00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinions on Suicide

4,959 Views | 63 Replies

Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 13:50:44

What do you think about people commiting suicide? Is it excusable given the fact that ti may harm other people in their daily lives- i.e. upsetting loved ones, etc? Do you think that suicide makes someone a bad person, or is it excusable in certain circumstances? Also, do any of you guys have personal experiences with suicide?

Discuss.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.

Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 13:53:14

People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 13:55:12

why even care about them

they're dead

dirt under your feet

i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 13:57:40

At 7/2/12 01:55 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best

What is this I don't even...

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 14:03:58

I knew a guy who killed himself over a girl, he posted some shit on facebook and then went out in his backyard and hung himself from a swing set. Not sure what I learned from that...

But I guess it's subjective. Every individual incident is different. I'm sure many suicides are senseless, many are greedy, many are cowardly, and so on. But I'm sure many are fairly understandable: terminal illness, horrible pain, HIV positive cellmate won't stop raping you, etc...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 14:29:47

I also had a friend who's mother was a cop, and she sat down on her front step and shot herself with her service revolver. I met him not long after that, I think he joined up with me and my friends because we never knew her and he wouldn't have to think about it around us.

It's hard for me to judge how badly it effected him, because I didn't know him before it happened, and he never talked about it. The only time he ever brought it up was after I had an argument with my mother on the phone. He said something along the lines of "I regret every bad thing I ever said to my mom." I don't think I'll ever forget the way he said that.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 14:32:46

At 7/2/12 01:53 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote: People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

I doubt you can even imagine what a 'tough life' is. I doubt many of us here can.

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 14:54:38

At 7/2/12 02:35 PM, MrPercie wrote: people who think suicide is right should fucking kill themselves..

This is logical...surprisingly.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 15:00:19

At 7/2/12 01:53 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote: People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

This.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 15:12:14

It's a way of fearing reality and seeing no positive way to deal with it, mostly performed by desperate people who think too irrational.

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 15:13:12

At 7/2/12 01:57 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote:
At 7/2/12 01:55 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best
What is this I don't even...

i meant what i said

if someone commits suicide, it's probably for the best

they had problems couldn't handle and they're not going to bother any one else on earth with those problems again

solved

as long as they don't have children depending solely on them to provide support, i don't see what the problem is

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 15:33:10

At 7/2/12 03:00 PM, robotking98 wrote:
This.

the number in your name which i assume is your birth year accurately reflects what i think of the people posting like 'this'

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 16:03:23

I think suicide is a very selfish act personally.

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 16:07:52

Spoken like a true drone.

People who take their lives can be selfish, but so are the people who want the person to stay alive and suffer.

Therefore, suicide is selfish-neutral.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:02:45

If somebody wanna croak hey self up, I'm all for it. too many damn people on this planet anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:06:06

At 7/2/12 01:50 PM, Rapacity wrote: Also, do any of you guys have personal experiences with suicide?

Yes, I do. On March 6th, 2012 my uncle purposely shot himself in the chest and bled to death.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:11:42

But the japanese killed themselves in WWII to protect thier honor/so they wouldint be captured and/or interrogated

Its my sig, its me, i made it, gtfo

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:16:33

Sure most of the time its selfish but theres people that will take thier own life rather then just give "Intel" to protect i know it sounds hard to belive but its true

Its my sig, its me, i made it, gtfo

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:19:00

At 7/2/12 05:11 PM, OreoSaki wrote:
But the japanese killed themselves in WWII to protect thier honor/so they wouldint be captured and/or interrogated

Also kamikazes.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 17:36:20

Ah, suicide! I've had way to much experience with it, basically my family (Mum's side) has a severe genetic disposition to autism and clinical depression thus my uncle (two actually), cousin, grandmother, grandfather and a friend all killed themselves for various reasons, in an ironic and cruel twist all but two of the previous (one being the friend) killed themselves because they were sad about another family member dying. As in one of my uncles killed himself because his wife cheated, the other uncle killed himself because his brother was dead, my Granddad because his son was dead, his wife because her husband was dead and my cousin because his Dad was dead and my friend killed himself 'cos he felt guilty about stabbing someone.

All in all I'm emotionally detached from well, everything really so I'm not terribly bothered but do find them to be rather the bunch of assholes for it. There's also a guy I met on the internet who I consoled quite a few late nights when he went through a suicidal phase though his was justified my circumstance and the plan is now for me to move to America and work for him as he owns an insurance company now so there's a happy twist in the story for sure :)

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 18:27:30

depends, if they had to push a button and take out a whole bunch of bad guys I would say its fine since your takin em with ya. but, in general I highly disapprove of suicide.

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 20:08:45

At 7/2/12 07:14 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
WOW OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO MACHO AND COOL

Seriously, why should they even bother if they don't want to? People should just do whatever the hell they want, even if that's killing themselves.

It's just an opinion, you know...

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 20:23:32

If you're not going to kill yourself then there's at least someone in this world who is more than willing to kill you if given the chance.

This goes for every single one of us.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-02 23:58:48

Suicide is irrational. You are born with a natural instinct to survive. I'm sure it take plenty of will power to override that, but if you seriously can't think of another way out of a situation than suicide, you either aren't thinking or aren't trying hard enough.

There is always another way, even if it's getting killed by someone else. Never, under any circumstance that I can mentally conjure up, is suicide the only way.

When you think about it, every waking moment of your life, suicide is an option. Don't agree with my opinion? Then killing yourself is an option so you don't have to deal with it. Ignoring it is a much more beneficial and safe option. Arguing it is less beneficial, seeing as you have to deal with it more if you're going to change it, but still, it's an option.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 00:43:56

If someone really, really wants to kill themselves then fucking let them.

Don't shove your fears of eternal damnation and your fear of God and your objective morality down their throat.

Don't tie them to a leash and deny them their freedoms and the ultimate freedom of killing themselves.

Why be afraid of suicide? Its just pointless unless of course you believe in God and Jesus and think that the universe has objective morals and shit like that which I kind of disagree with (I'll wait till their is evidence first i think. For the moment I'll stay irreligious/apathetic/agnostic. Somewhere in that area.)

Who says we have to live through life and that we HAVE to exist? God? You because you have some irrational fear of the idea of suicide and you think that everyone has to be like you and follow your objective ideas?

I don't personally encourage suicide or glorify it, if someone came up to me asking for advice on whether he should kill themselves I would probably try and encourage them not to.

But I'm not going to shove up objective viewpoints down their throat or anything like that cause that is just pointless.

'HURR DURR SUICIDE IS FOR COWARDS'

what the hell does that even mean? life isn't black and white or jesus vs. santans or any bullshit like that

why am I even trying to make sense out of this life is too complicated and confusing I'm going to watch The Adventures of Mark Twain now (the claymation one)

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 10:55:54

Imagine a life of one injustice after another. Of endless meaningless, unfair suffering. Where you feel like a victim, like a charity case, like a terrible tragedy. Suicide would be the only benevolent force available to you in such circumstances.

I view it as a generally benevolent force. An option that we always have. When life gets too much to bear, people nearly always resort to suicide. If suicide wasn't an option, the only option would be endless suffering... I can't think of anything more horrific.

If I was born mentally retarded, I wouldn't know I was retarded and wouldn't comprehend the indignity of being so. But If I was born extremely intelligent, and somehow prophesised that I would be involved in a freak accident that ended up with me having severe brain damage, and becoming retarded, I would rather kill myself than suffering the indignity of being a retard.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 12:01:11

it is a good thing and everyone should do it this is my opinion ty newgrounds©

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 12:26:56

natural selection at its finest

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 20:46:02

In my family if you're over a certain age and are diagnosed with a terminal disease, you're expected to kill yourself. If you don't, and end up in a coma, you are poisoned by a relative with your own medication.

I'm fairly certain the reason my father began hardcore motorcycling again is because he had knee surgery, is over 50, is diabetic, etc, etc. I guess he feels if he's too old to ride, he's too old to live.

Considering my grandfather was diagnosed with brain cancer shot himself with a shotgun, that's not too unreasonable.

I would say I'd prefer to attempt something ridiculously impossible/awesome/dangerous as a form of suicide as well. That way it doesn't look like a suicide, even though it is.

And yes, my family is religious.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on Suicide 2012-07-03 20:51:30

It's the easy way out for them if they thought of the world as meaningless and bland or if they must die right now.

As prior to the mindset:

"I'm gonna die anyway. Why not hasten my death and end this miserable life?"
//Effective with people who have terminal disease if euthanasia wasn't given to him. Well it depends. Really.

or

"If I die, I might be able to save someone else because the med team will rip my organs out and donate it to other people who needed the most. My life is short anyway. What's more it's fresh!"

or

"No one needs me. I'm better off dead." //For very gloomy people.

or

"This world is a nightmare. I'll kill myself so I'll wake up!"

or

"I serve my country. I'm a patriot. I'm willing to die for it whatever means necessary even I'm held captive."

or

"Suicide is beautiful!" //Mostly on psychopaths who organizes a suicide link

There are things I do and there are things I want to do. Overall, I just want to live my life and end it the way I want.

BBS Signature