00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

didakf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,212 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-19 21:03:18

At 11/19/12 09:01 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/19/12 08:59 PM, sweet21 wrote: same with the Xbox I hear, so im skeptical on a good browser for consoles.
What? Internet Explorer on the 360 is actually very good.

Damn you MICROSOOOOOOOFT!!!!!

Ah who cares im not buying a Wii U for its browser anyway.

But those multiplayer questions, ANSWER THEM.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-19 21:16:27

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-19 23:04:42

At 11/19/12 08:59 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/19/12 03:58 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The internet browser on this is amazing! Not crap at all!

Posted from my Wii U.
Did you post quickly, seemlessly, and with no lag, slowdown, or crashes?

I actually like it quite a lot, and that is saying quite a bit since the only comparable browser would be my computer. It really is responsive, has flash and stuff, and the touchscreen is really accurate.

Any comments on multiplayer? Servers working okay? Connectivity issues? Joining matches working out? Er, well are even any multiplayer games out yet?

Miiverse was being bombarded like crazy yesterday, but it works fine right now. Posted a few comments directly from Miiverse and one from Mario U. Really liking the online here.

ALSO, ADD YOUR DAMN NINTENDO IDS YOU PEOPLE.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 13:03:27

Hmmm... it sounds better than I had anticipated, and that from someone who bought a Gamecube and Wii on launch day, but wasn't expecting much from the Wii U.

Saying that I don't have the time or money to consider it any time soon. Once the next gen consoles for the other big players come around, no doubt for extortionate money, and the Wii U inevitabley drops in price, I might consider it. £300 for a console is way too steep, but should it fall to around £200 it might be worth picking up.

Plus there will come a point when a massive first party title appears (Zelda/Smash Bros/Metroid) that I will want to play. I'll have to at least consider it then.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 13:16:27

At 11/19/12 05:04 PM, Cootie wrote: I was very interested in playing ZombiU in case I ever picked up one of these consoles, but IGN says that the game isn't so good and gave it a mere 6.3 review. Now, some other sites have given it better but I was hoping for rave reviews.

it is a god game, the only downside I've seen from game play is that you could just go through the game with a cricket bat

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 13:47:45

I would buy a Wii U but I dont have the money for it right now.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 21:23:07

This thread better not be dead by the time I get my WiiU next month, as I WILL be adding all of you

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 22:07:02

Let me know when the next smash bros comes out and they can actually make a decent server then we'll talk.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-20 22:39:29

At 11/20/12 10:07 PM, II2none wrote: Let me know when the next smash bros comes out and they can actually make a decent server then we'll talk.

The server is pretty good. I don't know where you are getting that from. Miiverse is surprisingly amazing. It's fun having people walk by you with messages about levels in Mario, or minigames in Nintendoland. You really have to experience it to really appreciate how subtle Nintendo's approach to community is.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-21 09:28:14

At 11/20/12 10:39 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
The server is pretty good. I don't know where you are getting that from.

It's failure of a big brother the Wii.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-21 12:36:55

At 11/19/12 09:16 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/wii-u-miiverse-debug-menu -reveals-yoshis-land-and-soul-hackers-20121119/
YES!

Interesting debugging at all...

More interesting factor was metal gear solid, i wonder what is konami up to it?

Resident Evil? bah game gone to shit since 5

Fuck sigs

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-21 20:48:04

At 11/21/12 11:50 AM, Cootie wrote: How does the multiplayer on this work? Is it as good as Xbox LIVE or is it shit like the original Wii? One of the main reasons I want one if for the 2D platformers I know will come and the Virtual Console. I'm on that nostalgia ish.

I don't have an online game, but any Miiverse posts upload very quickly, the browser is fast, and holy crap is Netflix fast! All the content from the 3DS and Wii shops are on there (although the 3DS stuff is just there for the sake of being there).

By the way, I went through the sad process of transferring my Wii data to my Wii U. I had to set up my Wii on another T.V and mess around with the shop channel to download a transfer channel, and find a good SD card, but my Wii is now empty.

I was treated to a wonderful animation of Pikmin physically picking my save files and blasting off to planet Wii U. Five years of memories right there, almost a third of my life.

Sniff...

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-21 23:34:51

My roomate actually just got a Wii U, so ill be able to play it next week.

So how is nintendo land?

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 06:10:40

At 11/21/12 11:34 PM, Bstuk2 wrote: My roomate actually just got a Wii U, so ill be able to play it next week.

So how is nintendo land?

I'm having a blast with it. Despite getting ZombiU and New super mario bros today I still can't put this game down. Lot's of content. Trying to get all the platinum trophies is a real challenge and getting all the items/juke box songs are going to take a good while by the looks of it.

If you have friends/siblings who will play the multiplayer attractions with you consistently it is just that much better. I wish I could say the same for myself but my bros get sick of having FUN with it after an hour and go back to play their stupid league of legends game. That game makes me angry to no end.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 11:19:58

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 12:02:21

At 11/22/12 06:19 AM, Xenomit wrote: Yet another handheld device in a sea of useless crap

it's not a handheld device and explain your point. go on!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 15:05:03

I miss the days when Nintendo consoles came bundled with the latest Mario game.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 23:08:43

Just got my Wii U, and so far, its not a waste of money i guess.

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 23:14:51

At 11/22/12 11:08 PM, MeatMachine wrote: Just got my Wii U, and so far, its not a waste of money i guess.

What color is it?

And if you got the black one, how good is that Nintendoland game?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 23:39:31

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/22/12 12:02 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/22/12 06:19 AM, Xenomit wrote: Yet another handheld device in a sea of useless crap
it's not a handheld device and explain your point. go on!
Not a handheld?

And I mean, there are a ton of handheld wannabes, like the psp, psvita, there's a new version of the Nintendo DS every 2 years, and so on, this looks like just another device that will never live up to it's claims, and I'm getting really weirded out at all the hype over it.

Are you really trying to compare a console to a handheld? It is not a handheld, it is a controller with a touchscreen on it. What the hell is your definition of a handheld system then? If the PSP and DS aren't handhelds, then what it?

At 11/22/12 11:14 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/22/12 11:08 PM, MeatMachine wrote: Just got my Wii U, and so far, its not a waste of money i guess.
What color is it?

And if you got the black one, how good is that Nintendoland game?

Probably one of the best mini game centric games I've ever played. My friends and I got our money's worth after 2 hours of Mario Chase. The Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin games are actually quite deep, and the solo games may not be as great, but they still shine (graphically and gameplay wise).

A must buy for anyone who gets the system.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 00:12:38

At 11/22/12 11:44 PM, Xenomit wrote: Dude, I said that both of those things are handheld

The controller has a screen on it yes, but the console isnt handheld in the way you think. The Wii U console must be on and I dont think it can operate further than 20 feet from it. Your suppose to play it on your T.V. but in the case someone bothers you and you want to keep playing you can use the gamepad.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 01:20:11

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, Xenomit wrote: Not a handheld?

The idea is to be able to free up the TV whenever others want to watch it and you don't.

But I guess that won't be a problem for you since you'll be forever alone.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 03:40:21

At 11/23/12 12:28 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/23/12 12:12 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/22/12 11:44 PM, Xenomit wrote: Dude, I said that both of those things are handheld
The controller has a screen on it yes, but the console isnt handheld in the way you think. The Wii U console must be on and I dont think it can operate further than 20 feet from it. Your suppose to play it on your T.V. but in the case someone bothers you and you want to keep playing you can use the gamepad.
Still, weather or not it's a handheld is besides the point, too many game systems are being made, I don't see the point in having a PC, a PS3 and Xbox 360, 2 different generations of DS's, a Wii and a Wii U, it's ridiculous

They aren't making anymore Wii games. If you want the future of nintendo CONSOLE gaming you need a Wii U. It is just like how the DS and 3DS aren't the same because you can't play 3DS games on the DS so you can't play Wii U on your Wii. Also you don't have to use the gamepad CONTROLLER for all the games. Some games have a wii remote option as well as the pro controller option. Just because it has a screen doesn't mean it is anymore of a handheld device than a xbox 360 or PS3 controller.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 11:18:04

And that's the entire system. You hold it in your hand. It's a handheld device.

No it's not. that is just the controller, you can use the wiimote or pro controller so get your facts straight before you come around saying what it isn't.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 12:32:08

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, and pretty much any other post, Xenomit wrote: I'm afraid of change, I'm afraid of new. I'm a huge pessimist over any new thing that comes out. I'm going to assume that it's either dysfunctional, impractical or disappointing despite knowing little to nothing of what I'm talking about especially having no experience with it. All evidence that proves otherwise I will dismiss and as I run of out irrelevant misinformed reasons to back up my opinions I will nitpick to the bone so I don't make it seem like there is any good to come from the console. I simply refuse to let optimism and satisfaction be an option, please give me more COD.

That about sums it up. I hate people like you.

Anybody try to get their hands on a Wii U today? I would imagine a lot of people went hunting crazy for one of them. I'm afraid my mom had no luck, this is when she intended on getting it.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 15:47:26

Y'know what I adore about Nintendo consoles? With the 3DS, Wii, and WiiU, they've added ambient music to almost every menu on the OS. It's some fantastic stuff.

3DS
3DS
3DS
WiiU
WiiU
Wii Shop Music (classic)
Gamecube

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 16:42:40

I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 22:32:57

At 11/23/12 04:42 PM, Crashman wrote: I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(

You can transfer your wii data if you have an SD card and a connection to the internet for it.

If you are worried about the gamecube data though... well that's another story.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 22:51:05

At 11/23/12 03:47 PM, Mr-Anderson wrote: Y'know what I adore about Nintendo consoles? With the 3DS, Wii, and WiiU, they've added ambient music to almost every menu on the OS. It's some fantastic stuff.

I absolutely love their music! The fact that the Gamepad and the T.V make a harmony with different music is awesome!

At 11/23/12 10:32 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 11/23/12 04:42 PM, Crashman wrote: I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(
You can transfer your wii data if you have an SD card and a connection to the internet for it.

If you are worried about the Gamecube data though... well that's another story.

You would have to keep a Wii around for that, as the Wii U officially killed Gamecube controllers. Still, I lanked my Wii and moved all my data to the Wii U and it worked fine.

RIP Gamecube (which better be on the virtual console).

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 01:25:00

Too many people I know say that the Wii U looks dumb. But... I think it's awesome.