00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

remake a game

4,769 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to remake a game 2012-11-15 19:11:45

Oh, a new Gauntlet game would be awesome, but more like Legends and Dark Legacy, and not like Seven Sorrows.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2012-11-15 21:31:12

Just like others, it'd have to be morrowind for me.

Response to remake a game 2012-11-25 06:19:45

I'm on the bandwagon for Sonic 06'
These would be a few things I think would make a re-release of this game amazing

Gameplay:

Sonic: Normal Stage gameplay would play out alot like Adventure 2. Clearly by now Sonic Team could make that formula work without bad camera/slippery controls by now...right? For the Mach Speed sections, have it shift to Unleashed/Colors/Generations (Modern) Gameplay.

Shadow: I never did unlock him (I've raged quit Sonic 06' more times than any other game)

Silver: Speed him up, make his controls tighter, make his levels and abilities more varied and more interesting.

Side Characters: I only had the chance to play with Blaze and Tails, not sure how the others played, Tails was aweful, if they make him playable, remove the fake ring bomb thing and make tighten up the way he flies. Blaze was actually alot of fun to play as, I think in general if they just tightened the controls it would make it more enjoyable.

Story: Finish it...remove the weird Elise/Sonic thing, no one will mind if you update/change the story.

Music: The best part of the previous version of the game, leave it as is.

A few extra things I can think of

-either shrink the hub world, or make the old hub world more interesting an varied. Sonic .
Unleashed did a fairly good job with it's hubworld, and I think they could pull off something similar for a Sonic 06' remake

-although not originally in Sonic 06' I think a Chao Garden would be a extremely welcome edition to the game. If the remake was made for the Wii U, there would be very intesting things you could do with the 2nd Screen, or possibly a mini chao garden app on the 3DS...

Sin is honoring desire over what is right

Response to remake a game 2012-11-25 18:04:59

Super mario galaxy and super mario galaxy 2 and super mario sunshine and luigis mansion created to be played on SNES emulators

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to remake a game 2012-11-25 18:07:40

At 11/10/12 03:12 PM, Jester wrote: Time Splitters Future Perfect. Fps' take themselves too seriously nowadays.

this or Truxton.

Response to remake a game 2013-06-30 22:42:00

Resident Evil 2
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII

All with today's graphics.

Re2 and CT because they are excellent games and would be blockbuster hits all over again with a graphical update....

and FFVII because everyone says its a great game but i can't stand playing it..... just because the graphics make my eyes bleed.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-06-30 23:19:12

The original Spyro trilogy.
And I don't mean just an "HD" version like Rare did with Banjo-Kazooie, but a complete remake made from scratch, complete with newer models and textures, a nicer HUD, HOVERING in the first game, better programming so there's less glitches, skippable cutscenes, and more. Everything else would be the same, save for the lines and music being rerecorded with newer equipment.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 13:32:43

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, in Monkey Island special edition style

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 13:34:56

At 7/1/13 11:56 AM, RoadWarrior wrote: The first Fallout. In the Skyrim engine.

You might have to compress the map a little bit....

I'd like to see the Wasteland 2 team remake Fallout. If the only option is to have it remade in bethesda's shitty engine I'd rather not have it to be honest.

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 13:51:39

For me there are a few but...from PlayStation one it would have to be Vagrant story, new graphics, physics engine, motion capture, voice acting the whole triple A experience because it was a wicked game and loads of fun.

Id also love a remake of the recently released Fuse, as I had so much hope for this game, if it was remade id want it to take its cues from the Metal Gear series especially Peace walker, id also love to see a remake of the great Alpha protocol as well as I loved this game a great deal

BEST IN THE WORLD!

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 15:47:42

timespliters future perfect
reason:is time to splite
(i cant bellive i did write that)

What type of ships does people of Northern part of North America *cough*Canada*cough* fly? The Eh?-Wing!

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 17:04:47

(i cant bellive i did write that)

I can't believe you spelt it wrong.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-01 22:35:42

At 7/1/13 11:14 AM, ManDeep wrote: Dead rising 2 was such a step backward in so many ways compared to dead rising 1, even though it also improved in some ways, like the crafting for example.

I'll go one step further, the Dead Rising remake should have a sandbox mode in which you can kill zombies and psychopaths to your heart's content, right off the bat. While the ability to do missions {both story and side quests} would still be available, you now have an option to go freelance and simply kill zombies all you want without having to worry about the dumbass survivors.

I wouldn't mind have a remake of Xenogears as well.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-02 01:36:57

remake fable with everything we were initially promised

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-02 12:28:40

At 7/2/13 12:37 AM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: On the topic of a FFVII remake, I personally don't think it's necessary. The original game is perfectly fine and playable.

Not to Johnny Average Consumer, sadly, one look at the character models and they'll dismiss it.

Response to remake a game 2013-07-02 12:38:37

I really would like to see a remake of Morrowind. With mods you can make it look good and it's still a great game but having Morrowind with Skyrim's graphic engine would be pretty great, also voiced dialogue and the physics engine from Skyrim. We got a taste from it in Dragonborn but there can never be enough of Morrowind. Just imagine places like Vivec and Balmora with modern graphics ^^

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-04 03:50:24

For me I would pick, GTA: San Andreas. Better graphics would be better.

Response to remake a game 2013-07-06 02:53:30

Some of the really obscure NES titles that simply have been forgotten. For example, Journey to Silius, Dynowarz, 8 eyes, and even thrilla the gorilla. They're just so forgotten and odd that they would probably be a breath of fresh air to the new systems. They're different enough that old school gamers would remember them and new gamers would probably take a liking to it.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-06 03:23:25

I would either go with remaking fable 3 so it's longer and more challenging or remake oblivion with the skyrim engine so you can duel wield have stream spells and look awesome .

Response to remake a game 2013-07-08 12:43:24

At 11/9/12 04:03 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Metal Gear Solid 4 was only released for the PS3, and MGS2/3 were only for the PS2, and MGS was only for the PS1 so what is your argument here?

You obviously dont know what youre talking about. MGS2 was for the xbox and PC also. MGS3 had re-releases on basically all the consoles, along with 2. MGS1 had the remake on the PS1, and the original was also on the PC. So yeah, the only time Konami has been exclusive was with MGS4, not counting the original MG games which i know jack shit about.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-08 15:47:18

At 11/9/12 01:04 PM, Mismo wrote: MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.

I think an HD reboot is going to be included in that new exclusive to PS3 Metal Gear Solid bundle that's celebrating 25 years of the franchise.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-09 11:37:41

Final Fantasy VII. I mean cmon with Next Gen technology and just update everything with Mass Effect Graphics you could easily fit everything in and tell all of the story.

Response to remake a game 2013-07-10 13:30:54

At 11/10/12 04:37 PM, shandude wrote: Soulcalibur V with the originally planned 80 fight long storyline

... That doesn't suck? Because either if it's long or short, playing a story mode with horrible dialogue, annoying characters, stiff voice acting, and horribly, horribly worked out cutscenes is never fun.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a great fan of SoulCalibur, I just hated the campaign, like many others. I didn't always, though - Weapon Master in SoulCalibur II for example was great. If the story was 80 fights long AND worth playing, it'd be nearly perfect though, I'll give you that!

Also, if there's a game I want to see remade, it'd be Pokémon Ruby. It the first Pokémon game I ever discovered, and it instantly became my favorite, probably because it was my first one and I kind of grew up with it. Seeing that they already did remakes of the original Red and Green (no blue and yellow though) and Gold and Silver, I'm pretty happy to know that it's not impossible we're getting one... :3

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-11 11:55:44

I would remake Quest 64. It had a couple of good ideas but the game is rushed and all the dungeons with little exception are basically curved lines from point A to point B. A remake would fix all that crap would be the great game that Quest 64 should have been.

Recent Audio: Nuclear Winter | Nuclear Holocaust | Don't Wait Until Night

tries to be a gentleman; doesn't always do a very good job

Response to remake a game 2013-07-11 22:32:03

There's this game called Everquest (i think) and basically it was like 4 games(only 3 released I think) and basically it was like this sort of ARG game (AVGN did a review of it) where you've to figure out puzzles in the game by getting hints from the game, figuring out what they mean to search for the solution in the manuals and so on.

I think a game this sort of treasure quest thing really deserves a remake. The idea that it's not just the game that you've to use to beat it.

As well since the internet exists now and people would cheat, a way of individualising each players copy of the game and manual for unique puzzles would be cool. I think the addiction factor in something like this would be insane

Founder of xcvb Studios

Creator of XCVB: XCVB

My Website: http://www.xcvbstudios.com

Response to remake a game 2013-07-29 05:47:26

At 7/9/13 11:37 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Final Fantasy VII. I mean cmon with Next Gen technology and just update everything with Mass Effect Graphics you could easily fit everything in and tell all of the story.

You're right, Tony, for once. It is a truly welcome reprieve. Final Fantasy 7 was the mother of all outstanding RPGs and Unlike later installments of the Final Fantasy Epoch Final Fantasy 7 had a truly remarkable ending that truly outshines The Ending to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and you may as well remake it now on Playstation 3 with Graphics Improved Exponentially! And really great to see Tifa Lockheart's Big Tits in better graphics. And uh...FYI: Tifa and Aeris have the same size Tits the only difference is wardrobe!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing

Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots

It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-29 06:38:57

i would remake the remake of goldeneye on the N64. The remake was shit, thoroughly shit. they changed bond from pierce morgan to the current bond(whatever his name is) but its still pierce in the film.

ever wanted to ask god why he made us, when you die, who made him? iGod, Repenting made easy.

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-29 06:52:38

Surprisingly, I don't have a game I'd remake...

Response to remake a game 2013-07-29 07:47:57

At 7/1/13 11:56 AM, RoadWarrior wrote: The first Fallout. In the Skyrim engine.

I'd really like to see the first one remade too, imo it did nearly everything the best in the series. the villain and the writing are definitely the best, the atmosphere too.

I will say though if it gets remade it really shouldn't be on Skyrim's engine. I really like Skyrim and NV and FO3 (i like NV more than FO1), but they're all waaaaaaaaaay too buggy.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to remake a game 2013-07-29 13:22:52

At 7/9/13 11:37 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Final Fantasy VII. I mean cmon with Next Gen technology and just update everything with Mass Effect Graphics you could easily fit everything in and tell all of the story.

While all of the original assets could be used for inspiration, the actual objects themselves would have to be remade. As is, most of the assets are 2D which renders them completely useless for a 3D remake. Remaking the game would involve taking every individual object in the background and re-creating them with a much higher polygon count and higher resolution textures.

As per coding, the original engine could not handle current, high-level graphical effects and technologies. All of the coding would have to be redone. Having the story and concept art is nice, but it barely helps the development process along. Cut out the amount of time they need doing research, and they're still left with a ton of work. Go through this list then imagine how long it would take to remake those. Then add the time to remake every character. Then add the time it would take to redo all of the animations, effects, voice acting lip-sync, and all other pieces that go into the current-gen triple A game.