00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to deal with hateful comments?

2,708 Views | 35 Replies

I have a Youtube account where I post various video's ranging from video game discussions to reviews, etc, and everytime I upload a video, I always receive a small portion of hateful comments and they really discourage me and bring me down. These people say such rude things as if they personally know me. It just really affects me and I know it shouldn't, and I try to ignore it but it bothers me that some people have the nerve to so easily judge somebody based on something they do as a hobby. And most of the hateful comments aren't even related to my video's. They are just personal attacks. And I try to really put myself out there to hopefully make good video's and good content but I'm just kind of depressed now after so much shit talking. Any advice here?? Thanks people.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 05:08:05

You ignore them, thats how

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 05:10:26

At 7/30/12 05:08 AM, Lionelion wrote: You ignore them, thats how

this and theres such a thing as a comment downrate i hear,so yeah you can do that if your desprate enough

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 05:11:19

Grow thicker skin and ignore it.

Youtube has the ability to remove comments and block people from contacting you. If you feel like you're being harassed then use the tools that you have at your disposal. The answer is pretty clear if you ask me.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 05:51:51

I try guys.. I try hard to ignore it. I guess I'm a sucker or something. I just always strive to do a good job and make an impression and hope people enjoy what I do, and I mean no harm at all, but it just bothers me when people discredit me like that, like I did something wrong as a person. I am just doing what I enjoy as a hobby. Not harming anybody. Why does that warrant any hate? You know what I mean..

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 06:01:24

Have considered that they may be right your videos are terrible?

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 06:03:29

At 7/30/12 06:01 AM, f12guy wrote: Have considered that they may be right your videos are terrible?

The comments aren't really directed at the quality of my video's. Some have just attacked me about my personal self. Like, making fun of my voice, or making fun of my appearance in some of my Vlogs, or just saying that type of shit in general you know. Irrevelent stuff.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 06:05:17

At 7/30/12 05:06 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: I have a Youtube account

Well there's your problem.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 06:06:03

Your first mistake was making yet anothercrappy video about game reviews.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 06:06:59

Angryness and Hatefulness entirely different things, and hatefulness isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Address the legit criticism and ignore the angry insults.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 07:08:05

Simply ignore, there is no better way. Anything else will hurt yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 07:14:17

You could like just not care. Its not very hard, especially since they dont know you. Getting offended by such comments is kinda sad.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 07:31:21

i dont think op's that serious

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 08:51:13

The problem is you're a little bitch. Quit that, then ignore the comments.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 09:13:42

Give me a link of your vids so that I will dislike the comments of your haters and like your comments insulting them back.
It works man.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 09:48:47

a real, serious answer (even though it may not seem like it at first):

let the comments get to you, as much as possible

let the hateful comments bring you down as far as they can

it's only in that experience that you will understand what the comments really mean

let your emotions flare and then they will extinguish

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 10:11:45

You give up and let them get to you. Cut your self to relieve your pain.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 10:49:49

At 7/30/12 05:06 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: I have a Youtube account where I post various video's ranging from video game discussions to reviews, etc, and everytime I upload a video, I always receive a small portion of hateful comments and they really discourage me and bring me down. These people say such rude things as if they personally know me. It just really affects me and I know it shouldn't, and I try to ignore it but it bothers me that some people have the nerve to so easily judge somebody based on something they do as a hobby. And most of the hateful comments aren't even related to my video's. They are just personal attacks. And I try to really put myself out there to hopefully make good video's and good content but I'm just kind of depressed now after so much shit talking. Any advice here?? Thanks people.

Reply to them calling them faggots - works for me. But seriously, you should either just mess with them and laugh it off until they get bored because if you start whining and responding like this, they're just gonna' keep doing it. If you show them that you find their pitiful insults funny, then they'll give up.
You can always insult them too, make fun of any videos they've uploaded or favorited or anything. You might think "oh, I don't wanna' fall to their level" but when you're dealing with trolls, DO fall to their level. They're insulting you for no real reason whatsoever, so insult them back for no real reason whatsoever. Or laugh at them and make jokie responses like I said before WHATEVER BRO

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 10:52:40

If you can't handle being called "lolfaggot", you shouldn't be on the fucking Internet.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 12:36:33

Stop going to youtube.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 12:50:19

Come back at them with something even more hateful and shatter their confidence until quitting the internet is their only option.

Lolthread

Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 12:51:44

Suicide, it's the only way.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 12:56:40

Isn't there an option to block people from commenting on your videos?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 12:57:22

First thing you gotta do is delete your youtube account.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 14:13:15

Just ignore them. They are probably all just that guy below me.

How to deal with hateful comments?

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 16:22:47

Just ignore the haters. There are so many on the internet.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 16:24:25

Grow a pair.

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 18:23:42

plainly out of curiosity, can I ask what is your channel?

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 23:44:33

At 7/30/12 04:22 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Just ignore the haters. There are so many on the internet.

Yeah I know.. I need to work on it I guess. On top of receiving hateful comments, I also have people stalking my Twitter accounts and my Facebook accounts that I have linked to my Youtube, and I occasionally receive rude messages from random people and I just think that's crossing the line you know. It's one thing to post disgusting comments on my video's, and then another to actually stalk me and start sending me emails harassing me. I just don't understand why people devote so much time to such a thing. Is it insulting another person really that desirable for some? It just boggles my mind honestly..

Response to How to deal with hateful comments? 2012-07-30 23:45:46

At 7/30/12 05:06 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: I have a Youtube account where I post various video's ranging from video game discussions to reviews, etc, and everytime I upload a video, I always receive a small portion of hateful comments and they really discourage me and bring me down.

Suck it up.