Wow...my first victory was achieved, i started working on my submission on the 9th of January and i worked a few hours every day *.* .....i am proud to announce that Procrastination HAS BEEN BEATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........so far...
On a related note i am pretty sure this is going to be in fact my best submission :D

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 15:15:53

At 1/15/13 01:53 PM, JJM121 wrote: I wouldn't say the track I'm working on now would be my personal "theme" song, but it does combines the elements that I'm good at. And I'm trying to give it my all to make it my best work yet but "theme" song? Nah.

That's kinda what I'm thinking about my piece too. It combines elements I'm good at, plus a little experimentation, but I don't think I'd truly peg it as my theme song. I mean, I guess it's all about pushing yourself anyways. A personal theme song would just make it all too easy, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 16:25:39

Dammit... I've started and scrapped like 5 different songs so far... Y NO GUD RITING?!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 17:47:10

At 1/15/13 10:11 AM, Elitistinen wrote: I must rework on another song, didn't see the part it has to be a personal theme song. Even when I bluffed about it's just for the fun, there is this super strong temptation of wanting myself to do good on this contest (I could have ignored and move on).

Anyone has good tips on writing a theme song?

I REALLY hope it doesn't HAVE to be a theme song. Mine is going to be spectacular, but not a theme song...

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 17:54:13

At 1/15/13 05:47 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Mine is going to be spectacular, but not a theme song...

Welp, guess you'll have to try the fuck again then

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 18:50:27

Who said orchestral? I make symphonic [power] metal... O.o
It would not be my best if it wasn't guitar driven.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-15 21:20:44

At 1/15/13 05:54 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 1/15/13 05:47 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Mine is going to be spectacular, but not a theme song...
Welp, guess you'll have to try the fuck again then

Well shit. Also, nice hat.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-16 01:51:01

Don't be like everyone else. Be victorious.

Oh Bosa, you have a way with words... I think I might give this a shot.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-17 12:26:04

Whelp. Got over my creativity block. :3 Off to finish the most difficult part of my piece - the orchestral opera-ish part. Wish I had a larger variety of vocal sounds so it could be more realistic.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-17 20:39:48

man I haven't been able to come up with anything yet. I think I'm going to be shooting for some old school hip hop or somethin.g

hi

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 08:10:44

About halfway through!

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 13:01:21

... O.o
Ok I shocked myself.
Wrote something short last night and couldn't help but finish most of it today.
I've still got a lot to do, including a few sessions just to mix it (mixing a full orchestra with heavy metal guitars is a lot of work!). Should be done in time if nothing goes wrong!

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 13:11:14

I think I'm almost done too. Just some more polishing and I could call it a day. :)

I'll just say it's a pretty darn long track. XD

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 15:50:10

At 1/18/13 01:11 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: I think I'm almost done too. Just some more polishing and I could call it a day. :)

I'll just say it's a pretty darn long track. XD

Yes. Yes it is. I'm only about 35-45% done, though the rest of this will probably go faster as I'm more familiar with the techniques used in it.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 22:31:28

Bagpipe soundfonts obtained. Now to try to use them properly and take into account the comments other people have made... and then my favorite part. :3

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-18 23:45:48

I think I'm going to be flattened. Can't wait to hear these "masterpieces."

knockin on wood, Jesus.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 07:48:21

Where/how do I submit my song? *noob*

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 09:33:21

At 1/19/13 07:48 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Where/how do I submit my song? *noob*

Oh, that's simple. Just put a little linky to it in this thread here.

Stuff.

BBS Signature