00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Annoying bullshit on the radio

2,349 Views | 22 Replies

Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:00:52

Assuming there are people here who live in the stone age like me and still listen to FM radio in their car, what pisses you off the most?

-When a station constantly plays terrible covers of songs rather than the original (IE Lenny Kravitz's cover of American Woman or Aerosmith's cover of Come Together)

-When DJs talk about how unique *current popular generic tween rock band* is

-When DJs talk over the fucking song intro

Note: These only apply to commercial radio. Independent/college radio kicks ass.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:04:11

I know - censored songs.

I like beginnings.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:05:49

I haven't listened to the radio in ages. But what always annoyed me is when the DJ drills what station you're listening to by saying it over and over and over and over, and it gets to the point where I just gotta choke a bitch.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:07:25

they should still censor songs by making the fuck-words backwards like they did in the 80s and nineties. now its queer as DOG SHIT

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:21:24

> When "celebrities" come on and talk about their new piece of shit single that's due out in 3 weeks time but is already all over the radio and YouTube.

I put the fucking radio on to hear music. I did not put it on to spend my morning commute to work listening to some pretentious cunt talk about their inability to get over themselves while the radio host sucks them off for 15 minutes. Shut up, fuck off, and put the damn music back on already.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:24:36

The awful restricted playlists. That's why I only l listen to my iPod now.

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:52:38

At 11/1/12 12:04 AM, Xxf3nxX wrote: I know - censored songs.

Exactly. All the "edgy" music has to either rely on euphemisms from the start or get completely ruined. And everything else they play might as well be Excellent Horse-Like Lady.

Annoying bullshit on the radio

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 00:57:31

I hate when radio stations edit songs to shorten them. Often times songs will have shortened solos. Fuck that, I want music, not chopped-up music.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 01:01:05

At 11/1/12 12:57 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I hate when radio stations edit songs to shorten them. Often times songs will have shortened solos. Fuck that, I want music, not chopped-up music.

they shouldnt fux it up

but now screwed and chopped is da tite shits

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 01:36:43

The thing I hate about the radio is how many times they'll play a song over and over and over...

and over and over and over

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 01:41:05

Radio still has more dignity than the internet.

A world of information at your fingertips, and this is what millions of people choose to look at.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 02:05:52

Every time I hear a station say "New Music" and it is crap from last year I want to throw my stereo at the nearest person on a bicycle. But I don't. Because then I wouldn't get to hear about it on the news station.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 06:35:49

Lame ass radio talk shows who just say inappropriate things for shock value, without ever saying something actually funny.

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 09:02:34

I don't really listen to the radio anyway and they don't bring out old songs anymore! Looks like it's too mainstream!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 10:37:47

FM is dying... or is already dead. Atlanta radio is so horrible now.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 10:41:43

The music.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 11:16:12

"We'll interrupt this song to tell you briefly about how our station plays music 24x7!"

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 11:16:23

When they cut songs short or talk over them or just play boring shit on the charts

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 16:40:30

When the disc jockeys stop playing music to have intelligent discussions about current events, but don't actually have any idea what they're talking about.

I tune in to listen to music, not to be enlightened by pseudo intellectuals.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 16:54:45

Newer radio needs to learn from Chris Morris radio these days just doesn't measure up.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 18:18:41

Every weekday in the schoolbus I've got to listen to the radio and it's honestly horrible. Other than the fact that the music the radio showcases is crap, the same advertisements keep on playing, to the point that I can almost recite each one by heart.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 18:47:27

FM radio is basically the worst form of media there is today. I'm very surprised it is even still a thing. Every radio personality tries to be the next Howard Stern... be edgy and rude, but they just don't have it. Howard was a genius, but these guys today sound like they come out of a factory.

The music is terrible also. I will ocassionally listen to rock stations. It's always the same 3 songs by the band who has 200 songs. Why not play some variety?

NPR is where it's at. They play a variety of songs and genres and the DJs are more into the music rather than trying to make a reputation for themselves.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying bullshit on the radio 2012-11-01 23:10:33

radio has been dead for years yo