00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How can I get into voice acting?

1,619 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-25 15:53:24

Should I post some samples?!
I don't know how to on here because it won't let me!

It says "ERROR âEU" You have been banned from publishing audio."

how do I get unbanned!?

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-25 16:03:17

At 7/25/12 03:53 PM, nakedxbabe wrote: Should I post some samples?!
I don't know how to on here because it won't let me!

It says "ERROR âEU" You have been banned from publishing audio."

how do I get unbanned!?

Make a new account.

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-25 16:11:17

At 7/25/12 03:53 PM, nakedxbabe wrote: It says "ERROR âEU" You have been banned from publishing audio."

You were banned for accepting into part of a spam collab as your FIRST AUDIO SUBMISSION. That is a big no-no.

how do I get unbanned!?

You can't get unbanned. The only thing to do would be to make a new account.

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-25 16:14:34

Sorry for the double post, but here are some useful links for you to read regarding your VA question. It is recommended that you pay attention to these links if you want your new account to remain in good standing.

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Here is also an additional link to some Audio Resources.

- A link to a few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Review Request Club Thread

- Audio Approval Request Thread

- If you have a voice acting demo reel, put it in the Voice Actor Advertisements thread.

- If you're looking for voices for your project, check out the Voice Actors Wanted thread.

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 12:29:29

At 7/25/12 04:11 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 7/25/12 03:53 PM, nakedxbabe wrote: It says "ERROR Ãf¢EU" You have been banned from publishing audio."
You were banned for accepting into part of a spam collab as your FIRST AUDIO SUBMISSION. That is a big no-no.

how do I get unbanned!?
You can't get unbanned. The only thing to do would be to make a new account.

Call me dumb, but I read through the rules posting and this thread and have no idea what you mean by "accepting part of a spam collab". Does that mean he included a collaboration by someone else in his audio submission? I just want to make sure I understand this D:

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 12:51:29

At 7/26/12 12:29 PM, MooshuBeef wrote:
Call me dumb, but I read through the rules posting and this thread and have no idea what you mean by "accepting part of a spam collab". Does that mean he included a collaboration by someone else in his audio submission? I just want to make sure I understand this D:

It's simple really. If you are submitting your first submission and aren't approved yet, you'd better make sure it's 100% made by yourself and not a collab.

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 15:35:51

At 7/25/12 09:11 PM, LaForge wrote: Gee, isn't that something? Are you still interested in guitar, Naked Babe? I'd really like to hear how much progress you've made!

I made a lot of progess,I am having a concert in september and I'm in a music video this august.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 15:45:52

Thanks for that clarification, I wasn't sure how a collaboration would be "spam". Also what's the difference between an approved and unapproved member?

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 16:03:21

At 7/26/12 03:45 PM, MooshuBeef wrote: Thanks for that clarification, I wasn't sure how a collaboration would be "spam". Also what's the difference between an approved and unapproved member?

An approved member has had one of their songs listened to by an audio moderator, who then approved them to post songs publicly to the audio portal. An unapproved member has not gone through this process, and is only able to post songs to their wall.

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 18:26:14

At 7/26/12 12:51 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 7/26/12 12:29 PM, MooshuBeef wrote:
It's simple really. If you are submitting your first submission and aren't approved yet, you'd better make sure it's 100% made by yourself and not a collab.

There's nothing wrong with people submitting collabs as their first submission, assuming they actually contributed to it (And if follows the rules, obviously) and didn't just accept a spam collab invitation, as the OP did.

Submitting a collab may make it a little more difficult for us to investigate when we're going through the list, but there's no reason you can't collab with someone while you're awaiting approval.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to How can I get into voice acting? 2012-07-26 19:27:09

At 7/26/12 12:51 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: It's simple really. If you are submitting your first submission and aren't approved yet, you'd better make sure it's 100% made by yourself and not a collab.
At 7/26/12 06:26 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: There's nothing wrong with people submitting collabs as their first submission, assuming they actually contributed to it (And if follows the rules, obviously) and didn't just accept a spam collab invitation, as the OP did.
Submitting a collab may make it a little more difficult for us to investigate when we're going through the list, but there's no reason you can't collab with someone while you're awaiting approval.

Yes I agree with this. I was directly referring to the OP though, since I figured that's probably what he should do for his first approval submission on his new account, in order to quicken his personal approval process.

In no way did I mean to imply that everyone should do this. There is indeed no such rule that explicitly bars one from using a collab as his first submission approval, provided it meets the conditions that BFP previously mentioned.

Sorry for not making that more clear.