00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If we can live on other planets

2,570 Views | 33 Replies

If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:10:22

like the mars or moon or something in the future when you're presumably still alive, would you move away from Earth?
My question is, if provided an opportunity to go settle a new planet (we're assuming you succeed and that it's not like Doom or Aliens ) Would you do it, or do you like Earth too much?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:13:32

At 6/16/12 03:11 PM, Skaren wrote: Let's ship all the Jews to the moon. Without colonizing it.

die-onism

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:18:13

First off, the moon isn't a planet, it's a satellite. Second, if that piece of shit series Terra Nova is any indication of colonizing foreign places, then I'm sure as hell not going to be one of the first migrations I can tell you that.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:25:12

I wouldn't mind living on the moon if it were fully colonized with cities and suburbs and what-not. Low gravity sports are awesome!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:34:02

How could you not? The chance to stand on new ground, under a new sky (Assuming we terra form). How could the simple act of being there NOT be enough to inspire you?

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:36:31

At 6/16/12 03:34 PM, Trambamboline wrote: How could you not? The chance to stand on new ground, under a new sky (Assuming we terra form). How could the simple act of being there NOT be enough to inspire you?

What would it inspire you to do?

dal lunge ci mira

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:38:16

I'd take an Einstein Rosenberg to Asgard.

Fuck y'all.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:39:11

hell ye, to be the new colonists

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:39:46

At 6/16/12 03:36 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: What would it inspire you to do?

I meant inspire you to go. But still, to explore? To learn? To discover? If we can put ordinary people on a new planet, what the hell can't we do?

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:40:02

I wish to reside in a land which is mine, not in a land whose status is unknown.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:44:05

At 6/16/12 03:40 PM, satanbrain wrote: I wish to reside in a land which is mine, not in a land whose status is unknown.

How much land do you own?

dal lunge ci mira

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 15:56:22

At 6/16/12 03:44 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote:
At 6/16/12 03:40 PM, satanbrain wrote: I wish to reside in a land which is mine, not in a land whose status is unknown.

Owning in a sense of having a right to live in and control, I own as much as my nation.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:02:18

At 6/16/12 03:56 PM, satanbrain wrote:
At 6/16/12 03:44 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote:
Owning in a sense of having a right to live in and control, I own as much as my nation.

Your sense of ownership is a false construct made by your mind. It is an inferior logic left over from the time where you constantly were being raided and needed to know what you were protecting and why. Today we have other people protecting us.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:10:21

At 6/16/12 04:02 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Your sense of ownership is a false construct made by your mind.

It is the realization that my property will be protected by the political structure which is called a state. This state is compromised of a nation I am part of and thus, I share the ownership with them.

It is an inferior logic left over from the time where you constantly were being raided and needed to know what you were protecting and why.

A land. A base for me to establish a refuge in which I shall live.

Today we have other people protecting us.

Other than the state (through it's executive authority)?

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:13:17

At 6/16/12 04:10 PM, satanbrain wrote:
At 6/16/12 04:02 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Your sense of ownership is a false construct made by your mind.
It is the realization that my property will be protected by the political structure which is called a state. This state is compromised of a nation I am part of and thus, I share the ownership with them.

It is an inferior logic left over from the time where you constantly were being raided and needed to know what you were protecting and why.
A land. A base for me to establish a refuge in which I shall live.

Today we have other people protecting us.
Other than the state (through it's executive authority)?

Yes, today we have other people who fear harming us for the executive authorities' punishment, today we have less people who are willing to defy their morals for personal gain because of the modern consequences associated with them.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:15:16

At 6/16/12 04:13 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Yes, today we have other people who fear harming us for the executive authorities' punishment, today we have less people who are willing to defy their morals for personal gain because of the modern consequences associated with them.

How does that refute my ownership?

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:17:09

At 6/16/12 04:15 PM, satanbrain wrote:
At 6/16/12 04:13 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Yes, today we have other people who fear harming us for the executive authorities' punishment, today we have less people who are willing to defy their morals for personal gain because of the modern consequences associated with them.
How does that refute my ownership?

Your ownership is meaningless to any of those above you in positions of higher power. As soon as they disrupt the order your brain has constructed inside itself it leads to great amounts of stress, it is much easier to believe that you don't own Earth, Earth owns you.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:25:05

At 6/16/12 04:17 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Your ownership is meaningless to any of those above you in positions of higher power.

That may be so, but if they share the same interest with me the ownership remains. It is hard to believe they care nothing for protecting ownership while they are actively acting in favour of it.

As soon as they disrupt the order your brain has constructed inside itself it leads to great amounts of stress, it is much easier to believe that you don't own Earth, Earth owns you.

Earth cannot own. Earth is not a being. Humans control the differents segments of earth.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 16:42:10

Yeah, sure we need to colonise soon.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 17:02:51

I want to visit the Diamond and Platnium planets once they find out where they are in the universe

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 20:36:42

At 6/16/12 03:10 PM, Suprememessage wrote: like the mars or moon or something in the future when you're presumably still alive, would you move away from Earth?
My question is, if provided an opportunity to go settle a new planet (we're assuming you succeed and that it's not like Doom or Aliens ) Would you do it, or do you like Earth too much?

Well unless a global effort takes place between all modernized countries, it will be hundreds of year until we are able to live on mars under the protection of biodomes. As for having a body terraformed to the point we can live on it unaided, if act as a global effort to terraform a planet, I think it could take less than a thousand years. But there is a problem with this, humans are stupid and only think of themselves. So the only feasible to get the leaders of governments to act upon the expansion of our species into space, is if an asteroid large enough to kill alarming amounts of people(at the least half a billion) strikes earth, the earth leaders would collectively take huge leaps to convert another body into a habitable home away from our sitting duck of a planet. Planetary bodies and satellites which would be "easy" to terraform would be Mars, Europa, and Titan but since mars is the closest to earth, we would likely aim to make it earth like. But other bodies which could be habitable are Venus, the moon, Ceres, Io, Ganymede, Callisto, Enceladus, Triton, and maybe some of the other major moon of the gas giants.

Yes I would love to be one of the first settlers of any non earth world. Earth is too vulnerable to have no planetary siblings. After all, we are just a pale blue dot in space, there is nothing special about us.

I'm such an astronomy nerd!

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 22:43:09

At 6/16/12 03:39 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 6/16/12 03:36 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: What would it inspire you to do?
I meant inspire you to go. But still, to explore? To learn? To discover? If we can put ordinary people on a new planet, what the hell can't we do?

It would be basically pointless unless you're like, a geologist, or a miner, or something, assuming we're talking about the moon or Mars. If we're talking about some cool planet that has an alien civilization on it, then hell yeah, I know what you're talking about. But just to poke around a giant rock, essentially, would be boring. Sure, there would be caves and stuff, but like I said, unless you're some sort of hardcore geologist, you could basically get all that on Earth.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-16 23:05:09

I'd form the EDF.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:07:31

At 6/16/12 03:17 PM, Protagonist wrote: I'd go to Mars and have a Mars bar.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo.

I would only move to another planet if Earth was a mess and the human race is generally migrating to that one.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:14:10

If it happened today, I'd stay on the Earth.

However, I think when we discover that technology, it's going to be because that we've already destroyed Earth.

So I guess I'd move.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:29:46

At 6/16/12 03:10 PM, Suprememessage wrote: like the mars or moon or something in the future when you're presumably still alive, would you move away from Earth?

I would definitely go out to the stars.
Something I frequently talk about, hoping I'm still alive when we make it out in space. But who am I kidding I'll probably be an extremely old man that given I'm still alive at the time of it finally happening.

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:41:37

It'd be a cool idea, but unless something catastrophic happened on Earth, I would really have no reason to leave.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:45:58

I'd stay on earth. I'd visit other planets though.

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 00:47:38

Fuck that shit. The moon and mars has a smaller gravity than that of earth. Meaning, overtime, you will become weaker to adapt to the gravity. So I were to live on the moon or mars for a couple of years, then come back to earth for a visit, I'm going to have to spend my time in a wheelchair here since I'm too weak to maneuver on my own.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to If we can live on other planets 2012-06-17 01:06:06

At 6/17/12 12:47 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Fuck that shit. The moon and mars has a smaller gravity than that of earth. Meaning, overtime, you will become weaker to adapt to the gravity. So I were to live on the moon or mars for a couple of years, then come back to earth for a visit, I'm going to have to spend my time in a wheelchair here since I'm too weak to maneuver on my own.

It is not adaption, it is muscle degrigation. Realize people who are in the earth space stations exercise to prevent this. I am sure future societies would find a way around this by being percribed a helpful steroid.