00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Disney bought Star Wars

8,995 Views | 77 Replies

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 18:53:59

At 10/30/12 06:35 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: To anyone who thinks Disney is unable to make a dark movie, I recommend you watch Pirates of the Caribbean.

Christ, let it be anything but.

Black Pearl is a passable but largely forgettable adventure film, but the sequels (outside of a couple of great character actors getting to chew the scenery) are dire.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 18:55:44

as if george lucas doesn't have enough fucking money already

everyone's least favorite shitposter

grindr page

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:13:07

Can't believe lucas just sold out and sold his baby to disney just to make a quick 6 billion, I'm losing a lot of respect for this man.

At 10/30/12 06:35 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: something

Oh god I'm dying over here.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:14:14

This is pretty surprising, but on the other hand I can't really see how they can possibly manage the franchise more horribly than Lucas already has, and Marvel hasn't exactly taken a nosedive since they were bought out by Disney.

Plus, now Lucas's practice of trying to bury the original versions of the first trilogy and forcing us all to accept Hayden Christensen's smarmy CGI'd-in mug and unnecessarily added "NOOOOO"s might finally come to an end.

So really it could actually be a good thing in the long run.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:16:34

Star Wars, Episode 7: The Emperor's New Groove

Don't bitch about me greentexting.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:23:28

At 10/30/12 07:16 PM, CrazySquirrel124 wrote: Star Wars, Episode 7: The Emperor's New Groove

lolool i see wat u did dar

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:39:22

There's massive potential for expansion in the Star Wars universe, even in the base storyline of Vader's rise and fall.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 19:45:02

At 10/30/12 04:48 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: If its gonna be more family oriented I won't even bother watching the movie.

Because the recent Star Wars material (the prequels and Clone Wars) is soooo adult oriented.

But seriously, Disney bought Pixar and Marvel and their stuff hasn't been altered at all. The worst case scenario is that those new Star Wars movies turn out to be sightly better than the prequels; I don't think you can do worse than that.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 20:17:40

Disney owning the franchise isn't going to hurt the franchise at all. People freaked out about the buying Marvel, and things stayed the same. I don't think making more movies is a good idea though, especially after how the prequels turned out.

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 20:19:15

At 10/30/12 07:27 PM, Crink wrote: someone who is actually going to create something under the star wars name that isn't george lucas is a welcome change in my eyes

Actually, George Lucas is going to help as a creative advisor.

And we all know how that ended.

Disney bought Star Wars

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 20:21:07

This makes me want to vote yes on question 2.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 21:00:01

star wars sucks anyway no loss lol

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 21:34:31

Really, I kind of torn on this. Part of me wants to think and say that Disney will not stop buying out all of our childhood stuff that we grew up on, and make it into something that it wasn't before, but the other side of me says that even when Disney bought companies that had no affiliation to Walt Disney or the Mouse, such as ESPN, Marvel and the like, they were still given enough autonomy to do what they want, so it almost not even noticeable at all that Disney is their parent company.

I try not to make any rash judgements on what Disney does, {except for when they tried to trademark Seal Team Six, which was pretty low on their part.} and it's not like I'm going to think of Star Wars or Indiana Jones any differently than I did before.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 21:39:38

At 10/30/12 09:31 PM, Profanity wrote: Oh god... Disney music scenes... Please don't.

Whatcha talkin' bout? That would be awesome! Now if they made it into a show tunes musical number where they sing everything I don't know what would happen there.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 23:46:40

So apparently this happened today.

I'm okay with this.

Disney bought Star Wars

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-30 23:50:40

Was anyone else's first thought of this being that the next KH game will have Sora team-up with Luke to fight Vader and blow up the death star along with meeting the X-Men and hanging out with Woody and Buzz?

Insane ramblings of a 7 year old or the greatest crossover ever? You decide.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 00:14:38

It just seems like Star Wars is good where it is. Like, isn't the story complete?

I don't really know much about it.

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 00:14:51

I barely expected this much cynicism.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 01:41:08

George Lucas had always intended to do the series that way. 4-6, 1-3 then 7-9. Any good Star Wars fan could have told you this was going to happen eventually down the road. I expected it many years from now, definitely not the year 2015 though. But I had always anticipated episode 7-9 ever since episode 1-3 came out.

And the story continues with the original characters as per the stories that are already out and have been out for quite a while. What they SHOULD have done or should do for episode 7 is explain some back story of Darth Plagueis and how he was so skilled with the force and Midi-chlorian manipulation he was trying to discover how to be immortal and within that time he discovered how to create life and thus Anakin was born purely through use of the force. This is important for the sequels and the events that unfold.

They should also touch up on the rule of two and Darth Bane and why there can be only two sith lords because of their destructive nature and path of power. I hope they tie that in with the new sequels because it's rather important to know from what happens to Luke.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 02:20:36

Hopefully it won't be a musical or over-dramatic.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 02:36:59

mite b cool

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 03:36:15

I don't see the problem. They're obviously capable of making good live action films. (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean)
And how much worse could it get? They might end up making the best of the star wars movies.

I just hope we get more Star Wars games out of this.

Battlefront 3

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 04:06:49

At 10/31/12 01:41 AM, Samuraikyo wrote: George Lucas had always intended to do the series that way. 4-6, 1-3 then 7-9. Any good Star Wars fan could have told you this was going to happen eventually down the road. I expected it many years from now, definitely not the year 2015 though. But I had always anticipated episode 7-9 ever since episode 1-3 came out.

This. Episodes 7-9 were inevitable sooner or later- it is too big a franchise for there not to be someone willing to take it on. Bearing that in mind there are worse companies that could have taken over- at least there is a chance that Disney will do a good job, and the base story they have to work with is a good one.

Personally I am quite excited to see what they do with Episode 7. I don't like shooting things down before they have even happened, especially a company that HAS produced good films. Sure, it might be terrible. Equally it might be incredible. Give the thing a chance!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 04:26:56

*takes a gun,shoots self*
Dead

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 05:43:17

I never even liked the original Star Wars trilogy, but after episodes 1-3 I completely lost hope in the series anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the series sold out a long time ago.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 05:55:22

I don't want to live on this planet any more.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 06:35:48

This is interesting, I actually like Disney when they do good stuff and not the live action teen drama bullshit. So hopefully they will give this good attention and make some decent movies.

Also are people really saying Disney are bad? Did you not pay any attention to the hype cartoon movies in the 90s?

At 10/30/12 04:45 PM, LordMartin-Mac wrote: Why is Disney thinking about? They have so many movies made already and now they wanted to ruin Star Wars
and now they wanted to ruin Star Wars
now ruin Star Wars
now

lol

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 06:58:26

Prequel trilogy = aimed at kids

Disney = usually make films for kids

I am feeling pretty pessimistic about a seventh Star Wars movie

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 10:46:24

At 10/30/12 04:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: news link

They're supposedly going to make a new SW movie that will release in 2015. If this actually happens, I'm only going to see it just to see how bad it actually is.

That is just hilarious. Why does Disney need to own everything that makes money?

What are your thoughts about this?

Me and my buddy freaked out when we heard this yesterday.

Response to Disney bought Star Wars 2012-10-31 12:13:14

I am actually happy to see the Star Wars franchise moving forward again. Lucas became a little whinny bitch after he wasn't hailed as a god for Ep 1-3. Hopefully with some strong writers the new SW movies can be great!

II II lI

BBS Signature