00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre

872 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-16 18:21:36

Hello NG Members,

I am an animation festival curator and I've decided to come to Newgrounds to see what's here. I'm putting together a show next year and I wanted to come to you for some direction. What I'd like to know is what are your favorite animations here on Newgrounds? I'm looking for films that are generally insane, whether it be sexual, violent, bold, bizarre. . . anything that is in your face and possesses an excellent quality. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-16 22:12:30

At 11/16/12 06:21 PM, elementalbadger wrote: Hello NG Members,

I am an animation festival curator and I've decided to come to Newgrounds to see what's here. I'm putting together a show next year and I wanted to come to you for some direction. What I'd like to know is what are your favorite animations here on Newgrounds? I'm looking for films that are generally insane, whether it be sexual, violent, bold, bizarre. . . anything that is in your face and possesses an excellent quality. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Obviously, look at the big names around here such as Egoraptor, sexual-lobster, Harry Partridge, etc etc. Just look around, there's plenty to see on NG. They aren't my personal favorite artists, but they are highly talented and know what they're doing.

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-16 23:28:05

I think a lot of the best content on here is inspired directly by the other content the site has to offer. Lots of events on the site are very community-driven and promote collaboration, and some of the best submissions to newgrounds were created as a direct result of these partnerships formed on the forums/portals/etc.
Songs have inspired movies
Competitions have spawned collaborations
And if you're looking for bold and bizarre, we've definitely got you covered.

Well anyway, here are a bunch of random personal favorites-

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-17 03:21:39

Thanks for recommending those names. I took a peek and although their work is good, it's not quite what I'm looking for. I think I'm interested in films that are a bit more. . . daring? I'm just curious, what are your personal favorites?

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-17 03:30:30

Emrox

Thanks for the links. I think I particularly like 'Dash It' and 'The Crew Talks Art.' If you can think of anything else please post.

I'm also looking for films that range from the perverted, violent, disturbing, oddly hilarious, to the grotesque. What I'm really aiming to do is to find the extreme films within the subgenres of animation. For instance, David O'Reilly, Eamonn O'neill, and Phil Mulloy are good examples. One minute puberty is great but it ranges on the cute side of sexuality. But we've all seen those films. I'd love to see more films of that/those nature. . . basically a range of the best of what this part of the internet has to offer. I figured NG would be a strong community and, thanks to members like you, it appears as though it is. Any more information you can give will be rather helpful.

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2012-11-17 13:52:27

Perverted? You should check "golfinho" out.

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2014-11-07 09:30:31

At 11/16/12 06:21 PM, elementalbadger wrote: Hello NG Members,

Sorry I found this so late but I'll drop some links here anyway...

• goldilocks

goldilocks

by Emkaah
    dark shit
    Movie
    (Ages 17+)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Of Ng: Bold And Bizarre 2014-11-09 18:39:53

David Firth might actually be your best option. He makes salad fingers but I'm more fond of his other stuff.

Theres loads more on here but I think he best fits your descriptions

cumfart

BBS Signature