00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dreams of Splendor Discussion

14,546 Views | 214 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 11:48:10

Personally, I like how mine came out. I like other submissions better though...
Can't wait to hear all of the submissions.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 14:31:08

At 1/19/13 12:39 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Got like 10 different songs so far. I don't know which one to choose...

....pick the coolest one!!1!!1!!?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 18:17:54

Man, I'd really like to join this contest. It sounds incredibly fun, and hey, it'd be my first contest I joined on Newgrounds. I guess the task of creating a masterpiece that reflects who you are is rather daunting to me. I wouldn't really know just how I'd want to show myself in my music just yet. I'd definitely sign up, but I know I'd come across the dilemma of making something that may show who I am to other people, or making something that doesn't specifically express who I am, but it's something I want a large amount of people to hear.

I guess I might join another contest in the future that seems less...intimidating to me. Either that, or enter a contest like this in the future when I feel more secure as a producer.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 18:33:37

At 1/19/13 06:17 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Man, I'd really like to join this contest. It sounds incredibly fun, and hey, it'd be my first contest I joined on Newgrounds. I guess the task of creating a masterpiece that reflects who you are is rather daunting to me. I wouldn't really know just how I'd want to show myself in my music just yet. I'd definitely sign up, but I know I'd come across the dilemma of making something that may show who I am to other people, or making something that doesn't specifically express who I am, but it's something I want a large amount of people to hear.

I guess I might join another contest in the future that seems less...intimidating to me. Either that, or enter a contest like this in the future when I feel more secure as a producer.

I'd probably wanna scrap what I achieved so far and start from scratch again.

I'll repeat the process until I got something worthy.

Just another day in Earthland.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 18:44:51

There, mine's in. Subject to minor mix changes over time I guess, but that comes with any song. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-19 22:20:25

Some submissions looking pretty good already :)

Finally got the bones to my song laid out right, now it's mostly a matter of filling things in and making the patches sound extra good. Most of the lyrics are written, just need to sing em' out. :D I'm excited about this!

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-20 22:52:43

At 1/19/13 12:39 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Got like 10 different songs so far. I don't know which one to choose...

How do you do write so many songs so quickly!

I only have like 30 seconds of weird ambient noises.

I'm a noob.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-21 06:47:34

I'm finally into 2/3 of the piece. Be recording more vocals and a bodhran soon. ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-21 21:47:49

At 1/21/13 06:47 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I'm finally into 2/3 of the piece. Be recording more vocals and a bodhran soon. ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.

Excellent, excellent. As long as everyone submits something in time.. all is well.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-21 23:49:22

At 1/21/13 09:47 PM, Bosa wrote: Excellent, excellent. As long as everyone submits something in time.. all is well.

Fear not, friends! My composition is coming along well, as I have recently received some bagpipe samples which were much appreciated. The end is in sight.

Sadly, there's another contest I'm working on too, so I don't know how much time I'll have...

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-22 00:27:58

At 1/21/13 09:47 PM, Bosa wrote: As long as everyone submits something in time.. all is well.

T_T

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-22 07:26:29

At 1/22/13 12:27 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: T_T

No. Ride that guitar like you never have before, BFP!

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-24 01:49:00

Well crud. I somehow missed the point of this contest and didn't realize we are supposed to write our own theme song. Time to start over.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-24 02:29:58

Been cutting a bit on the progress on my song due to doing every media composer's no.1 sin: Overburdening. I'm currently piled under projects and doing no progress on none of them in the process.

In any case, I decided to be productive for once and managed to contact my musicians to do a HUGE recording session, in which I'll be recording the song I'm making for this contest.

The song itself is coming along pretty darn good, although calling it a theme song would be a bit of a stretch... It's gonna be some really REALLY fast hardbop jazz with a large brass line and plenty solos.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-24 14:00:44

My song is almost done... I think I have filled in all of the parts and it's a full song! I just need to send the song to some people for feedback and see if they can pick up things my ears aren't.

However... there is a problem greater than any other that I have yet to face... Naming the song. DUN DUN DUN!

But seriously, I have had a blast working on this song, and I've been working on it since the day this contest came out. It's looking like the best song I have ever written, and I am excited to hear what everyone else's Best Song in the World will sound like!

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-24 23:36:22

So... I finally have an idea of what I want to do... I even hooked up all my gear... to find out that I'm rusty as hell on guitar because I haven't picked it up in like 2 months.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 00:31:19

At 1/24/13 11:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So... I finally have an idea of what I want to do... I even hooked up all my gear... to find out that I'm rusty as hell on guitar because I haven't picked it up in like 2 months.

... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...

There goes all the motivation I had to work on my song tonight.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 00:37:12

At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...

...Oh quiet, you. You don't need all of that stuff anymore. You've got Omnisphere.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 00:41:42

At 1/25/13 12:37 AM, Step wrote:
At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...
...Oh quiet, you. You don't need all of that stuff anymore. You've got Omnisphere.

As awesome as Omnisphere is, I still need miroslav for what I want to do. But at this point, I'm almost willing to scrap this song idea and just do something I can do with Omnisphere instead... cause reinstalling all my soundbanks for miroslav will be a real pain in the ass.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 02:06:13

At 1/25/13 01:20 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ...which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...
Can't you just take a nap while that shit installs itself?

Inspiration is fleeting.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 22:16:10

To my surprise, I'm going on a road trip tomorrow morning. I'll be driving to Las Vegas and Mexico with two of my brothers and won't be back until after the contest deadline. It looks like I won't be participating this time around.

Best of luck everyone; may the odds be ever in your favor.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-25 22:46:32

At 1/25/13 10:16 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: may the odds be ever in your favor.

...that's what I said!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-26 20:11:18

At 1/25/13 10:16 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: To my surprise, I'm going on a road trip tomorrow morning. I'll be driving to Las Vegas and Mexico with two of my brothers and won't be back until after the contest deadline. It looks like I won't be participating this time around.

Best of luck everyone; may the odds be ever in your favor.

Just submit a midi..

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-27 06:57:42

Please excuse this outburst.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCK!

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-27 11:16:05

I'm done ^o^ gonne listen to it over the next few days to do adjustments

and to strategically submit after the weekly tuesday zero-blitzkrieg

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-27 17:06:51

Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-27 23:43:34

At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.

Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-28 15:39:37

Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

How're you guys doing?

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-28 15:52:40

At 1/28/13 03:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

How're you guys doing?

Not as done as I would like to be. >_<

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-28 15:53:23

At 1/28/13 03:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

So hey, how... how long is yours?

I've seen it earlier and it was a bit short, to be honest.

but I guess you've got it extended now now - it has shaped up, so to speak.

are you going to you show it in public for everyone to see soon?

and when does it climax?