00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,051 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-02-28 06:46:43

Hey guys, I feel ashamed that I haven't posted to this thread, perhaps it's only a good thing since I never post anything really constructive.

Anyways, just had the final nail with BO2, oh dear god, as if the two previous weren't enough to convince that it's not a good game series at all.

Well, finally got my copy of Ninja Gaiden 3, I guess the free DLC is already out, the estimated time says 1 hour so I'm trying to be patient.

Does anyone else have this game, if so, how is the online, from a gameplay video it seemed like lots of fun, but I did hear that not too many play online, doesn't surprise me though and well, as long as I can have challenging game that is full of blood and gore, I'm happy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-01 17:17:30

Is what this guy say is true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luPdKwWII20

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-01 18:11:06

At 3/1/13 05:17 PM, TheKlown wrote: Is what this guy say is true?

in one word: no

in one explanation:

He's just a playstation fanboy or xbox fanboy OR a Nintendo Hater....

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-01 18:26:14

At 3/1/13 05:17 PM, TheKlown wrote: Is what this guy say is true?

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Some of the points he made were completely false and he had no idea what he was saying.

The only valid point he made was the fact that there are just a bunch of ports right now. He acts like the thing is never going to have any games worth having which is false.

His issue with the ridiculous loading times have already been mentioned by Nintendo and they are going to fix it up in a spring and summer system update.

His stupid issue with the TV button is also dumb. Just press the stupid button while it is turning on and it works no need to wait for the system to completely boot up.

He can't power down his games while playing CoD? He is dead wrong on that. He is likely just pressing the home button which at the time of his video wouldn't work in online menus for that game. Just press and hold the power button and the system turns off no need to hassle with going to the home menu.

His issues are completely unjustified and he just wrote the system off for no good reason. I made sure to dislike that video as his reasoning was completely wrong. The guy should learn more about how the system works and what games are coming out before completely writing it off.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-03 22:18:52

Anyone happen to know if static electricity can damage the game discs? Reason I am asking is because my NintendoLand disc is being really weird after a little run in with a static electricity charge it is always freezing on the intro screen at the same place. Tried dozens of times and does the same thing each time.

It hadn't had any problems up until yesterday when I brought my Wii U and NintendoLand with me to a friends house. I was taking it out of the box and while I tried to insert the game a pretty big shock hit me(It caught me off guard and I dropped the game but this is a moot point since it didn't cause any scratches and I wiped the smudges off)

Yeah though it hasn't worked since that shock and now I wonder if my disc has just been completely damaged because of some silly static electricity. Hope that isn't the case but if it doesn't work in the coming days I probably have to go buy another copy of the game.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-04 12:55:20

At 3/3/13 10:18 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Anyone happen to know if static electricity can damage the game discs?

If there is a ring around the disk then it means you have burned and can't return or play it, if that's not what happened, I can't help you, go the your local game shop and ask for help.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-04 18:20:12

At 3/4/13 12:55 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 3/3/13 10:18 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Anyone happen to know if static electricity can damage the game discs?
If there is a ring around the disk then it means you have burned and can't return or play it, if that's not what happened, I can't help you, go the your local game shop and ask for help.

I didn't see anything unusual about it that made it obvious it was broken. It looked the same as my other discs which do work.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-04 21:16:31

I do not have a Wii U right now, but I am considering one as a one big birthday present.

HOWEVER, I am not so sure I want one.

Why? Because U.S. console sales in January were dismal. Perhaps even worse than N-Gage, Gizmondo, Virtual Boy, etc at some time. I don't know, but it had only 59,000 units sold. I bet February won't be any better.

It also seems that third party support is dropping fast, and games once meant exclusively for the Wii U are now going to be on other consoles.

It also seems like very few games, if any, have been released since its launch.

I am not sure if I should go for one (or if I should create a separate thread to discuss this). Maybe I should just stick with a couple 3DS games, and get Pandora's Tower for my regular Wii. The other presents would not be video game related.

Is Nintendo going the way of Sega?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-04 21:22:46

At 3/4/13 09:16 PM, Th-e wrote: I do not have a Wii U right now, but I am considering one as a one big birthday present.
Is Nintendo going the way of Sega?

Doubtful, Sega launched a console when it wasn't ready, and even they couldn't back it up with their own games. As small as the lineup is currently, I assure you you will have hours of fun with Nintendo Land, assuming you have people who you want to play with.

Some cool eshop titles are currently out, and the next few months looks good.

Either way, the 3DS completely sucked for 7 months until they released Mario Land 3D, and now the system has an great library of games.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-10 13:06:50

Doubtful, Sega launched a console when it wasn't ready, and even they couldn't back it up with their own games.

The dreamcast was amazing, games like the sonic adventure series, shenmue and crazy taxi pushed forwards. It's because the saturn was a flop and that there was so much hype for the PS2 the dreamcast would be the console at the back of the shelves you find after picking up the last PS2 and thinking "They still make those?!"

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-10 13:09:58

At 3/4/13 09:16 PM, Th-e wrote: I do not have a Wii U right now, but I am considering one as a one big birthday present.

HOWEVER, I am not so sure I want one.

Dude, give it a while, every console is like this a launch and after a few months of launch, no matter how much hype surrounds the console. Developers are still realizing the full potential of the
Wii U, besides developers are also still making games, wait for the new Zelda and smash bros to come out, sales will rocket up, also Nintendo needs to get it's rep back since the Wii classed them as a kiddy console, so give it a month or two, in time the Wii U will be head to head with the other to next gen consoles.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-10 16:33:38

At 3/10/13 01:06 PM, darkjam wrote: The dreamcast was amazing,

I meant at launch, I know it corrected it self later, but the bad launch didn't help it.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-11 13:11:17

I meant at launch, I know it corrected it self later, but the bad launch didn't help it.

Fair enough, it was fixed in a year though with Sonic adventure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-21 04:34:36

Right so I see no one has mentioned this yet so I guess I will.

The new need for speed most wanted game that just came out yesterday on the Wii U is $30 off on EA's origin website. $29.99+tax is a huge steal of a price for a brand new game.

Anyone looking to getting that and hasn't already really needs to take advantage of this deal. I ordered my copy yesterday.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.25173480 0/

That deal I guess is supposed to run on until next week I guess but try to take advantage of it soon if you can!

Yesterday was also the launch day for lego city and MH3U for anyone who was also interested in getting those games. I'm not aware of any deals for those games right now.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-21 19:05:38

Yesterday was also the launch day for lego city and MH3U for anyone who was also interested in getting those games.

So somebody other than me finally mentions MH3U! Am I the only one getting it here?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-21 21:28:38

At 3/21/13 07:05 PM, darkjam wrote:
Yesterday was also the launch day for lego city and MH3U for anyone who was also interested in getting those games.
So somebody other than me finally mentions MH3U! Am I the only one getting it here?

No, but I did Lego City. Played it for so many hours in the last couple of days. Really engrossing, and best gameplay in the series yet (and a few Nintendo references here and there).

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-22 05:40:28

Does anyone have plans for getting the NFS MW?

I pretty much disliked the original MW on GameCube already just because of lack of tuning compared to NFSU2, but by checking pics and seeing how much people are giving positive opinions, has made me bit curious about it.

Might be just hype because it's a new game for the U, but I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see what that Project Cars is all about.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-22 20:20:17

At 3/22/13 05:40 AM, Gremlin wrote: Does anyone have plans for getting the NFS MW?

I pretty much disliked the original MW on GameCube already just because of lack of tuning compared to NFSU2, but by checking pics and seeing how much people are giving positive opinions, has made me bit curious about it.

Might be just hype because it's a new game for the U, but I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see what that Project Cars is all about.

I am getting it. Was going to buy it at full price but origin had it on sale for 29.99. That sale is now over though and it is back at 59.99 on their site with other versions maintaining the discount for some reason.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-23 02:40:10

At 3/22/13 08:20 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
I am getting it. Was going to buy it at full price but origin had it on sale for 29.99. That sale is now over though and it is back at 59.99 on their site with other versions maintaining the discount for some reason.

I wonder what that's all about, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually some mistake or just simply a way to boost up the launch a bit, I wonder if too many people even knew about it, some were talking about it on Miiverse though.

Well, so far some people have given the NFS quite good review scores, hoping to see your opinion once you've gotten the chance to play it, been a while since my last racing game, if you don't count Mariokart Wii, it would be the original MW for Gamecube.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-23 08:21:20

At 3/23/13 02:40 AM, Gremlin wrote:
I wonder what that's all about, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually some mistake or just simply a way to boost up the launch a bit, I wonder if too many people even knew about it, some were talking about it on Miiverse though.

Well, so far some people have given the NFS quite good review scores, hoping to see your opinion once you've gotten the chance to play it, been a while since my last racing game, if you don't count Mariokart Wii, it would be the original MW for Gamecube.

I'm hoping for the best given all the good things I have heard about the series. Plus I did rather enjoy burnout paradise which this game is supposed to play similarly to. Looking forward to playing it in a few days I'l be sure to report back on how I feel about the game.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 05:57:07

At 3/23/13 08:21 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:

I'm hoping for the best given all the good things I have heard about the series. Plus I did rather enjoy burnout paradise which this game is supposed to play similarly to. Looking forward to playing it in a few days I'l be sure to report back on how I feel about the game.

Well I have had a go with the game now. Played it for about 4 hours or so already. Got the game 2 nights ago pretty much.

Anyway the game is solid as I expected. Took a little getting used to knowing what I needed to do and how to use the controls properly. Once I got that issue out of the way I started playing and I was having fun with it. Obviously this isn't a burnout title so there is a little more emphasis on the racing and less on the crashes but it is still a fun game.

Last night I had a go at the online mode as well and while I think the sample size is a little small based on my short 30-60 minute run with it, it seemed like a solid mode that was fun to play. 6 players online in a room and you do stuff. I'm not sure how doing stuff is determined be it someone selects it or it is automated system in the room you are in but I found it interesting and there was a lot of stuff to do.

The freezing issue I have heard about crept its ugly head into my playtime during this online session I had. It was the first time I ran into this issue and it was during a race too. I'm hoping that was just a blip and it's not something I should expect regularly.

Anyway I would recommend anyone get this game if they are on the edge about it. It's a fun game both in single player and online. I'l definitely be spending a lot of my days playing this game in the next few weeks which almost hurts me to say since I have such a backlog of games I need to play and finish such as Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's mansion 2 and three castlevania DS games that I ordered from gamestops website, there is also Terraria which I just got off of XBLA yesterday too. I got a lot of stuff to play to say the least and there is only more to come on the horizon. I better get a move on playing and finishing these games.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 11:03:14

What a load of bullshit! II'm banned from Miiverse for calling somebody and idiot! What the fuck Nintendo?!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 13:54:22

At 3/28/13 11:03 AM, darkjam wrote: What a load of bullshit! II'm banned from Miiverse for calling somebody and idiot! What the fuck Nintendo?!

Why would you call someone an idiot in the first place? You should know that would have raised a red flag on miiverse even if it was justified calling him that.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 16:48:46

Why would you call someone an idiot in the first place? You should know that would have raised a red flag on miiverse even if it was justified calling him that.

Because i'm batman! No but it's because he was acting like an idiot and the censorship on it is just pretty fucking dumb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 19:00:39

For you Zombi U players out there, the new patch has been release (about bloody time!)
Dat yellow writing!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 22:53:32

At first I was so excited and was ready to explode when I heard the Launch of the WiiU. Though, I didn't knew much about it during the time until reviews, the games, and etc. came out a little bit more. I was even less excited that they actually had two different versions that are both quite expensive. One that's $300 and comes with only 8 GB it's a rip-off and just for $50 dollars more can you get the 32 GB and Nintendo Land, with a few more accessories added on. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo Fan and love all their games, but I can't deal with how even the games are even more expensive. $60 for freak'in one game?! Nintendo is clearly eating your money away. But once Super Smash Bros 4 comes out on the WiiU I'm getting it regardless of what the price is. Because SSB never disappoints me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-28 23:13:18

At 3/28/13 10:53 PM, xXRedNinjaXx wrote: $60 for freak'in one game?!

Just a little Canadian rant here for a second. Our games are more expensive. Wii games were 60$. Wii U games are 60$. That is a reasonable price for us. Get over yourselves.

Anyway, the basic bundle is a clear ripoff. The deluxe is actually a great value though.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-29 07:28:57

At 3/28/13 05:57 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 3/23/13 08:21 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:

Well I have had a go with the game now. Played it for about 4 hours or so already. Got the game 2 nights ago pretty much.

Anyway the game is solid as I expected. Took a little getting used to knowing what I needed to do and how to use the controls properly. Once I got that issue out of the way I started playing and I was having fun with it. Obviously this isn't a burnout title so there is a little more emphasis on the racing and less on the crashes but it is still a fun game.

Last night I had a go at the online mode as well and while I think the sample size is a little small based on my short 30-60 minute run with it, it seemed like a solid mode that was fun to play. 6 players online in a room and you do stuff. I'm not sure how doing stuff is determined be it someone selects it or it is automated system in the room you are in but I found it interesting and there was a lot of stuff to do.

The freezing issue I have heard about crept its ugly head into my playtime during this online session I had. It was the first time I ran into this issue and it was during a race too. I'm hoping that was just a blip and it's not something I should expect regularly.

Anyway I would recommend anyone get this game if they are on the edge about it. It's a fun game both in single player and online.

It sounds good and even by checking the gameplay videos, it looks good, not a single negative thing has been mentioned that would be a game breaker.

I did see some guy on Miiverse saying how he is forced to buy a DLC because he got busted, sounds complete BS to me, but if it's true, then, WTF?

Still for some reason there is something inside my head telling me, that I won't end up liking it, been right too many times before and ended up being disappointed, so I'm not going to get it any time soon at least, still, I'll keep it on my "list".

At 3/28/13 11:03 AM, darkjam wrote: What a load of bullshit! II'm banned from Miiverse for calling somebody and idiot! What the fuck Nintendo?!

Be careful over there, there are many trolls who do nothing but flame everyone and act like idiots, insulting the console and everyone who has it. Some guy on European area of Ninja Gaiden 3 has been bitching how the Wii U sucks and isn't true next gen. console because the game has several frame drops, he has also been doing so to many other communities.

I told him that Wii U is next gen, even if it wasn't as powerful as the new PS4 and Xbox, he gave the typical answer about me being wrong because next gen means improvements that Wii U doesn't have.

I ended the conversation by telling him that in that case every kid born after me, after year 1993 ended, isn't next gen then since they're about 90% of the time, complete retards who show that humanity has started to take steps backwards, made my day when the next thing he said was complete nonsense that had nothing to do with our topic.

At 3/28/13 10:53 PM, xXRedNinjaXx wrote: At first I was so excited and was ready to explode when I heard the Launch of the WiiU. Though, I didn't knew much about it during the time until reviews, the games, and etc. came out a little bit more. I was even less excited that they actually had two different versions that are both quite expensive. One that's $300 and comes with only 8 GB it's a rip-off and just for $50 dollars more can you get the 32 GB and Nintendo Land, with a few more accessories added on. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo Fan and love all their games, but I can't deal with how even the games are even more expensive. $60 for freak'in one game?!

60 was the price for Wii games, so it was for Gamecube games here in Finland, so don't quite get what you're saying, average price has been around 45 - 60 euros over here ever since Gamecube.

I got to agree with the two models though, I wasn't very excited when they announced two, but then again, got the deluxe so, meh, I don't care.

Right now I'm quite desperate to find a good news site about gaming in general, places like eurogamer and wiiudaily makes me want to smash pari of lemons into my eyes, both seem very biased, the other one is full of negativity for Nintendo, the other one is full of.... well fuck, they just make me sick.

Any recommendations?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-29 07:31:07

Sorry for the double, but got to say, I really created a monster out of that previous post of mine, ewh, really sorry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-03-29 15:05:04

Mother of God, somebody help me! I'm stuck between getting monster hunter 3 ultimate and Bioshock infinite! Why do good games have to come out so close to each other?!

BBS Signature